Forum Member

Another reason why some people need a license to breed

I'm sure that there has been many posts on this subject, so here is another chapter in this ongoing topic:

http://www.news.com.au/world/girl-5-...-1225909623697
    If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence of your attempt.

~*MEOW*~
    There's another instance right down the road from me...a 6 year old downs syndrome boy was found locked in his mother's unfinished attic. He was half the weight he should have been at age 6 according to the news.

Malnourished 6-Year-Old Found In DeSoto Attic

DE SOTO, Kan. -- Johnson County Sheriff's deputies found a malnourished 6-year-old boy in the attic of a home late Tuesday night and have arrested the boy's mother on an outstanding warrant.

Deputies said they were called to the 8200 block of Center Drive around 5 p.m. Wednesday by the grandmother of the boy to conduct a welfare check on the 6-year-old. Deputies said they checked the home and talked to the mother, Rachel L. Perez, who claimed the boy was not at home.

After running her name through their database, deputies arrested Perez. The property manager said the boy suffered from a developmental disability.

Perez made her first appearance before a Johnson County judge on Thursday afternoon on charges of child abuse and child endangerment.

At 11 p.m. Wednesday, deputies went back to the home at the request of the grandmother and found the boy in the attic of the home. Deputies described the boy as very fragile and malnourished and said the boy was extremely thin. The boy's skeletal structure could easily be seen due to his level of malnourishment.

The boy was taken to Children's Mercy Hospital and is in police protective custody.

The property manager who let deputies into the house, described what he saw.

"I didn't know she had a son with Down syndrome," Robertson said. "They found him in the attic full of feces on his face, no more than 20 pounds. He was real starved to death."

Robertson said when he took deputies into the house, he gagged from the smell of feces, urine and mold. And he said Perez went to great lengths to hide her son's existence.

Perez is being held at the New Century Adult Detention center on an unrelated traffic warrant and on child abuse charges. She is currently being held on a $250,000 bond.

A neighbor said Perez is currently five months pregnant, along with two daughters ages 6 and 8 years old.

Perez rented the duplex five months ago, and neighbors said they had only seen her daughters playing
    'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

'Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret' - Dr. Laurence Peter

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/cbr600_kitty/c2c0b78af914c568.jpg

Forum Member

That's disgusting.

A friend of mine who is a doctor said if the technology existed he thinks every baby should have a reversible sterilization procedure right after being born. When the child grows up and is ready to have kids he or she must apply and be evaluated and if they pass, the sterilization is reversed. Doesn't sound like such a bad idea after reading stories like this.

~*MEOW*~
    No kidding........
    'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

'Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret' - Dr. Laurence Peter

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/cbr600_kitty/c2c0b78af914c568.jpg

Forum Member
    No, some people should have a license...these people should be shot!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by needguidance View Post
    No, some people should have a license...these people should be shot!
    But what if the bullet just lodges in the back of their head for years?

Overly Opinionated
    Quote Originally Posted by adeutch View Post
    That's disgusting.

A friend of mine who is a doctor said if the technology existed he thinks every baby should have a reversible sterilization procedure right after being born. When the child grows up and is ready to have kids he or she must apply and be evaluated and if they pass, the sterilization is reversed. Doesn't sound like such a bad idea after reading stories like this.
    I've been saying this for years... Certainly would be nice but then those monthly government checks would be as high because they wouldn't have 9 kids.
    I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
    - Mark Twain

Flaps 35 please
    That's disgusting.

Yea its not a bad idea unless something goes wrong and it cannot be reversed, the day that you need a license to breed or have forced sterilization is the day that I move out of this country.
    Life is what you make of it

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MD11pilot View Post
    Yea its not a bad idea unless something goes wrong and it cannot be reversed, the day that you need a license to breed or have forced sterilization is the day that I move out of this country.
    I agree. this is not a communist country. What they should do is cut welfare, then you'll see how fast these idiots stop breeding.
    "Good people sleep well in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to commit acts of violence on their behalf."

Forum Member
    But what if the bullet just lodges in the back of their head for years?

LOL. Well, how about you shove it in their mouths and make sure you get brains all over the walls to be sure.

Here to learn

Quote Originally Posted by dvtny2 View Post
    I agree. this is not a communist country. What they should do is cut welfare, then you'll see how fast these idiots stop breeding.
    Not sure if it was true, but a speech Obama gave had something about cutting welfare in it. If it is true, thats something i can respect him for. People on welfare have no reason to be on it. There is no excuse for not trying to succeed in life. Of course it will suck for the people who actually need it to try to regain where they used to be in society, but without welfare, overtime you will see less and less moochers of society.
    Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MD11pilot View Post
    In seriousness, I wouldn't support something like that at all (as much as I might like the results). Doesn't really go along with my pro choice opinions very well. Maybe I just need a stronger stance, like "pro-abortion." I don't just support a woman's right to choose, I encourage people like this to CHOOSE abortion.

Overly Opinionated
    In seriousness, I wouldn't support something like that at all (as much as I might like the results). Doesn't really go along with my pro choice opinions very well. Maybe I just need a stronger stance, like "pro-abortion." I don't just support a woman's right to choose, I encourage people like this to CHOOSE abortion.
    I encourage people like this to dive head first off very tall buildings. I'm unsure if I'd support something like sterilization at birth because I don't know how the standards to be a suitable parent would go. Who decides and what makes them suitable?

I agree that there needs to be a time limit on welfare just like there is on unemployment. It's meant to get you back on your feet and hold you over till you find something. Not meant for you to live off of like a lazy *** for the rest of your life. Giving more money for having more kids only encourages degenerates to breed. Funny how the most ignorant degenerate turds tend to have the most kids. It's scary to see the theme of the movie idiocracy playing out in real life.
    I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
    - Mark Twain

Forum Member
    Idiocracy is great. You ever notice that the dumber someone is the more likely they are to breed
    "Good people sleep well in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to commit acts of violence on their behalf."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dvtny2 View Post
    Idiocracy is great. You ever notice that the dumber someone is the more likely they are to breed
    Yep. There's an interesting example in my wife's family. Her relatives with the lowest level of education currently have the most offspring and they don't seem to be letting up. Last time I saw them they were working on their 5th kid and they say they want 7!! The mother does nothing and the husband is slowly finishing trade school. They live with the mother's mother who is old enough to retire yet still works full-time as an RN at a hospital. So it's like you can pin point the exact place where someone took a proverbial pizz in the gene pool.

G-14 Classified
    Oh, when I first saw the title, I thought this was going to be about dlo.
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

According to Bob Costas, Sandusky's penis raped those boys, not Sandusky.

Gopher Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by FromOhio View Post
    Not sure if it was true, but a speech Obama gave had something about cutting welfare in it. If it is true, thats something i can respect him for. People on welfare have no reason to be on it. There is no excuse for not trying to succeed in life. Of course it will suck for the people who actually need it to try to regain where they used to be in society, but without welfare, overtime you will see less and less moochers of society.
    There is a inherent contradiction in the bold statements.

Forum Member

A local gem...

http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/cops-ma...ed-595523.html

Cops: Marietta girls rescued from filthy, insect-ridden home

The five-year-old girl, weighing 158 pounds, couldn't walk 10 feet without wheezing. Police found her four-year-old sister in a urine-soaked diaper, sucking a bottle. She weighs more than twice the average for a girl her age.

Both kids lived in a house teeming with cockroaches and "giant spiders," according to warrants obtained from the Cobb County Magistrate. Cobb police arrested the girls' parents, James and Anne Cardona, on Monday, and moved their daughters into state care.

The Cardonas, charged with felony child cruelty and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a misdemeanor, were released on $5,000 bond each. They were ordered to have no contact with their daughters.

James Cardona's sister said the girls should have been taken away years ago. They lived in "filth ... there was stuff all over the floor, dirty dishes all around," said Frances Elizabeth Cantrell, who resides in Dallas.

The house, located in the 100 block of Dogwood Drive, "stunk of urine and mold," authorities said.

Cantrell last saw her brother five years ago, soon after his eldest daughter was born.

"I tried to tell them you need to clean up this place," Cantrell told the AJC. "They said they couldn’t help themselves."

According to details found in the arrest warrants, the girls were shown little care by their parents.

"[The five year old's] hair is matted together with bugs and tangles, with head lice large enough to see while standing above the child," read the responding officers' account. Her sister was found lying on a filthy mattress without bedding, police reported in the warrant, her feet black from dirt.

Anne Cardona, 35, was back at her ramshackle Dogwood Drive home Thursday, ordering a reporter off her property.

Longtime neighbor Faye Arrowood told the AJC that Anne Cardona grew up in the small bungalow just off Lower Roswell Road in an area zoned both commercial and residential. A dentist office and commercial pest control business are directly across the street.

Anne Cardona moved away after marrying but the couple moved back in to take care of her mother, who was confined to a wheelchair, Arrowood said.

Neighbors said they occasionally saw the girls playing in the Cardona's yard, which remains littered with fallen trees and discarded folding chairs. The Cardonas claimed the girls were home schooled.

"The older girl tried to talk to me one time," said Arrowood, who sometimes took food to the Cardonas,. "I could tell her communication skills were not so good. I thought to myself, 'she should be able to talk at this age.' "

Normer Adams, executive director of the Georgia Association of Homes and Services for Children, said it would be difficult for the Cardonas to regain custody of their daughters.

"In this kind of situation, it’s going to be very, very hard for the parents to get these children back, without a lot of work by the parents and the state," Adams said.

In a case like this, Adams said, the state typically works with the parents to learn better parenting skills, how to keep a clean home, and general hygiene and nutrition.

"Any parent in their right mind would see these children are suffering," he said.

Among their health problems: morbid obesity, according to pediatrician Stephanie Walsh, who works with such children at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egelston.

She said the 5-year-old girl is roughly 120 pounds overweight. The 4-year-old girl, who weighs 89 pounds -- more than 50 pounds above what's advised for her age. They're at major risk for health problems including diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol, Walsh said.

"Kids like to get out and move around and play," she said. "If [the five-year-old] isn’t, she is missing out on a big part of being a kid."

The conditions of the home also raise health concerns, she said, noting that mold can be linked to allergies and asthma.

Arrowood remembered haunting sounds emanating from the Cardona home.

"I could hear a lot of screaming," Arrowood told the AJC. "Children screaming."

http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/mother-...en-596308.html

Mother of girls taken from filthy home re-arrested, this time for lying

The mother of two girls rescued earlier this week from a filthy, insect-ridden home has been taken back into custody after a judge determined that she had lied in her bond hearing.

Anne Cardona claimed at Monday's hearing that she had to return to her Marietta bungalow to care for her mother. But the 35-year-old woman's mother had been removed from the Dogwood Drive residence, along with Cardona's two daughters, earlier that day after Cobb County Police issued arrest warrants on child cruelty charges. The judge was not aware at the time that authorities had taken Cardona's mother to a local hospital.

Cardona was re-arrested Thursday night and is being held without bail at the Cobb County jail. Her husband, James Cardona, has not posted bond and remains behind bars.

The couple's girls, ages 5 and 4, were discovered living in squalor and dangerously overweight. Their grandmother, meanwhile, was suffering from serious bed sores, said Tahnicia Phillips, warrant division supervisor for the Cobb County Sheriff's Department.

According to warrants obtained from the Cobb magistrate, the couple's 5-year-old daughter -- hair matted in tangles with lice "large enough to see while standing above the child" -- weighs 158 pounds, more than 100 pounds above normal for her age. According to police on the scene she couldn't walk 10 feet without wheezing. Her 4-year-old sister was discovered in a urine-soaked diaper, sucking a bottle. She weighs more than twice the average for a girl her age. The girls have been moved into state care, along with Anne Cardona's mother, who remains hospitalized.

Both kids lived in a house teeming with cockroaches and "giant spiders," according to the warrants. The girls have been taken into state care while their grandmother is currently being treated at Kennestone Hospital.

The Cardonas are charged with felony child cruelty and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a misdemeanor. They've been ordered to have no contact with their daughters.

Staff from the Cobb County Center for Environmental Health visited the home and issued a "notice of violation" giving the Cordonas 30 days to remove trash from the property.

"While we can issue notices for issues that impact environmental conditions, we don’t have jurisdiction over people’s living conditions inside their homes," said spokeswoman Darlene M. Foote.