Price for a New Glock 19...???

Hey guys,
    I went to a local gun shop and he had a Glock 19 for $525 w/ 2 mags.
    I showed him my ID and he said he'll give me a LE discount.
    $475 w/ 3 mags. That's w/out night sites BTW...

I looked around online and it seems like a decent price. What do you think, is that a good price? Should I keep shopping around or just pick it up?

Thanks

That is a good price.

For comparison the Glock law enforcement dealer in my city sells the Glock 9mm/.40/.357 models without night sights for $420 + tax. They add $65 for factory night sights. I also think these guns come with 3 magazines. These guns are shipped to the store as LE purchase only, and they cannot sell guns that are not shipped for LE purchase for this price. Glock only requires copy of Department ID card for this program.
    "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Forum Member
    Find the LE Distributor in your area. Individual officer price including Night Sights is $450.20, W/3 MAGS...... 9 OR .40

Thanks guys. I just did a search for "Glock LE Distributor"
    Another thread came up saying to call Glock and they can give you a list of LE Distributors in your area.
    I'll let you know how I make out...

I called Glock and they gave me the number of the closest dealer which is about and hour away.
    I called the place and asked about LE discounts. He said yes they give discounts and had one Glock 19 in stock, but they don't discuss prices over the phone.
    I told him I was an hour away. He again said, "we dont discuss prices over the phone", and then hung up.

Great businessman.... I guess I won't be getting it from a "Glock LE Distributor"

I lucked out. Someone just sent me a referal to someone else in my area.
    I spoke to the guy and it's $430 plus tax. So it comes to $467.

Now that sounds like a good deal. Thanks for the help guys

LE price here is $398.00.

The factory being 40 minutes away might have something to do with that, though.

LOL, I guess living up the block from Glock has its benfits...

Forum Member
    Running a business is for profit. If you ran a gun business and did things like this without a fee, you would find your day spent giving out your price all day long to people who only are trying to get a lower price at another store by showing your price, trying to sell or buy a gun to/from a buddy and need to price it and have no intention to buy anything, and with people calling up all day long pretending to be another dealer or a member of a qualifying group finding out what the discount would be when they do not qualify, but then want the same discount. These people who talk but never buy anything are referred to as TWMs Time Wasting Morons. The way to solve this problem with this deal is to go buy your Glock from him, then next time you call he will know you are a customer not a TWM. So actually this is the way to run a business.

Also companies protect their dealer's by requiring MAP Minimum Advertised Pricing, this keeps one dealer from advertising a low low price on their product and selling product out of some discount facility below what a retail store dealer can afford to cover his overhead. When a dealer is allowed to advertise super low closeout price on an item, then all the other dealers stop ordering guns because they can not meet that price. Bottom line is MAP and common sense says not to give out prices or appraisals over the phone.
    Last edited by David Hineline; 07-30-2010 at 05:17 PM.

David, good points and it makes sense.
    But there's a difference between competitive pricing and try to make money, and doing bad business.
    You ever hear the customer is always right? My complaint is he was rude and callous.
    He didn't have the time and didn't want to deal with it. Well I'll tell you what. If I found out that he was selling them for $400 I still wouldn't go to him b/c I don't want to deal w/ someone like that...

Quote Originally Posted by 11b101abn View Post

The LE price here in Michigan @ the LE stores I know of are the same as yours. Also when you consider the value of the 3 mags ($63) that comes with your new Glock, IMHO it makes them one of the best deals in the semi-auto pistol market.
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." - Teddy Roosevelt

Disclaimer: The opinions I express here are mine and mine alone. They are not intended to reflect the positions/opinions of any other known person(s) or organization(s).

Forum Member
    I understand what you are saying, and gun dealers often come off like they don't care, except the ones who are really nice, they have a big interest in telling you what you want to hear because their main concern is getting into your wallet.

Gun dealers some times myself included are experts in what they do, guns, people skills can be lacking. The guy at WalMart will sell you a gun, but he is stupid, the ******* at the smallish gun shop might not be nice to you but he will sell you the gun you need, not the gun you want.

I tell myself all the time, shutup and take their money, let them buy the $5 holsters rather than making them feel back because they do not want to buy Galco. Let them buy NC Star because Trijicon Acog is more than the cost of a new set of tires for their house.

Goto the dealer selling Jimenez and NC Star, he will be as friendly as pie as he puts his hand in your wallet, then goto the man selling Schmidt and Bender or US Optics, he won't give you the time of day if all you want to do is chat him up.

So who is the better business man? The guy who sells the crap to people who want it. What is the other guy, well he's just not for everybody.

If they are a true Glock LE dealer the price for a G19 w/o ns should be $398.20. Then the price goes up depending on what type of ns's you select. All true Glock LE pistols come with three magazines with that price.
    "Life's goal should not be to show up at your final resting spot in a well rested, well preserved body ready to pass on.... But rather sliding in side ways late for your own passing, tired, beaten down and yelling holy $hit what a ride!!!!!"

I have a question if anyone knows... If an official Glock LE dealer can afford to sell it for $398 and still make a profit, then how cheap are they getting them for?

David, I have a question for you.
    The first place I went to that quoted it at $475 was a great place. Small little shop about 5 minutes from my house. Two guys were working, and they were very friendly and helpful. (that's what I would expect by the way...)
    So, now I got someone who'll sell me the same gun for $430. I was planning on going back to the first place and seeing what they can do about the price knowing that I can get it someplace else cheaper.
    My plan isn't to "strong arm" them. Let's be honest, I want to get the cheapest gun I can. My intentions are I'd rather give them the opportunity to make a sale. Like I said, it's a small local shop w/ nice guys, and I'd like to keep doing business there if we can make a deal...
    How do you feel about that?

They know you can get it some place else cheaper also.

Manufacturer dependant, prices may be set for a LE Dealer. In other words they may be required to have a factory fixed price. Depending on manufacturer dealers can get some heat from the Manufacturer for not offering the fixed price. Other manufacturers may have a "suggested" LEO rate.

As has been mentioned in this thread the prices on standard sights and non standard sights have been posted. For certain models prices will be higher. A true Glock LE dealer honoring the Glock LE price schedule on the "blue label" Glocks will get you a standard model Glock with standard sights out the door in the very low 4's depending on tax with 3 mags.

This does not stop a non LE Glock dealer from offering discounts to LEO's on NON "blue label" glocks. There is only so much that a dealer will bargin. I will say that LEO pricing on "blue label" Glocks does not make very much for the dealers time. The dealer may be relying more on the sale of accessories / ammo etc, or even the relationship with the Officer as a source for word of mouth referrals.
    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Forum Member
    I'd be willing to pay a little more to the guys at the smaller shop that are nice than get a discount from a ******bag. If he hung up on me while I was asking a question, i'd never buy a gun from him again. I'd also tell all my friends how I was treated and discourage them from buying from him too.

Quote Originally Posted by sawtac View Post
    I'd be willing to pay a little more to the guys at the smaller shop that are nice than get a discount from a ******bag. If he hung up on me while I was asking a question, i'd never buy a gun from him again. I'd also tell all my friends how I was treated and discourage them from buying from him too.
    Agreed 100%. Basically I have dealings w/ 3 guys/shops right now.
    1. The small local shop with nice guys and a higher price - $475
    2. The one guy I spoke to (on the phone by the way) who said he'd sell it for $430
    3. The guy who hung up on me. Who I will not buy from and be sure to tell me friends not to buy from him either.

I know this will probably get back into Davids explanation from before, but part of running a good business is know how to interact will your customers. Just out of principle, I'd rather pay more for the gun than buy it from the guy who "hung up" on me...

$398.20 for a Glock 19 and 3 magazines from a Store called Proforce which is only for Law Enforcement in my area...
    CHICKS DIG IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sawtac View Post
    I agree completely and if they come down on price great, however they may not be getting the same dealer price as the LE dealer price, so they may not have as much room to bargain to still make money.

It is nice to walk in and walk out, but you can always go directly through Glock. I have done this in the past on letterhead and had it shipped directly to my PD and cut out any FFL or local taxes. It is always an option.
    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by 7th District View Post
    The LE price here in Michigan @ the LE stores I know of are the same as yours. Also when you consider the value of the 3 mags ($63) that comes with your new Glock, IMHO it makes them one of the best deals in the semi-auto pistol market.
    I agree. I wasnt sure what they were going for elsewhere. Good to hear that others are getting a good deal a well.

They do walk - in work here at the factory. Really nice.

Firefighter/Cop (crazy) FiremanMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 11b101abn View Post

Same price here, but adding factory night sights brings it to $480 <shrug>
    Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
    Same price here, but adding factory night sights brings it to $480 <shrug>
    Don't waste your money on those old fashioned sights that sit on top of the slide.
    Start watching more gangsta movies. There's a new way to shoot you know.

LOL...
    Nice, do you know if they can be mounted for a left handed grip also?
    I might want to double fist it....