Page 7 of 9 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last

Thread: Fyi: Thp

Forum Member

I'm hoping to get vet points and bump my score up.

58D Driver
    If you have Facebook, the "Tennessee Department of Safety Recruitment" has a page. They update this from time to time and answer questions. It has been a good source of information for those over the past two classes.

Also, in response to an earlier post regarding veteran's points:

VETERANS INFORMATION: Tennessee veterans preference points are only added to passing examination scores on Career Service appointment registers. To receive veterans preference points, you must be a present or former member of the United States Armed Forces, have served on active duty during the service eligibility periods listed below (unless otherwise noted), have received an honorable discharge, and be a legal resident of the State of Tennessee (i.e., have resided in the State of Tennessee for the past two-year period or possess a Tennessee voter registration card). Veterans meeting these conditions will have five (5) points added to their passing examination scores. For veterans with a ten percent (10%) or greater service-connected disability, ten (10) points will be added to their passing examination scores. Ten (10) points will be added to the passing examination scores of the spouse or unremarried spouse of a one hundred percent (100%) service- connected disabled veteran or the unremarried spouse of a veteran killed on active duty during the eligibility periods listed below. Five (5) points will be added to the passing examination scores of the spouse or unremarried spouse of a one hundred percent (100%) service-connected disabled veteran or unremarried spouse of a veteran killed on active duty during any other time period.

REFERENCE: State of Tennessee Employment Application, www.tn.gov/tdfi/forms/StateApplication.pdf
    Last edited by 58Dpilot; 03-01-2012 at 03:47 PM.
    Speed is life. Altitude is insurance.

Forum Member

Can an applicant find out where they rank in their county.
    Last edited by hunt543270; 03-03-2012 at 05:32 PM.

58D Driver
    Yes, an applicant can call the Tennessee Department of Human Resources (in the James K. Polk Bldg.) Tell them that you tested for Trooper and are wanting to know your ranking in your county. They will usually pull this up using your SSN.
    Speed is life. Altitude is insurance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 58Dpilot View Post
    Yes, an applicant can call the Tennessee Department of Human Resources (in the James K. Polk Bldg.) Tell them that you tested for Trooper and are wanting to know your ranking in your county. They will usually pull this up using your SSN.

HR just advised me that Rankings will not be out for 2 more weeks as the deadline to take the test has not passed. I thought i read the deadline being 3/2 or something like that to be considered for the next recruitment. I guess we will wait and see. Based off her information I would assume letters or emails for interviews wont be for at least another 2 weeks once we are ranked.

Forum Member

Has anyone on this been through the entire process?

Forum Member

Got an email and my status changed to eligible list. I wonder when HR will have the rankings completed. Only top 5 in each county or out of state will be contacted when an opening occurs.

Update: I called HR who advised since I am out of state and chose to work in very county when I applied, that I would be on each counties register if and when they pull to make calls. She did pull one county Davidson, I think and I was in top 60. Not going to get interview in that county.
    Last edited by michaelrossjustice; 03-06-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Forum Member

I ranked 2nd in my county, does that mean I'm getting a call

Forum Member

What County ? I tried calling HR to find out how they are going to handle out of state applicants. Can anyone advise?
    Last edited by michaelrossjustice; 03-08-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Forum Member

Dickson, I thought you talk to the hr about that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by five.o.90 View Post
    Dickson, I thought you talk to the hr about that.
    I did but every time I talk to them they tell me something different. This morning was you are out if state, I can't tell you where you rank! Guess I will just wait to see if I get an interview.

I called HR yesterday and she advised me that they had sent out letters Tuesday. She looked up my information in her system and told me that I should be receiving a letter. It would be either at the end of this week or the first of next.

Forum Member

Letters for what?

She told me it was letters for interviews.

Forum Member

oh ok thanks. So she could look your info up to see if you were getting an interview?

Not real sure, the way she made it sound it could be a letter of thanks or a letter for a interview.

Forum Member

Anybody check to see if there status has changed?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by devildogsgt5 View Post
    Anybody check to see if there status has changed?
    My status changed to eligible list first part of week when official results were let out and all I got was an email letter stating same.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by michaelrossjustice View Post
    My status changed to eligible list first part of week when official results were let out and all I got was an email letter stating same.
    That's all I've gotten as well.

Forum Member

I spoke with thp personel division. They said there is not academy scheduled this year, that they took applications now because last year they only took then once and they had over 2000 applicants so the were like slammed with all this work. So they are taking applications now so that they will already have a pool of eligible candidates.

The letter I received in the mail was exactly what you posted. It just stated my eligible listing, and showed what points that I had received.

Forum Member

I took the written on Friday and got the result today with an 82. Did anyone receive any new updates?

Forum Member

edit...delete
    Last edited by bradalan; 04-02-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Forum Member

Hello everyone,
    I was just wondering, did anyone begin to move forward to the oral board?

Forum Member

They won't begin interviews until a school has been scheduled. Which can and usually does come out of nowhere.

Page 7 of 9 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last