Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: "parking"

Forum Member

"parking"

i have always wondered this, and (hypothetically) based on last night's events, i figured this would make for an... interesting topic.

(hypothetically) You pulled up on a truck, in a dark corner of the beach parking lot. You observe a man and women, both of age, consensually "talking". what would you do?

(hypothetically), the sheriff who observed someone to meet my exact description told me-err uh--them... that i could be forever marked as a sex offender for "talking" in a parking lot.

I completely expect hilarious answers.

"Retired"
    Which one's mouth was moving?

locked and loaded
    in a handbasket...guess where we're going...
    was it the downtown or uptown parking lot?
    It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
    Paul "Bear" Bryant

NOT banned
    lewd and lascivious might make you a sex offender in your area. So could the age of one of the parties involved. Was it the "Sheriff" or a Deputy???
    He may have been tryng to discourage you from "talking" in that location again.
    "Lighten da' cargo...Fer' a chick wid' big boobs...cause I like boobs, big boobs...."
    Da Admiral Sully

"To the open-carry nut-rider, a firearm is his persona, a soap-box, and his reason for being. By strapping one on, he proclaims to the world, 'even though I didn't get hugs as a kid, somebody's going to By Golly pay attention to me now'."
    slamdunc

Resident Misanthrope
    Public nudity and/or shagging in a public place is NOT very smucking fart. There is the potential (tho' unlikely) of getting hooked up on the sex offender list, but I think it would probably just fall under "lewd conduct" statutes. Your mileage may vary, depending on the area.

We catch people all the time. One of the bad things about living in a small town and having a rural county, is that often, I know one or both of the individuals, and more often than not, they are each married to someone else.

Most of the time, I make plenty of noise when approaching the vehicle, and tell the occupants to get the hell out of there. (And if I know one or both of them, I let them wonder whether I'm going to tell their respective spouses or not.) I never have and never will, and anyway, eventually their filandering will catch up with them.
    Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Retired Sergeant - CHP
    When I first entered the LE community, I worked a beach town as a patrol officer. We had a number of locales where folks would engage in heated and passionate embrace. One are in particular was a eucalyptus grove.

The graveyard sergeant used to love to patrol that grove. He would park, go afoot and sneak up on a vehicle parked within.

That was all well and good until one of those he was spying on was an off duty officer from another jurisdiction who almost shot the sergeant.

He soon adopted the back up policy and would not venture forth without another unit.

Oh, what a night!
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Forum Member

haha... it was deputy. i was just wondering if since it was inside a vehicle, if that offered any more "safety" than just right out on the beach or a bench or something

Verbal Sniper
    Ironic name.

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

It's Complicated
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
    Ironic name.
    Mind in the gutter again Smurf?
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - no matter how good you are, the pigeon will still crap all over the board and strut around like it won anyway."

I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc

I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

Verbal Sniper
    Yep.

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Resident Misanthrope
    *snicker*

Forum Member

haha...its an engine....i swear

Forum Member
    I'd make you call your mom to come get you. Even if you're 40.

Forum Member

It's one of those engines with a piston that just keeps on pumping...

Seriously though, with regards to your post, you mention "women." How many? Were any of them the deputy's wife?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDog4907 View Post
    It's one of those engines with a piston that just keeps on pumping...
    Would "PowerStroke" be any more appropriate, you know, for the Ford guys?

Forum Member
    Once when I was riding along, we came upon a couple parking in one of the favored parking spots in our area. The cop said to me, "I'm not sure who they'll be more upset to see-- me or you."

We decided to keep me in the car.

:-)

Forum Member

Resident Misanthrope
    The Heimlich Maneuver, for when she's choking on three condoms.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    Mind in the gutter again Smurf?
    Giggity, Giggity alllright

Verbal Sniper
    Quote Originally Posted by CruiserClass View Post
    Would "PowerStroke" be any more appropriate, you know, for the Ford guys?
    A completely inaccurate description for most.

Forum Member

While serving as an MP at a training post we routinely hunted for the young AIT soldiers "talking" in the remote locations of the post. We referred to them as "Breeders". We did our best to sneak up on them!

Ahh good times.

Forum Member

Once rolled up on a car parked down by the lake, snuck up on them and imagine my surprise when it was two guys!....Then I realized one was a young man that my agency was putting through the police academy.

Last time I heard he was doing well as a Deputy.

It's Complicated
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrob33 View Post
    Once rolled up on a car parked down by the lake, snuck up on them and imagine my surprise when it was two guys!....
    I was just getting ready to post a similar thought----------it was at the scenic overlook at the end of the regional airport runway. I was training a rookie on the finer points of bushwhacking. We almost puked.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - no matter how good you are, the pigeon will still crap all over the board and strut around like it won anyway."

I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc

I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

Aged like a fine wine

Thumbs down What a bunch of voyeurs...

Live and let live......
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Resident Misanthrope
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrob33 View Post
    Once rolled up on a car parked down by the lake, snuck up on them and imagine my surprise when it was two guys!....Then I realized one was a young man that my agency was putting through the police academy.

Last time I heard he was doing well as a Deputy.
    This is why I make PLENTY of noise, if I'm walking up on a car that's "parking." Just in case... I really don't want to see two dudes playing, "Hide The Pickle."

Page 1 of 2 12 Last