Forum Member

Community Service Officer PAT Test?

I applied for the Community Service Officer position at JSO and I have my Phyiscal abilites test in a week or so and I was wondering what it might consist of, and how I should prepare. And I also have a writing skills test and I was wondering if that is hard or not.

Forum Member
    If you only have a week to go, you can't prepare. You have to start running months in advance.

As for the written....guess you'll find out soon enough. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Forum Member

Most larger Departments, JSO being one of them, usually publish what's required on the PAT. I agree with Dave though, if you're not in shape, and have only a week before the test, you don't have time to get in shape.

Forum Member

Im figuring since its just a small juob with no real physical requirments I dont think it will be to demanding. I am in shape but it doesnt hurt to run a little more. And only the police officers PAT's are listed on the website.

perspicacious pedagogue
    Quote Originally Posted by Balmaguer View Post
    Im figuring since its just a small juob with no real physical requirments I dont think it will be to demanding. I am in shape but it doesnt hurt to run a little more. And only the police officers PAT's are listed on the website.
    Sounds like you have everything under control...
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

It's Complicated
    Quote Originally Posted by Balmaguer View Post
    I'll wager you are figuring wrong.

If they have a PAT for a Community Services Officer, I wager it will be similar to what the LEOs on the department are required to do. If you look at the qualifications for Police Officer and CSO, the hiring process is the same -----starting with Physical Ability Test

If you really have a question specific to one department, why not drop a dime and call the HR department for that agency. They will tell you the requirements.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - no matter how good you are, the pigeon will still crap all over the board and strut around like it won anyway."

I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc

I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    I'll wager you are figuring wrong.

If they have a PAT for a Community Services Officer, I wager it will be similar to what the LEOs on the department are required to do. If you look at the qualifications for Police Officer and CSO, the hiring process is the same -----starting with Physical Ability Test

If you really have a question specific to one department, why not drop a dime and call the HR department for that agency. They will tell you the requirements.
    I agree. Iowa beat me to it. The PAT is probably the same for CSO's and sworn Officers. If you're in shape, shouldn't be a problem. Good luck.

Forum Member

I called my recruiting officer and I found out that all that is involved is lifting a 50 pound weight and placing it on a 4 foot high table. I laughed. Thats nothing the job is not physical just handling non criminal stuff like traffic accidents.

Don't Feed the Trolls
    Are they going to make you wear one of those god-awful flourescent lime green uniform shirts while you run your PAT?

Seriously, I am all about safety, and I also understand there is reasoning behind making sure that the public can tell the difference between a cop and a CSO at quick glance, but seriously, those shirts are horrid.

That said, it's a decent gig. I've had a couple friends that worked for JSO as CSOs and most of them enjoyed it. Good foot in the door, too.
    Sheriff: We just take turns being the sheriff. It's real easy. You just hang out here, eat some pie, and get drunk.
    Peter Griffin: Wait. Hold on a second. "Pie," "drunk," "the?" You got yourself a sheriff!

Forum Member

Well I guess you have nothing to worry about then....