Page 36 of 104 First ... 26333435363738394686 ... Last
Like Tree302Likes

Thread: NYC Special Officer Exam # 0149 or 0990 4/24/10

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by The hopeful View Post
    Nope I didn't pay for that one. I did however speak to one of the specials from the probation/parole office on 161 and they said we might have a year or two wait from when the list was established. Idk about you guys but I'm gonna work my seasonal job and than proceed to the national guard and hope when I'm done with that the process will begin for me

I think that guy u tlked to is right. the lady told me hhc is over 2yrs and the reg special officer test is faster. I really think that they are waiting for jan to start fresh with a new list. so keep busy until it happens.

realist
    Quote Originally Posted by matgemini View Post
    well thanks for the insults, guys appreciated and you call me immature o_0
    hes not trying to insult you but law enforcement is about professionalism and your using "z" instead of "s" and just butchering the english language...spelling mistakes happen...not trying to be the grammar-nazi but geez dude...

DENIED!
    Not mistakes dude. This is the real deal. Facebook generation.

Forum Member

so anyways, anyone know which special officer list is being reviewed now? is 2300 done?

Forum Member

so anyways, anyone know which special officer list is being reviewed now? is 2300 done?
    I posted this on the page before this. I spoke to a special from the DAs office recently and they said it takes a at least a year to two years and this was before the freeze minimum after the list is established. Now imagine with the freeze. I don't intend to put down anyone's hopes and hope we get something soon but Im predicting we won't get anything until at least next year spring at minimum. Stay safe my friends

Forum Member

I posted this on the page before this. I spoke to a special from the DAs office recently and they said it takes a at least a year to two years and this was before the freeze minimum after the list is established. Now imagine with the freeze. I don't intend to put down anyone's hopes and hope we get something soon but Im predicting we won't get anything until at least next year spring at minimum. Stay safe my friends

I agree (The Hopeful) we will not here anything on list #2300 till at least Jan plus. keep in mind that if you took a later exam it will take longer...my question is why would you still keep letting people take the exam if you still staying on the same List #0149? we are up to 4 or so exams after #0149 , so my point is if I took the special officer exam that they have out now on tues....how long would I have to wait? 3-4 years its stupid...JUST stop having people take the exam until you catch up.. Special Officer (HHC) stopped so how come the reg. special officer exam doesnt stop.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bestbuyer2312 View Post
    I agree (The Hopeful) we will not here anything on list #2300 till at least Jan plus. keep in mind that if you took a later exam it will take longer...my question is why would you still keep letting people take the exam if you still staying on the same List #0149? we are up to 4 or so exams after #0149 , so my point is if I took the special officer exam that they have out now on tues....how long would I have to wait? 3-4 years its stupid...JUST stop having people take the exam until you catch up.. Special Officer (HHC) stopped so how come the reg. special officer exam doesnt stop.
    Now imagine the nypd ones....

Forum Member

well aren't all the lists's after 2300 alot smaller? like 400's range

Forum Member

well aren't all the lists's after 2300 alot smaller? like 400's range
    2300 is 956 people 2317 is 377 people 2329 is 379 people
    Last edited by The hopeful; 10-09-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Forum Member

2300 is 956 people 2317 is 377 people 2329 is 379 people
    Thats what I mean...when they get to #2300 how long are they going to be on that...Also its the mayors last yr and god knows what the next guy whats to do..you know

Forum Member

hmm, well i think the city could use alot more special officers....they could hire 2 specials for every 1 nypd officer ^_^

Forum Member

The city, nassau and suffolk can use alot of positions but there is a real slow down with exams now..suffolk pd, suffolk corrections alot of exams..nassau all exams have stalled..alot of people are signing up for the nassau pd test but mangano is not going to put anyone threw..its a waste of $100...he closed a couple of police stations and got some cops to leave the job..he is not trying to hire anyone new...so my point is what about the city??? bc every time a person leaves office the new guy comes in and tells everyone that the budget is fxcked up..hint nassau and suffolk county.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bestbuyer2312 View Post
    The city, nassau and suffolk can use alot of positions but there is a real slow down with exams now..suffolk pd, suffolk corrections alot of exams..nassau all exams have stalled..alot of people are signing up for the nassau pd test but mangano is not going to put anyone threw..its a waste of $100...he closed a couple of police stations and got some cops to leave the job..he is not trying to hire anyone new...so my point is what about the city??? bc every time a person leaves office the new guy comes in and tells everyone that the budget is fxcked up..hint nassau and suffolk county.
    If that happens I know some of these *******s will say its not but I would definitely want my money back. I know Baltimore Police Department is hiring last I heard. I need to get my drivers license and head down there for one of their two day events. I mean its only a 4-6 month wait so they say. I'll just be away from my family =/

Forum Member

Im still waiting to be called by one of the agency and im on exam 0149 smh ........

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Djp2585 View Post
    Im still waiting to be called by one of the agency and im on exam 0149 smh ........
    Great now I can lolligag to go change my address down at centre street and rack up some overtime in the meantime

Forum Member

if you are on exam 2300 dont expect to hear from an agency untill 2014 most likely ..... Reason why i say this, im on exam 0149 list 9xx and its going on 3 years and i still havent been contacted by agency I was contacted by dcas investigation unit in 06/2011 and pass the back ground check and was place on the eligible for hire list and ive been waiting ever since

Forum Member

@DJP2585- Do you know how many people took the #0149 exam and was it combined with #0990? Also once you get on the hire list do you have to wait for an agency to contact you? the reason why i am asking you this is bc if you are on the hire list some agencies have posted for special officers but you have to be on a list...and i dont know if dcas sent you anything or is it on you to find out....I know in the summertime it was Dept of finance / sheriff had a post, Acs had a post in mid summer and sept, and hospital had a post up 3 times for different hospitals if you are on that list also. so I think you could have applied for those. Im guessing but I remember they stated in the job disc that you have to be on a list already..I asked them/ACS threw email if I could apply but they said "what i knew already "that I have to be on a current published list( when they emailed me they looked me up and told me my exam and list number). I still think that the Dcas investigators are going to call us early next year but like DJP2585 said god knows when a agency will pull us off the list...But like I said DJP2585 keep looking on diff agencies websites..bc some put up posts every now and then.

Forum Member

can you send me the web sites for the agencies .Cause the dcas investigator told me that i have to wait to be contacted by an agency and i guess they contact you by mail

Forum Member

for exam 0149 i believe its over1800

Forum Member

Go on nyc.gov on the left hand side they have a department drop down menu...look for children services..then work at acs. nyc finance is the same go on their sites and check ...I check almost all sites every day almost to see if their are changes. I heard the same thing to that they have to send you a letter ....but I have seen these positions and they said to apply but u have to be on the current list...NOTHING IS ON THESE SITES NOW !!!! EXCEPT HHC I think they have something..but u have to be on the list.

Forum Member

you know with every special officer exam they put out the selective certs are diff, that leads me to believe they are putting each exam out for specific agency's it's possible. 3328,3329

Forum Member

you know with every special officer exam they put out the selective certs are diff, that leads me to believe they are putting each exam out for specific agency's it's possible. 3328,3329
    They don't really say anything about special certification for those exams. I was wondering why they have the testing periods for so long maybe not enough people take them so making a new one every month or two is dumb unlike the police officer or school safety which im sure a lot of people take.
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...1303328000.pdf . That is the notice for 3328,3329 doesnt say any selective certification specifically for either one and those are the same from the other exams I've also taken before.

Forum Member

Hello Hopeful,

I took exam 2317 and TEA 2313 still waiting here. I am in FL right now about to be layed off in DEC and i might go to NY and live with my bro and transfer my CDL to get called faster? I want to work for the city really bad. I miss NY been living in Fl over 8 years and took 3 city exams to get back into NY. I also took the Police communications back feb and under 100 on that list. So 3 exams and waiting for ever. I think about the job call every day and as bad as HOPEFUL has hahhaaa.I cant imagine now with the worst storm hitting NY and the present conditions that the hiring process might slow down? I also dont know why there are so many exams For TEA and Special going on and the lists are just huge. WHen will all these people going to get called? I like to get some info on TEA what list they are on if any one knows? Waiting here for 2317 after 2300... The wait will be painful I think.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joeyfl View Post
    Hello Hopeful,

I took exam 2317 and TEA 2313 still waiting here. I am in FL right now about to be layed off in DEC and i might go to NY and live with my bro and transfer my CDL to get called faster? I want to work for the city really bad. I miss NY been living in Fl over 8 years and took 3 city exams to get back into NY. I also took the Police communications back feb and under 100 on that list. So 3 exams and waiting for ever. I think about the job call every day and as bad as HOPEFUL has hahhaaa.I cant imagine now with the worst storm hitting NY and the present conditions that the hiring process might slow down? I also dont know why there are so many exams For TEA and Special going on and the lists are just huge. WHen will all these people going to get called? I like to get some info on TEA what list they are on if any one knows? Waiting here for 2317 after 2300... The wait will be painful I think.
    hey Joeyfl ... with this special officer exam its long wait. I asked this same question before about how Dcas keeps on coming out with this special officer exam and the list is stalled....even if not that many people take each exam ,dcas is taking their sweet *** time calling people. I can understand if dcas was really going threw these exams and coming up with 5 ppl..ok then keep the test going..but they have 4 exams after #o149 .....its stupid..... but JoeyFl I think that they/dcas may call you faster with the police communications exam..bc with special officer god know how long it will take to get to #2300 and then #2317.

Joeyfl, the hopeful , and everyone else who took the special officer exam.....just keep on taking exams and one will pop. Just keep in mind be "realistic"...some ppl on these forums take exams and think O I passed/ when am I going to get called and when you look at the exam before or the stats of the force its small so even if you get a perfect score you may not get called.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joeyfl View Post
    Hello Hopeful,

whats funny is that nypd fdny and even the courts have 2 sometimes even more 5 times the people they have on our list and they know its a 2 and a half year wait minimum. I would think this would be a year wait. Im playing myself by even coming here the few times a week knowing that I probably wont hear anything until next year summer. As soon as the New York National Guard starts processing people again or at least my recruiter is done being deployed im going to basic as soon possible and doing my ait as fast as possible to so if I font get this I can hopefully just jump right into active duty. Im thinking about possibly doing a school safety exam before I do enlist into that although. If you was here I was going to suggest co-op city in the bronx since they're taking applications. you can also check in with Baltimore PD if you're just generally looking for a job I might attempt that also starting next month. All in all good luck everyone. Hopefully one day we can all look back at this having agencys shield as our avatar and be like damn I was that thirsty for this lol.

Page 36 of 104 First ... 26333435363738394686 ... Last