Page 16 of 100 First ... 6131415161718192666 ... Last
Like Tree286Likes

Thread: NYC Special Officer Exam # 0149 or 0990 4/24/10

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wo 150 View Post
    Just for your own knowledge, I am a former Special Officer before coming a WTO and I have many friends that are bosses on the job you are going start. DHS has a warrant squad that calls for and executes our warrants. Is this enough interaction for your curiosity?
    That sounds perfect actually Im not a fan of sitting on my *** all day and standing in one spot but will do it if I have to. I have another if Im not working at the time and I see something happening like a guy beating up his girl would I have the powers to actually stop and arrest him until the actual nypd comes?

Forum Member

yeah perfect. thanks for the info your so in the "know". i appreciate your response. since you use to be apart of the department would you happen to know how long it would take to get into the warrant squad. ive heard good things about them

Forum Member

Until you get sometime under your belt, I would become a professional witness. The first thing you should do is call 911 and get the calvary coming. Always remember there is strength in numbers. Always go by the rules and regulations of the job and don't be a guy that says The hell with you, I am a Peace Officer because that is when they will stick it in your *** and your life will be over. REMEMBER= You are on PROBATION until they make you PERMANENT.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jussbreel View Post
    yeah perfect. thanks for the info your so in the "know". i appreciate your response. since you use to be apart of the department would you happen to know how long it would take to get into the warrant squad. ive heard good things about them
    thats another good question do you get to choose from multiple assignments or are you stick with what you get? I know it says its mainly security although. also what is the medical evaluation consist of? Im 6ft2 150-160 skinny I know but I dont really have health problems just wondering if my weight might be an issue?
    Last edited by The hopeful; 03-10-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Forum Member

the list for 2300 has been made. I have a question does anyone know what special patrolman status gets you? I just took 2329 and selected that just wanted to know what you can do with that
    Last edited by The hopeful; 03-12-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by The hopeful View Post
    the list for 2300 has been made. I have a question does anyone know what special patrolman status gets you? I just took 2329 and selected that just wanted to know what you can do with that

Did you take the exam for special officer or school safety or taxi and limousine inspector ?..special officers are not special potrolman. Special officers get automatic peace officer status through the nys cpl. Special potrolman get their peace officer status through the commissioner of the NYPD.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by uscis1983 View Post
    Did you take the exam for special officer or school safety or taxi and limousine inspector ?..special officers are not special potrolman. Special officers get automatic peace officer status through the nys cpl. Special potrolman get their peace officer status through the commissioner of the NYPD.
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...1202329000.pdf

Thats the one I took recently and thats the one Im talking about. Im thinking about taking the school safety exam although

Forum Member

Yeh, that is the exam for Special Officer. You get peace officer status automatically. Special Patrolman are school safety, Parks and taxi and limousine inspectors. Special officers have their own line in the CPL so they get their peace officer status automatically.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by uscis1983 View Post
    Yeh, that is the exam for Special Officer. You get peace officer status automatically. Special Patrolman are school safety, Parks and taxi and limousine inspectors. Special officers have their own line in the CPL so they get their peace officer status automatically.
    so what is the selective certification for special patrolman or what do they assign them to do and their actual powers?

Forum Member
    ok thanks I let him know. One more question if I wanted to apply for deputy US Marshal the next time they do the comp exam would this be good to put down or no if I was hired ?
    U.S Marshal is basically Federal LEO Marine Corps..It's not for sandbaggers. Be honest at all times, but to be honest with you the competition is very high and a lot of people think they will get NYC..The job is a commitment..and requires moving away...It has a high reputation because it's a difficult job to get and one of the most rigorous academies in the federal system.

Good luck
    Judge Dredd: I am the law! Put down your weapons and prepare to be judged.

The only time you should be looking down on someone is when you are putting out your hand to help them up.- great instructor

Forum Member

Its true exam 2300 was establish, and i believe its the exam to be called once these two exams are done. My list # 11* and theres only 949 eligible

Forum Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by nycfed View Post
    U.S Marshal is basically Federal LEO Marine Corps..It's not for sandbaggers. Be honest at all times, but to be honest with you the competition is very high and a lot of people think they will get NYC..The job is a commitment..and requires moving away...It has a high reputation because it's a difficult job to get and one of the most rigorous academies in the federal system.

Good luck
    Thanks for the good luck I specifically said US Marshals because I like the show Manhunters that features mostly them. I just want to be a part of fugitive task force sooner or later in life thats all idc about moving or being put specifiically in nyc that would be great tho

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BX MASSACRE View Post
    Its true exam 2300 was establish, and i believe its the exam to be called once these two exams are done. My list # 11* and theres only 949 eligible
    If you dont mind me asking what did you score on this exam I got an 80% and in the high 600. Im guessing you had above an 90. For some reason I cant get into the 90s no matter how many tests I take so far.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wo 150 View Post
    Just for your own knowledge, I am a former Special Officer before coming a WTO and I have many friends that are bosses on the job you are going start. DHS has a warrant squad that calls for and executes our warrants. Is this enough interaction for your curiosity?

I have a question about DHS's warrant squad. The inspector told us when i was there that this is a pretty new unit that they have going, so the guys in this unit actually execute warrants ? The reason why i ask is because i thought that most peace officers do not have the power to execute warrants. Can you please elaborate a little more on this.
    Last edited by uscis1983; 03-13-2012 at 11:25 AM.

j15
    Forum Member

I'm not exactly sure how it works with DHS's Warrant Squad, but Peace Officers can not get search warrants. Peace Officers do have the power to act on arrest warrants that might come up in the line of duty. For every person that you arrest, you have to run a warrant check on that person. If that person comes up as positive for an active warrant, that person gets charged with what you arrested him/her for and then the charge for the active warrant gets added in.

Forum Member

Right, that is what i was led to believe as well. I know that parole officers are peace officer and can execute certain types of warrants. I was just a little confused about "wo 150" said about them being able to call and execute warrants.

Forum Member

If you dont mind me asking what did you score on this exam I got an 80% and in the high 600. Im guessing you had above an 90. For some reason I cant get into the 90s no matter how many tests I take so far.
    I got a 92. I think exam 2300 is next to start the process, do you agree?
    NYPD
    EXAM: 2302 8/2011
    LIST#: 9XX
    APD-5: 5/2013
    Medical:1/2014 - DONE
    Written Psych:1/2014

Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.
    -Og Mandino

Forum Member
    Need a little HELP here, just received a letter from DCAS Human Capital/Investigations Unit asking me to come in for an interview. Can anyone fill me in as to what comes after the interview, I mean what agency will theY assign me to assuming all goes well, DCAS DHS HRA ACS????? Thanks.
    "One day, I'm going to get hired by some police agency some where." God Help Me!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYPDHOPEFULLY View Post
    Need a little HELP here, just received a letter from DCAS Human Capital/Investigations Unit asking me to come in for an interview. Can anyone fill me in as to what comes after the interview, I mean what agency will theY assign me to assuming all goes well, DCAS DHS HRA ACS????? Thanks.

Congradulations on finally receiving the letter. DCAS do not assign what agency you will work in. This letter that you received is for the background investigation. Once DCAS clears you they will place you on the list and all of the agencies looking to hire will go down that list and will send you out letters inviting you to come in for an interview. If you pass the interview then you are sent for a physical and psychological evaluation. If you pass all that then you will go to the academy.

Forum Member
    Will a Psych DQ from the NYPD disqualify me????????
    "One day, I'm going to get hired by some police agency some where." God Help Me!!

Forum Member
    I already had a background done through NYPD, does that count?

Forum Member

You know I honestly can't answer that question for you. They will prob find everything out once you go through the background investigation though. My advice to you would be to just be honest with them about everything from the get go. If you lie about it and they find out, it will only make you look bad in their eyes. Just go there and explain the situation to your investigator I am sure he/she can offer you advice on this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYPDHOPEFULLY View Post
    Whats your exam and list #?

Forum Member
    8329 7*_______________

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BX MASSACRE View Post
    I got a 92. I think exam 2300 is next to start the process, do you agree?
    I honestly dont know to tell you the truth. The nypd hopefully guy says he just received a letter from dcas for exam 8329 so I went and was attempting to find that to see how long ago that was but I only see a nypd exam with that number. But I hope they do that would be so perfect for me right now.
    Can you still get turned down even if you feel you've done everything correct. As in they have all the people they require already and the list becomes terminated Or how long does the list actually last?

Also can someone tell us new people what to expect on the psych and medical evaluations thanks
    Last edited by The hopeful; 03-14-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Page 16 of 100 First ... 6131415161718192666 ... Last