Forum Member

Nort Carolina probation and parole

I put in a application for NC probation and parole for any county. Does anyone now how long the hiring process is ? How long to find out what county you will be assigned to, so I can work on moving out the NC from NY.

Thanks in advance, and yes another Yankee is heading out to NC

Forum Member

North Carolina probation and parole
    I put in a application for NC probation and parole for any county. Does anyone now how long the hiring process is ? How long to find out what county you will be assigned to, so I can work on moving out the NC from NY.

Thanks in advance, and yes another Yankee is heading out to NC

30 Weeks People!
    6 to 9 months depending on the 2010 budget passing first. You're supposed to apply in the county that has a job opening. This is from a friend who has worked with probation and parole 17 years.
    "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Forum Member

Wow that long I was hoping for more like 3 months. I want to make to move out there from NY, but can't do anything until I get employment

Forum Member

I was thinking of moving near Raleigh, NC or Charlotte, NC , which county hires PPO officers more actively or even Corrections officers ?

Forum Member

http://www.doc.state.nc.us/recruit/continuous/PPO.html

here is some general info on what he DCC's goals are...

Forum Member

Thank You PFacebarnes I think I'm going to make the move to Charlotte , NC, an dtry to get employment in that area

Forum Member

You'll need to put in an application for each individual county listed on the state's employment website. Keep an eye out for ones that list the job as a trainee position, especially if you don't have prior experience, as that'll be your best chance of getting hired on. The hiring process has picks up quickly once you get a call for an interview. Good luck!

Forum Member

I also put in a application for NCDOC. I received something in the mail for me to go to Raleigh, NC to take a test. My question is the process a 1 day thing being that I have to travel from NY ? or I have to travel multiple times ?

Forum Member

I also put in a application for NCDOC. I received something in the mail for me to go to Raleigh, NC to take a test. My question is the process a 1 day thing being that I have to travel from NY ? or I have to travel multiple times ?

Forum Member

You'll likely have to take a couple of trips, but I'm sure they'll work with you the best they can...just explain your situation and see what they can do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sugabx1 View Post

Forum Member

I dont mind going back a couple of times I'm more worried about how long wil the process take after I finish processing all my paper work. I would like to land a job before school starts, so the kids would start in there new schools on time
    Last edited by sugabx1; 07-02-2010 at 06:44 AM.