Forum Member

Starbucks barista (had interview, should I call them?)

I really need the job while I'm going to school (and I'm now out of money and need a job, period). I'm a prior barista with Starbucks for almost a year and a half, and then did 4 years in the Marines (left Starbucks on good terms, because I had enlisted). I had an interview yesterday and the manager said she sees me being her #1 pick because of my experience (she plans to hire 2, and was going to interview about 6, including me) and overall it seemed to go fine. She had to get to her other interviews, but she said she was gonna call me later that evening possibly, or today (it's a little after 3pm now, so I'm not too hopeful anymore)... If she doesn't call, should I try to call her tomorrow?
    Last edited by concon02; 07-31-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Macho Man

Oh dear, a Marine working at starbucks.

Forum Member

Don't worry, I'm not a Marines' Marine type.

Just got the call. The district manager put a hiring freeze on her store for another month or so. She referred my name to another store that should be hiring in a couple of weeks... but that doesn't guarantee me anything.

FML

B³ ♡'s Baseball
    Are there any other jobs out there that you have any interest in. Or another coffee shop? What about Peets?
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
    Not Yet Visited: 16
    Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Flaps 35 please
    What was your MOS in the Marines, perhaps you can look up a similar civilian job?
    Life is what you make of it

Patrullero
    The BOP is hiring. Honestly, we need people. Don't settle for serving coffee. We need good people. It might not be your dream job but it will get your foot in the door.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Forum Member
    It wouldn't have been a good idea anyway. I have had the opportunity in my career to share coffee with all branches of service. Air Force coffee is very good. Coast Guard coffee is pretty good. Navy coffee isn't bad. Army coffee is bad. But if you want a truly nasty pot of coffee, you really need a Marine!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheKansan View Post
    The BOP is hiring. Honestly, we need people. Don't settle for serving coffee. We need good people. It might not be your dream job but it will get your foot in the door.
    BOP???

To answer another's question, I worked in Supply in the service. God, I hated it. -- I loved working at Starbucks before. It's a good enough job, with benefits for P/T employees and I can transfer (considering moving across the country next year). I want to hold out to see if an offer at the other store works out, but dammit, I need money bad.

It's Complicated
    Quote Originally Posted by concon02 View Post
    BOP???

Bureau of Prisons...........
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - no matter how good you are, the pigeon will still crap all over the board and strut around like it won anyway."

I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc

I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

big holes
    Quote Originally Posted by concon02 View Post
    Don't worry, I'm not a Marines' Marine type.

FML
    ok..since i was Army, im going to refrain from comment here..lol
    In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Forum Member

I'm not worried about a career type job right now. I need a job I can pay the bills with, while I'm in school. I figure going back to something I'm familiar with and actually enjoyed isn't such a bad idea.

Forum Member
    What’s wrong with working there? It is an honest job, and more importantly it will pay the bills credit is a big thing that many departments look at, keeping it as clean as you can it very important. Wish my brother-in- law took the same attitude about working, stinking SOB has been out of work for going on 3 years now, and has yet to even attempt to get his fat lazy arse off the couch.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Forum Member

Right now, I have good credit and I don't want it to drop at all because I know how important it is.

Susan99, I have applied to go to school. I'm about to register for classes this week.