Forum Member

Best Place to Buy Spare Pistol Magazines?

I'm assembling a go-bag and would really like to get 2-3 spare mags for my S&W M&P .40 duty weapon. I see some at Cheaperthandirt.com for $35, but they're 10rd magazines and I want nothing short of the standard duty 15rd mags. S&W's price on their website is even more expensive. Any clues as to where to look for spare mags at a good price? This will all be on MY dime and as such I don't exactly have loads of change rolling around under my car seats...

Forum Member
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

It erat quando hic adveni
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalSheriff View Post
    19.99 here (order at your own risk)
    http://www.botachtactical.com/smwempma.html
    If you want to, from an are-these-guys-legit-standpoint you should be ok using botach and paying online. I looked into it for you, they are actually a merchant storefront using Yahoo's store infrastructure for the backend.

Hence your transaction is via yahoo's secure merchant cart and not taped together by bubba's cousin-the-IT-guy in the back room.

Another nice thing to see is their fed tax ID, GSA number, and all required address/phone info is displayed.
    Last edited by Oddball-Six; 04-30-2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Clarified my perspective :)
    -------------------------------
    You can't fix stupid, but you can arrest it. - LINY

"Their house, their rules. And when they get robbed, they can call 911 and ask them to send a hippie to protect them." - ateamer

Forum Member
    I've ordered from Botach numerous times, and they have great prices for great products.

I have heard people have had their orders bumbled, fumbled, and jumbled. I have not experienced this.
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

"Retired"
    I'd stay away from "Cheaper than Dirt"! In the past, they'd advertised products at great prices, then slammed me with excessively high shipping costs. My favorite is Top Gun Supply: http://www.topgunsupply.com/
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Forum Member
    The times I've ordered from Botach in the past has been hit or miss. Probably 4 times total and they screwed up at least 2 of the orders.

I'd prefer to pay more from a more reputable company than roll the dice with them again.

This World is a Ghetto...
    Since we are discussing pistol mags, what is the best brand of 1911 magazine for spare mags? I know Wilson Combat is usually the go to brand for aftermarket 1911 mags. I'm looking for other options that are easy to find.

Thanks!
    ROLL TIDE!!!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC144 View Post
    Since we are discussing pistol mags, what is the best brand of 1911 magazine for spare mags? I know Wilson Combat is usually the go to brand for aftermarket 1911 mags. I'm looking for other options that are easy to find.

Thanks!
    That's a whole 'nother thread.

I use WC 47D's, but others may swear by Cobra or Metalform. Basically, you should used whatever works in YOUR pistol with whatever ammo you're using. 1911's can be a bit persnickety when it comes to mags & ammo.

There are a couple 1911 forums you can surf through if you wanna.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddball-Six View Post

Another nice thing to see is their fed tax ID, GSA number, and all required address/phone info is displayed.
    Thats great and all, but it is only good if someone actually answers the phone.

I have ordered from them on 3 ocassions. On 2 I got what I ordered for a great price and in a timely manner. The last time I ordered, I never recieved the item. Took almost 3 months of leaving messages, dealing with the credit card company, etc before I got my money back. Never got my item, and never paced another order with them.
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"