Thread: Quad mag pouch

Forum Member

Quad mag pouch

Does anyone know of a quad mag pouch for sig P220? I know Uncle Mikes used to make them, but they're nowhere to be found.

Will the Safariland 277 fit the sig single stack mags?

Thanks

Forum Member
    I use a Don Hume quad mag pouch for my Sig 220 and really like it. It's really nice because the mags in front sit higher than the one's in the back making it very easy to index one mag without accidently pulling out the other. The only downside is that this mag pouch is only available in leather. Here's the link. http://www.donhume.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=113

The Safariland 277 quad mag pouch does also work with Sig 220 8-rounders. A buddy of mine at work uses one and likes it. The only downside is that the mags sit at the same level. One advantage though is that if you wear a nylon belt, the pouch is available in STX Tac finish. Here's a link. http://www.copquest.com/23-3500.htm#...Magazine_Pouch

The Safariland 277 is also made for 1911 10-round mags, but I'm not sure that a Sig 10-rounder will fit. I think that the Sig mag is a little longer, but am not completely sure.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sig fan View Post
    I use a Don Hume quad mag pouch for my Sig 220 and really like it. It's really nice because the mags in front sit higher than the one's in the back making it very easy to index one mag without accidently pulling out the other. The only downside is that this mag pouch is only available in leather. Here's the link. http://www.donhume.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=113

The Safariland 277 quad mag pouch does also work with Sig 220 8-rounders. A buddy of mine at work uses one and likes it. The only downside is that the mags sit at the same level. One advantage though is that if you wear a nylon belt, the pouch is available in STX Tac finish. Here's a link. http://www.copquest.com/23-3500.htm#...Magazine_Pouch

The Safariland 277 is also made for 1911 10-round mags, but I'm not sure that a Sig 10-rounder will fit. I think that the Sig mag is a little longer, but am not completely sure.
    Great, thank you!
    Holding my 1911 mag next to my Sig mag, I noticed the sig mag is longer due to the plastic floor plate. Will it still fit?

Forum Member
    Are you talking about the 10-rounders?

Forum Member

Forum Member
    Not trying to hijack this thread but how about a quad mag pouch for a Beretta 90-Two. Again not trying to hijack the thread but was gonna ask the same question about a different gun...thanks!!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sig fan View Post
    Are you talking about the 10-rounders?
    No, I have sig 8 round mag's. They seem to be just a little bit bigger than the 1911 mags. Here is a picture of my sig mag next to my 1911 mag (8rd) I'm not using my 1911 for duty carry so I don't know if they are the same critter.

mags.jpg

http://www.blade-tech.com/Quad-Mag-Pouch-c-284.html

Models for the single stack P220 mags as well as double stack mags, including the 92FS.

Forum Member
    I know I'm starting to sound picky, but I'm looking for nylon.

If the Safariland 277 fits the sig 8rd magazine, I think that's the way I'm going to go. We are transitioning a few officers over to the Sig P220 and we're having a tough time coming up with a nylon quad mag pouch.

Forum Member
    Last edited by jeeper; 04-10-2010 at 02:24 AM.
    Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper View Post
    The Safariland 277 *should* fit the P220 mags, but the best way to know would be to call Safariland direct. They have been very helpful for me in the past.

You might be able to find one of the old Uncle Mike's ones that has since been discontinued. Otherwise, do a search for KW nylon out of Washington state (Tacoma/Seattle area). They do custom nylon work and stock a quad mag pouch in nylon that is pretty popular out there with cops carrying 1911s and P220s.
    I called Safariland. They were not very helpful. I have received conflicting information about the 277, including from a guy here, who said he works with a guy who uses the 277 with P220 Mags.... Anyway, I talked to a local supply store and they are going to order one so we can see.

I also got a PM this morning from a guy in California who showed me the exact mag pouch I'm looking for from Tuff Products. I'll be pitching that one as soon as I get to work this afternoon.

Thanks!

www.nylonwebgear.com

Paul is a great guy to work with and he will make you just about anything you want. Take a look at the rest of his gear. I have worn it for years and love it.