X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carbonfiberfoot
    IT nerd
    • Feb 2009

Alan Grayson introduces: The War Is Making You Poor Act

Next year's budget allocates $159,000,000,000 to "contingency operations," to perpetuate the occupations of Afghanistan and Iraq. That’s enough money to eliminate federal income taxes for the first $35,000 of every American's income each year, and beyond that, leave over $15 billion that would cut the deficit.

This bill would eliminate the separate funding for the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan, and eliminate federal income taxes for everyone's first $35,000 of income (or $70,000 for couples) each year.

Rep. Grayson introduces a bill to cut separate funding for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and uses the money to eliminate federal income taxes on every Am...
  • JTShooter
    Sheepdog
    • Jun 2006

So he wants to take money from the troops and give it back to us?

How about we take the money from the fat ***, lazy, baby making hood rats that live on welfare?

Or how about we take the money from the failed "health care reform"?

Or how about we reduce the size of the failing "Homeland Security" agency?

This guy is a ****ing moron and is merely jumping on the "end the war now" bandwagon. Within the first three months after we pull out of Afghanistan or Iraq we'll be seeing attacks here. That NYC "car bomb" is merely the tipping point.
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

• mac266
      F This Place
      • Nov 2004

deleted

10 characters
      Last edited by mac266; 07-07-2010, 05:52 PM.
      MAC

Comment

• Carbonfiberfoot
        IT nerd
        • Feb 2009

^^ What are you talking about? I do not post things which merit banning. In this instance, I posted a news story for people to discuss. I copied text from Grayson's website. If I had posted this with a heading of 'look what the stupid liberals want to do now', you'd love it. I posted it in an informational format, intentionally avoiding either stance...
        and somehow that bothers you.

Comment

• Carbonfiberfoot
          IT nerd
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mac266
          Carbonfiberfoot, I've argued for banning you from this forum several times, obviously to no avail.
          This is the adult equivalent of 'I don't want you to play with my toys because I don't like you.'

Comment

• LINY
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2009

Really all I could think about.

Comment

• mac266
              F This Place
              • Nov 2004

CFF, your sole purpose in visiting this site is to inflame people; essentially, you're a troll. You always hide behind the "I'm-only-trying-to-create-discussion" excuse, but you just love to start it and then sit back and watch as people bicker.
              MAC

Comment

• Carbonfiberfoot
                IT nerd
                • Feb 2009

I can only ask that others judge me based upon my actual previous posts, not your accusation.

Comment

• Carbonfiberfoot
                  IT nerd
                  • Feb 2009

Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, and 16 other congressman have now cosponsored this bill.

"We put the cost of both guns and butter on our Chinese credit card. In fact, we don't even put these wars on budget; they are still passed using 'emergency supplemental'. A nine-year 'emergency'. Let's show Congress the cost of these wars is too much for us."

-Grayson

A great article by Oklahoma Senator Tom Coburn about the need for spending accountability and how these conflicts are now compromising our own homeland defensibility.

Sen. Tom Coburn(click to view full) Guest article by Sen. Tom Coburn, R-OK This memorandum describes what I believe are serious problems in our defense budget and some ideas to address them. I appreciate that some of these thoughts are controversial - even to the point that I have some…

Comment

• BCSD Frank
                    Resident Misanthrope
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by mac266
                    Let's make sure the Americans who have given the Ultimate Sacrifice over there didn't do it for nothing. We have won in Iraq, we will win in Afghanistan. Get it done, then go home.

For the record, I didn't agree with invading Iraq, but I believe the consequences of pulling out with the job unfinished would be more than tragic for the Iraqis, and ultimately for us. Finish it.
                    We and our allies won the war in Iraq. Winning the peace has proven more time consuming and cost-intensive than we would have preferred, but we absolutely must persevere. Invading Iraq was already done in Desert Storm. There was only a conditional ceasefire in place, that Saddam repeatedly violated, so there was a resumption of active combat.

Afghanistan is a real mess, and I wish I were as confident of the outcome, but I'm liking the increased use of Special Ops and unmanned drones.
                    Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

• anachranerd
                      Forum Member
                      • Apr 2010

I dont think anyone downplays how well our troops have done anywhere. Everytime you guys have gone toe to toe with them, youve won handily. the problem is it seems everytime our troops clean up an area and leave, the BG's are back again.
                      Yeah. That would go poorly. Like, on the Scale of Fail, somewhere between "Titanic" and "Chernobyl."
                      --Squirrel

Comment

• ArmyDiver
                        Overly Opinionated
                        • Aug 2009

The lack of a legitimate military force or organization that could quit or surrender makes both wars "unwinnable". That is not to say that vastly improving these nations have not taken place. We certainly haven't won anything, that much is certain. Unless you count the mounting debt and numbers of bodies. I fail to see how "helping" Afghanistan will do anything for America. I've been there, I've seen what we're doing and I've been an integral part of it. Yup, fu*k'm is all I can say. Seriously. The people of Afghanistan, can suck a giant, salty, unwashed, fat one. Their culture makes anything that we attempt to do futile. They will not change, it won't happen. Any government we install will become corrupted and revert back to a religion based pile of shyt within a decade. I certainly hope I'm wrong but I'm severely confident that I'm correct.

As far as this bill is concerned, he can suck a fat one too. Sure, I agree that we've already done too much and should leave the countries to destroy themselves. The money would be much better spent on our own soil and helping the people of THIS country to have better lives. I fail to see how spending billions of dollars that we don't have, on a country that doesn't deserve it, is a good idea when we could and should be spending that money on our own country.

I agree with JTShooter and feel that the money could come from many other places than the military budget. I think the military budget should remain the same but be spent on the border and throughout the country increasing LE spending for more officers, better equipment and to really crack down on the rising puddle of human excrement that is taking over the country. Limit welfare to a certain amount of time. It was meant to help you get back on your feet, not to keep you watching Jerry and selling crack. The Homeland Security budget.. ha. Only thing I've seen from that is out of shape, ******* TSA agents and silly *** rules along with more ineffective gadgets that make flying a pain in the ***. The budget is obviously not funding intelligent people seeing how they put 6 year olds on terrorist no fly lists.

So, yea... Pull the major forces out of Afghanistan. Stick to small and effective hunter killer cells that hit key targets and train the country's own forces. Send Iraq a bill for everything we leave them (bases, equipment, etc) and do the same for Afghanistan. No thank you card needed, just don't make us come back and fight you again. Keep the budget and spend it on our own country. Slash money from other fat and unnecessary areas and start forcing the turds to do something with themselves. I like it. Sounds like a pretty good plan. Sadly, it'll never happen.
                        I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
                        - Mark Twain

Comment

• M-11
                          One man Wolfpack
                          • May 2006

The vast majority of Americans could not care less if we win either war.

They are not interested in America's security as a whole.

They have no interest in the state of world affairs.

They want to be given things, like Money, Tax breaks, Green incentives, Free healthcare, free education, welfare, food stamps, cash for clunkers, mortgage bailouts, and free shamwows for the purchase of one.

As a whole, Americans are fat, selfish, obnoxious morons who truly believe they deserve the best things in life because they happened to be born here.

They are the target audience for this drivel, and this kind of message speaks to them.

When they are not watching "Twilight" or the "Batchelorette".

I would rather fight for another five years in Afghanistan in the hopes that we will improve the lives of the kids there, than pull out to give a couple more free surprises to the american public, who I feel less kinship with than the Iraqi Cops I know.

M-11
                          “All men dream...... But not equally..
                          Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                          but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                          for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

• ArmyDiver
                            Overly Opinionated
                            • Aug 2009

While I feel the same way you do about a large majority of the American public, they're still Americans. And while they don't appreciate much and always want more, I still want my country to improve much more than others. I met my fair share of Iraqi and Afghan guys who were truly great people but, just like the US, the majority of them were ungrateful turds who were looking for a handout and to be walked by the hand to the land of milk and honey where they wouldn't have to do a damn thing and the world would cater to their every desire.

Humanity as a whole bums me out pretty good. I just don't like spending money in a country I don't live in. It truly is sad how egocentric the general populace of this country is and how little they really venture to think about the world around them.
                            I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
                            - Mark Twain

Comment

• BCSD Frank
                              Resident Misanthrope
                              • Dec 2009

Yeah... I have to say, after six years of serving overseas, and going places like Iraq, Saudi, and the Korean DMZ, I returned to the United States and thought, WTF??? I've spent six years of my life defending THIS??? *shaking my head*

I still feel like a square peg in a round hole... I just don't fit with society. My value system is different, my sense of morals and ethics is different, and I forever feel like a person born out of time and out of place. *sigh*
                              Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12082 users online. 74 members and 12008 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...