Page 9 of 30 First ... 678910111219 ... Last
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Amtrak Police.

Forum Member
    anyone hear anything as far possible academy soon? for the end of the year/ beginning of nxt year?
    Amtrak Police: NY/NJ

Forum Member
    I have not been contacted after turning in my packet as well....I don't know if that is a good sign or just a matter of having patients...It would nice to receive a notice of rejection if I am not qualified...but Ill just keep my hopes up and wait it out.
    ON THE JOB

One Night In Bangkok
    Quote Originally Posted by finenance View Post
    I have not been contacted after turning in my packet as well....I don't know if that is a good sign or just a matter of having patients...It would nice to receive a notice of rejection if I am not qualified...but Ill just keep my hopes up and wait it out.
    If your having patients, then you need to be in a hospital. You need to have patience since your more than likely starting the BI phase.
    I don't work - I merely inflict myself upon the public.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
    If your having patients, then you need to be in a hospital. You need to have patience since your more than likely starting the BI phase.
    lol at patients...I was half awake when typing that...but yea patience is all I got, I have other things, law related, cooking.
    ON THE JOB

Forum Member

Got an email today confirming I passed the Psych interview and to come in for fingerprinting on Wednesday. Still no info on the medical. Hopefully this is promising.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mitset9820 View Post
    Got an email today confirming I passed the Psych interview and to come in for fingerprinting on Wednesday. Still no info on the medical. Hopefully this is promising.
    just got mine as well....good luck to everyone
    Amtrak Police: NY/NJ

Forum Member

"Possible January Academy"

Can someone PM the link to the FLETC Acadmey Schedule session?

When I was in the process for another department I had access from their site which showed the listings of which departments were sceduled at their next Academy and the dates.

Thanks.

One Night In Bangkok
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeame2 View Post
    "Possible January Academy"

Can someone PM the link to the FLETC Acadmey Schedule session?

When I was in the process for another department I had access from their site which showed the listings of which departments were sceduled at their next Academy and the dates.

Thanks.
    There is a class that starts almost every week down there.

Forum Member

I went for fingerprinting and was told that the background was not finished. They mentioned that someone would be sent to my moms house to talk to her. But no specific mention about coming here to my dads house. I moved in with my dad to save money while attending the academy so I don't really know my neighbors at all. I hope this doesn't count against me. Any information on these home visits would be great. It sounds pretty intimidating to be honest, since I have no idea what to expect. I did get the feeling that things were moving along and that I may be close to the end. I've made it this far and don't want to blow it.

One Night In Bangkok
    I went for fingerprinting and was told that the background was not finished. They mentioned that someone would be sent to my moms house to talk to her. But no specific mention about coming here to my dads house. I moved in with my dad to save money while attending the academy so I don't really know my neighbors at all. I hope this doesn't count against me. Any information on these home visits would be great. It sounds pretty intimidating to be honest, since I have no idea what to expect. I did get the feeling that things were moving along and that I may be close to the end. I've made it this far and don't want to blow it.
    Unless you or your father stuck out with the neighbors, they probably wont say anything negative.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Yeame2;2532942]"Possible January Academy"

I hope this is the case. I have been going through the hiring process since May 2009 For Boston. I have completed every step so far, my last step was my BI and that was done in June 2010.

My investigator called me in August and told me something might come up in October. Now I came accross this thread and I know this isnt for Boston, but I am hoping, my hold up is that they are trying to send everyone together. Anyone that has any insight on this please advise.

I have had lots of patience and have waited a long time, I have heard lots of great things about the department, and really hope to get on.

Good Luck to all does folks going through the process now.

Forum Member

Philly process is moving

One of the guys from the Philly group just got his offer to start Nov 15th. I had my paperwork in 2 days AFTER him and I'm two weeks behind...lol Waiting for the oral psyche now... UGH. At least they are moving.
    Conduct every traffic stop extending the olive branch of peace; while having a tactical plan to kill everyone inside the vehicle

Forum Member

Im finished with all th fingerprinting etc. They said they grouped the applicants in groups tbased on their standing... Now we just have to wait for the federal budget.... and hopefully an academy class in Jan.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DEEDEE View Post
    Im finished with all th fingerprinting etc. They said they grouped the applicants in groups tbased on their standing... Now we just have to wait for the federal budget.... and hopefully an academy class in Jan.
    Yeah everything is finished for me also. I'm wondering what will happen with all of us who do not need to attend an academy. Also, DEEDEE....have you had a home visit by the investigators yet?

Forum Member

No not yet.. Im hoping they come soon.... I never wanted people talking about me more then I do now...Were you in the top group?... Are you in the group of NY APPLICANTS?

Forum Member

DEEDEE check your inbox

Forum Member

ROFLMAO..... I think he will fit right in their.... LOL

One Night In Bangkok
    Quote Originally Posted by bigman888 View Post
    are they currently hiring?

I would love to work in the Metro station (DC)

What are the residency requirements? I have family in MD and would commute in.
    Check Amtrak.com.

Amtrak police DO NOT police the metro station as that is under the jurisdiction of the WMATA police/

No residency requirement and you can ride both Amtrak and MARC for free. Just realize Amtrak only has 2 stops between Baltimore and DC and that very few trains stop at Aberdeen.

One Night In Bangkok
    Quote Originally Posted by NJSouth View Post
    One of the guys from the Philly group just got his offer to start Nov 15th. I had my paperwork in 2 days AFTER him and I'm two weeks behind...lol Waiting for the oral psyche now... UGH. At least they are moving.
    It took me 2 years after I applied to get hired on.....

Forum Member

But thats Philly... New York has not recieved their federal budget.... so they dont know how many they can take on.

One Night In Bangkok
    But thats Philly... New York has not recieved their federal budget.... so they dont know how many they can take on.
    NY's budget is done out of Philly.

Forum Member

So when do you think we will know?

One Night In Bangkok
    So when do you think we will know?
    If Philly has done their budget and allocations have been made for hiring, then December if everything is done.

Forum Member

If Philly has done their budget and allocations have been made for hiring, then December if everything is done.
    Interesting....on the bright side December is right around the corner. Does being certified and not needing to attend the academy play a role? Only reason I ask is that I was told mid way through the process that having PTC cert is a plus since it saves money on training up front. Or do you think that they will do all the hires at the same time? To my knowledge there are 5 certified applicants out of the 15.

One Night In Bangkok
    Interesting....on the bright side December is right around the corner. Does being certified and not needing to attend the academy play a role? Only reason I ask is that I was told mid way through the process that having PTC cert is a plus since it saves money on training up front. Or do you think that they will do all the hires at the same time? To my knowledge there are 5 certified applicants out of the 15.
    More than likely being certified means they can put you through about 3-4 weeks of training vs 14 weeks (unless the app lives in NYS then its 24-28 weeks). More than likely they will bring all the people who are being hired on board at once.

Selections are made in NY but Philly runs the purse strings since the Capt reports to the Inspector in Philly.

Page 9 of 30 First ... 678910111219 ... Last