Page 1 of 104 12341151101 ... Last
Like Tree303Likes

Thread: NYC Special Officer Exam # 0149 or 0990 4/24/10

Forum Member

NYC Special Officer Exam # 0149 or 0990 4/24/10

What a cluster F***, DCAS yet again can't get their S*** together when administering or proctering exams. You had people of all ages taking the exam, I was told that people who signed up for both the Special Officer and HHC Officer anaouncement only had to take exam # 0990 with a passing score to be considered for both annoucements/jobs. WHAT THE F***??????
    SPD#4607JRG likes this.
    "One day, I'm going to get hired by some police agency some where." God Help Me!!

Forum Member
    Not to mention that the written exam was a joke!
    "One day, I'm going to get hired by some police agency some where." God Help Me!!

"Senior" Impact
    i agree this test is just too easy for someone to fail, Im sure I got 95 or over since there are always about 1 or 2 tricky as hell questions that catch me, but does anyone know when the proposed asnwer keys for this test will be up ? I know its way to soon but some of them get posted up really fast depending on the exam. And also is it possible to know about how many people in total took this exam ?

Forum Member
    Answer keys for all DCAS tests are posted up on the 5th Monday following the exam.
    ....I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6...

I freakin got to the school at 9:00 and the dam thing didnt start till close to 11. The test was freakin baby food!! Easy as hell. If you couldnt pass this thing then you should stick to McDonalds. The only question that had me thinking was one of the questions that gave 4 different witness statements about the discrip of a perp at the homeless shelter, i believe it was white male, 6ft, 250 lbs, blue jeans, black hat (there was another answer that was exactly the same except it was 5ft.) I figured somebody 250 lbs would most likely be 6ft tall. Much easier than the NYPD, DOC, or DEP exams.
    Last edited by APO Jay; 04-26-2010 at 10:29 AM.

Forum Member

well its does say "SPECIAL" what more were you expecting lol. even corky from life goes on said it was to freaking easy.
    NYPD Exam was # 8050 THE LAST OF AVENGERS

former nypd cadet many moons ago

Been OTJ

Peace Officer
    I definitely agree with the other posters here that it was the easiest exam I took for a law enforcement position. The exam started at 11:00am and I was the 2nd person done with it in my classroom. I think I was back home by 1:00pm. I can't wait to see my grade.

I have a question. I filed for exam 0149 but used exam number 0990 like everyone else there. I only filed for 1 exam(not HHC Police), but since everyone there used the same exam number, would I still go on the HHC Police list or no?
    Exams Taken/Jobs Applied For
    NYPD-2010
    NYC DEP Police-2010
    NYC Special Officer-2010
    NYRA Peace Officer-2010
    Suffolk County Police-2011
    MTA Police-2013
    Port Authority Police-2013
    TBTA-2014
    Agencies Already Employed By
    NYRA Peace Officer-2010-2012
    Sea Gate Police-2012-2013
    NYPD Auxiliary Police-2009-2014
    NYC Department of Homeless Services Police-2012-Present

Forum Member
    You will only be considered for Special Police.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCAPO View Post
    I definitely agree with the other posters here that it was the easiest exam I took for a law enforcement position. The exam started at 11:00am and I was the 2nd person done with it in my classroom. I think I was back home by 1:00pm. I can't wait to see my grade.

I have a question. I filed for exam 0149 but used exam number 0990 like everyone else there. I only filed for 1 exam(not HHC Police), but since everyone there used the same exam number, would I still go on the HHC Police list or no?

"Senior" Impact
    ^^ And how do you know this for sure ? The HHC and regular Special officer exam both had different exam numbers during the filing periods. People who signed up for either one all had to put 0990 as their exam numbers at their testing site, So if he will only be considered for special police and not HHC then why didn't they just keep the numbers different ?

Newly Full-time Fuzz

when will the list be released with our status/rank on it?

"Senior" Impact
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTaSOONERfan View Post
    when will the list be released with our status/rank on it?
    I was wondering the same, anyone have an idea ?

Forum Member

I'm a former special officer inbox me any questions you may have.

"Senior" Impact
    Any word on when this list will be established ? or any word on at least how many people took this exam ? Its really hard to find any kind of info at all on this job lol. I'd love to get this job while completing my 60 credits for my dream job (In the NYPD Process).

Forum Member

You wont hear anything till September- October

Newly Full-time Fuzz

I wonder if the list has been compiled yet. It's been three months

"Senior" Impact
    In June of 2007 was the last time the Special Officer Series exams were given, Final scores were given on September of that same year, so it was a 3 month wait. This exam was given at the end of April so who knows maybe we'll hear something this month. Also just to have an idea of how many people took the exam can everyone please post the location of where you took this exam ? I took mine at Dodge High school, where did you guys take yours ?

Newly Full-time Fuzz

I flew in from out of state - I honestly dont remember what it was called. But I've pretty much all but given up on hearing anythingback. I got a 92 on the test, but for them to have waited this long to even given me my results makes me think only people with a 98 or better have gotten any word by now. Rest of us - circular file.

Quote Originally Posted by NOTaSOONERfan View Post
    I flew in from out of state - I honestly dont remember what it was called. But I've pretty much all but given up on hearing anythingback. I got a 92 on the test, but for them to have waited this long to even given me my results makes me think only people with a 98 or better have gotten any word by now. Rest of us - circular file.
    I don't think anyone has gotten any word yet bro. Not as far as I know. NYC takes for ever to get back to you especially during these times. It's not a fast process. I got a 96 haven't gotten my official score & rank yet.

Newly Full-time Fuzz

ahh. Well, hopefully with a 92 I stand a shot

"Senior" Impact
    It's been 4 months now since the exam was given, anyone received their list number yet ? Some people get it earlier then others thats why I ask. The last Special Officer exam that was given the list numbers were sent out in 3 months and 764 people were on the eligible list. Im guessing maybe more people took the exam this time around thats why its taking a little longer to process ? I took the exam in Grace Dodge HS and there was about 500 people there, But I doubt that was the only school holding the exam. Anyone with new news or anything ? Thanks !

Newly Full-time Fuzz

Nothing yet here.

Forum Member

They have the scores already they are in the proccess of making a list it will be another two three weeks.

Newly Full-time Fuzz

"yawn" I wonder how man y people have just plain lost interest by now. Six months before you even get your score???

Forum Member

These things take time you just have to wait. It will be another few weeks I am at least hoping the end of September or early October.

Forum Member

Has anyone received their 0149/0990 exam results yet?

Also I see from earlier posts that Hospitals Police aren't allowed to carry off duty.
    Are they considering overturning that decision?
    If not do they allow you to get a CCW permit?
    Last edited by OfcrTom; 10-03-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Page 1 of 104 12341151101 ... Last