Civilian Sheepdog

Messing with the neighbor

Neighbor emails: So, appears I have a LOT of LUCK, just not GOOD luck!!!

Last Friday late afternoon both my A/C and my fridge went out!!! Got the a/c back on Sat. morning - was just a capacitor, so not too many $s. Old repair guy I've used for years came out Sat. and checked the fridge. Said it wasn't low on freon, thought it was a problem with the valves inside the compressor not opening and closing properly. It was holding freezer around 20-30 degrees, and fridge at about 40-50 He couldn't do anything about repairing the compressor. So new fridge being delivered today around noon.

Don't stand near me in a thunder/lightening storm!!

Me emails: Sounds like your electricity was too hot if it overloaded both your A/C & fridge. Could be the heat suppressor line failed. Have you called the electric company?

Neighbor emails: No, but I will. Thanks for the info.

I called neighbor later and asked her if she called the electric company. She said she had and the person she spoke with had never heard of a heat suppressor line. Then she was put on hold while the electric company person called to ask about any heat suppressor lines failing. No one knew of any problems like that occurring and there hadn't been any other problems reported in our area.

Then I told neighbor that I was just messing with her. She says, "YOU'RE AN AZZHOLE!"

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Forum Member
    Oh, but that's funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperST
    "The fail is strong with this one."

Resident Misanthrope
    HAHA.... Nice...
    Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Forum Member
    I worked PT with an AC repair guy when I was a roadie. He once had a helper convinced that in winter, cold weather caused electrons to freeze, which sometimes caused electrical problems.
    /// he also liked to prank the help by shocking them on purpose- one reason I didn't last long in the AC biz (that and I hate crawling under houses... one word: SPIDERS).
    SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
    Here is mine-
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/tblproducts/...1&_from=&_ipg=

Cynical curmudgeon
    I had a middle school teacher that must have been in college in the mid-late 60's. He told a story of a guy they knew who bought a VW bug and was boasting about the mileage. Just to screw with the guy, they went to his car every night and filled the gas tank. A week later he was so excited to be getting almost 100 miles/gallon. So the next week they took some gas out each night. The guy came up complaining that the mpg had dropped to the low teens. He was told to take it back to the dealership and insist they replace the pfister valve. Apparently the guy made a big scene at the dealership before believing every mechanic that there was no such part on his car.
    "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!

Resident Misanthrope
    HAHAHAHA... That's great!

Forum Member

Can I get a left handed screwdriver?

How about a black and white camera. I am tired of shooting family pix in color

I also am in need of lightbulb grease.

Resident Misanthrope
    As a sergeant, I used to send the FNG's all the way across the flightline to the hangar to get a can of prop wash. The supply sergeant would rip them a new one. They'd come running back and I'd rip them a new one and send them back for a roll of flightline. The supply sergeant would rip them a new one, and then they'd come trotting back and I'd rip them a new one, and then send them back for nut-washers... and on and on...

We called it "FNG Ping-Pong."

Littering and?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCSD Frank View Post
    As a sergeant, I used to send the FNG's all the way across the flightline to the hangar to get a can of prop wash. The supply sergeant would rip them a new one. They'd come running back and I'd rip them a new one and send them back for a roll of flightline. The supply sergeant would rip them a new one, and then they'd come trotting back and I'd rip them a new one, and then send them back for nut-washers... and on and on...

We called it "FNG Ping-Pong."
    A box of Grid squares from supply or 1st SGT
    Spark plugs for PMCS of the hum-v's from motor pool(they are all diesel)
    Put winter air in to the tires of the vehicles.

Ah those days were fun.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by jcioccke View Post
    After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Resident Misanthrope
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-7Alpha View Post
    A box of Grid squares from supply or 1st SGT
    Spark plugs for PMCS of the hum-v's from motor pool(they are all diesel)
    Put winter air in to the tires of the vehicles.

Ah those days were fun.
    Hahahaha.... Forgot about the box of grid squares.

Littering and?
    Hahahaha.... Forgot about the box of grid squares.
    Back in the BDU/DCU days we were getting ready to roll out for some field exercise. Walked up behind a "joe" I assumed who was filling their canteens from a water fountain. I being squared away already had mine full, as did my section. I just wanted a sip from the fountain hell why drink from a canteen when you can have it cold. This soldier was taking FOREVER to fill 1 canteen, so I cracked off. "Jesus, did they issue you the 2 quart canteens or what?".

My company commander looked back at me from filling her canteens with the wildest look in her eyes and I added. "M'am" and smiled. I had no idea it was the commander.

Self inflicted, but was worth it.

Resident Misanthrope
    Ruh-roh! HAHA... That's hilarious! I used to answer the phones sometimes, in the Admin office of Flight Operations. Every once in a while, before I could announce the unit and my name, rank, and greeting of the day, some Colonel or Sergeant Major, or some other adam-henry would be raving at the other end of the line. They don't know who I am, because they didn't have the basic damn manners to STFU and actually listen first, before going on a yelling, screaming tirade of profanity about one of the aircraft, the weather scrubbing all the missions, or some other such nonsense.

I'd usually take such golden opportunities to royally phuck with them.... (And then hang up and leave the building. At a range-walk!)

Littering and?
    Ruh-roh! HAHA... That's hilarious! I used to answer the phones sometimes, in the Admin office of Flight Operations. Every once in a while, before I could announce the unit and my name, rank, and greeting of the day, some Colonel or Sergeant Major, or some other adam-henry would be raving at the other end of the line. They don't know who I am, because they didn't have the basic damn manners to STFU and actually listen first, before going on a yelling, screaming tirade of profanity about one of the aircraft, the weather scrubbing all the missions, or some other such nonsense.

I'd usually take such golden opportunities to royally phuck with them.... (And then hang up and leave the building. At a range-walk!)
    Lol same. SGM calls up screaming in to phone at me that someone took his parking spot at his BAT command.... I was not even in that Battalion, he had the wrong number. I told him they probably took his spot on accident because they could not see his name on the spot because it was written to be height appropriate for him. This SGM I knew was only 5'3".

He then realized that he called the wrong number and threatened to track me down and UCMJ me for disrespect of a NCO. I hung up the phone, PLT Sgt looks at me and asked who that was? He heard me saying "Yes Sgt. Major" so I had his full attention. I told "wrong number" a left quickly.

Resident Misanthrope
    LMAO!!

I was hauling azz back to the barracks after eating morning chow, when out of the darkness appears a Drill Sergeant. I didn't have time to stop, and ran smack into him, knocking him down, sending his campaign hat flying... He was beyond pizzed! He was screaming and yelling and looked at my nametag, partially obscured by the straps of my LBE. All he saw was the "W" of my last name, and he yelled, "Your name is WILLIAMS, Private?!!!" (YES!!! SWEET SALVATION!) I said, "Yes, Sergeant!" He screamed, "Oh, you're SECOND PLATOON, aren't you?!" (I was in 3rd platoon) Again, I answered, "Yes, Sergeant!" He yelled, "I'll deal with you later!! Get outta' here!" I said, "Yes, Sergeant!!" and drove on.

As I continued running, I started laughing... I laughed so damn hard, I almost fell down... Whoever Williams in 2nd platoon was, I feel sorry for that poor sucker...

Littering and?
    Good god.... Do not get me going on AIT.

We used to with the drill sgt on CQ mind you, bust in to 8 man rooms screaming "DOWN EVERYONE DOWN!" while holding rubber duckies or (drill training M16s), but only on the weekends. Everyone thought it was fun except the ones spread eagle on the floor.

Also some how we had a bathroom with a door attached to the XO's cubicle who sat with the DS's. So one morning I belted out the entire Chuck Berry's Ding-A-Ling while shaving. Other soldiers were in there and were laughing their *** off. Halfway through XO with 3 DS standing behind him slam the door open. "WTF! Solider!" XO's face red as hell and the DS's had this huge grin on their face. I replied while wearing just a towel, "Nothing sir, just singing about my ding-a-ling. You want to hear the rest?"

Graduation, they call out "and the distinguished honor graduate is (insert my name)". After I get my certificate surrounded by DS's congratulating me one walked up to me and asked "How did you get distinguished? I thought you got UCMJ'd." I replied calmly "No, DS not yet. Unless you know something I don't."

22 weeks for an MOS is a pain.
    Last edited by 10-7Alpha; 06-30-2010 at 10:18 PM.

Resident Misanthrope
    Bwahahahahahaha.... That is hilarious!

I succeeded in keeping a fairly low profile throughout AIT. It was just damn hot... Fort Sam Houston, TX, from early April through mid-June. It was downright tropical, and that was after going through boot at Fort Leonard Wood, Misery, through January, February, and March, where it was so cold, it was painful. It's amazing I didn't end up with a raging case of pneumonia.

Littering and?
    Bwahahahahahaha.... That is hilarious!

I succeeded in keeping a fairly low profile throughout AIT. It was just damn hot... Fort Sam Houston, TX, from early April through mid-June. It was downright tropical, and that was after going through boot at Fort Leonard Wood, Misery, through January, February, and March, where it was so cold, it was painful. It's amazing I didn't end up with a raging case of pneumonia.
    Tell me about it, I grew up in Houston and came back to live there after doing a bit of a walkabout in the south.

Btw, are you color blind? 91W was one of two MOS's that color blind could be, at benning we had an entire platoon in our cycle that was 91W and half of them were color blind.

Resident Misanthrope
    No kidding! I didn't know that... (What is 91W, again?) I was 91A, initially -- Combat Medic, and then went to the bravo course, and was 91B -- NCO Medic.

I do have some very mild color blindness. Navy blue/black/violet, beige/gray/pink/orange, etc. Colors that fall close to each other in the spectrum tend to sort of.... run together.

Littering and?
    No kidding! I didn't know that... (What is 91W, again?) I was 91A, initially -- Combat Medic, and then went to the bravo course, and was 91B -- NCO Medic.

I do have some very mild color blindness. Navy blue/black/violet, beige/gray/pink/orange, etc. Colors that fall close to each other in the spectrum tend to sort of.... run together.
    The Whiskey part might be off a little. But they were medics. Hell they changed all the identifiers a few years ago, so. I was a 31 series, but now a 25 series.

Resident Misanthrope
    I don't know why they changed all the identifiers. I think a 91W, when I was in, might have been an X-ray tech, medical maintenance, or a lab tech, or something. The psych guys were 91G, and 91C's were nurses.

The SF snake-eaters were all 18 series. SF medic is/was 18D.

Thank God I was out before that change, and before they adopted the beret for every leg, remf, and every other swingin' Dick & Sally in my Army. Worst. Idea. EVER.
    Last edited by BCSD Frank; 07-01-2010 at 08:34 AM.

Professor of Stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by zeplin View Post
    Neighbor emails: So, appears I have a LOT of LUCK, just not GOOD luck!!!

was just a capacitor

Yea, little grunts can be a few buck for what type they are and purpose..The container, wax paper and generally a conductor such as Aluminum..Whammo...A cap..Your's had one purpose, shift the phase between the voltage and current by about 90 degrees to start the stupid AC motor....

BTW the spec on those caps are real sloppy, plus or minus 15%....Been a long time, I'm guess'in about 15 microfared or so...

I called neighbor later and asked her if she called the electric company. She said she had and the person she spoke with had never heard of a heat suppressor line. Then she was put on hold while the electric company person called to ask about any heat suppressor lines failing. No one knew of any problems like that occurring and there hadn't been any other problems reported in our area.
    if someone would use the term Heat suppressor line in place of fuse, i honestly would have a hard time auguring to the contrary, when you really get down and think about the discription...Damn close in IMHO. just never used or called a fuse that...But hell, that is what a fuse actually wants too acomplish... To much current equals to much heat, pop goes tha' fuse..

Quote Originally Posted by swat_op506 View Post
    I worked PT with an AC repair guy when I was a roadie. He once had a helper convinced that in winter, cold weather caused electrons to freeze, which sometimes caused electrical problems.
    If ya wanna to take it to an absolute extreme, which I do on a regular basis during lectures I am assured he was yanking ya's monkey... as well as you knew.

Mr. electron behavour is the contrary...The cooler a conductor the less resistance to current flow, Ergo a "Superconductor"....this basic knowledge, proof and repeatability has been around for a hundred years or so...

Zeplin,
    Fluid science ehhhh ??
    We chat later...Umm ever played around with Darcy's gas/fluid flow formula??

I love all tha' different fluid pumps and applications...The 4 cylinder fluid pump with swatch plate and pistons is crazy,,,like tha' vane pump...
    From da' land O' nervous sheep.
    Quote Originally Posted by crass cop View Post
    who cares....was she hot??
    Quote Originally Posted by mookster View Post
    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. And I agree one hundred percent with ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by CityCopDC View Post
    I swear to god you are not human. I have seen enough episodes of X-Files to know a rogue VI (Virtual Inteligence) when I see one.
    Currently Being Ignored by

1) NYC Queeny.
    2) Officer retired.

Civilian Sheepdog
    Quote Originally Posted by asullivan View Post

Zeplin,
    Fluid science ehhhh ??
    We chat later...Umm ever played around with Darcy's gas/fluid flow formula??
    Self taught in fluid dynamics. I've spoke with several profs & engineers in the past and was able translate their fancy smancy language into lay terms and impressed them. Don't know the math how to do any of it, but I can visualize and guestimate the difference in drag from one airfoil to another by looking at it. Calculating reynolds #'s is beyond me. I've even got a patent on one item that reduces drag by 30+%. Trying to get it to market.

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

"Book 'em Danno!"
    Some more military ones: jumping up and down on the M113s to test the shocks.......back blast bag for the dragon, TOW or law. Blank adaptor for the 45. In West Berlin, McNair Barracks had a big clock tower in the center of the compound and FNGs would be told to get in their dress greens with helmet liner and report for clock winding detail....most realized what was going on or never made it out of the company area but one made it all the way to BN HQ where he remained in the front leaning rest position until the CQ could get him.

I was 11B which still is 11B and the whole black beret thing for everyone is ridiculous!
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The ugliest of things is that man who thinks nothing is worth fighting and dying for and lets men better and braver than himself protect him". John Stuart Mill

Forum Member

As an M.P (still a 95B?) at Ft. Bragg we used to enjoy sending FNG's to the CQ to "get the key for the drop zone."

We'd also send them to the supply Sgt. for a can of camouflage spray paint or a sky hook.

After a few weeks in basic training at Ft. McClellan (aka: Ft. McMuffin) we'd wait in formation after chow and as the newer recruits from other training companies would exit the chow hall we'd whisper to them that their zippers were down (on their BDU's that have buttons, not zippers).

While on duty down in the jungles of Panama I had a squad leader who started ripping me a new one because my boots weren't shined well enough. His rant included repeated assertions of how important it was to keep one's boots properly polished because polish helped to make the boots waterproof. He seemed to take offense at my non-verbal response. As he ranted I looked at him like he was mentally challenged, crossed my legs and started picking at and rubbing the two air-hole vents located near the arch of the foot on my jungle boots. As he walked away I heard him say something about a goshdamned, smartazz, son of a something or other. Never did like that guy.

big holes
    bwhahahaa at the jungle boots one..

***** E-7...always good for a laugh
    In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not