Forum Member

Community Service Officer - Interview

I have an interview in a couple of days for CSO position. Does anyone know what questions they ask, are they similar to those for police? like scenario questions?

Forum Member

Ask the following:

1. "When can I carry my gun?"

2. "My I arrest a driver for parking in a handicap spot?"

3. "When do I start PTI?"
    "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Post Deleted By Author
    Last edited by LEJAmav; 03-19-2010 at 03:22 AM.

"Retired"
    Just remember that you're not sworn and that you should advise radio if you observe some crap jumping off on the street.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rafalhc View Post
    I have an interview in a couple of days for CSO position. Does anyone know what questions they ask, are they similar to those for police? like scenario questions?
    I would suggest portraying yourself as a very community oriented individual. These guys don't want to hear you talk about how you might want to be a cop some day. That is not the position that you are interviewing for.

Post Deleted By Author
    Last edited by LEJAmav; 03-19-2010 at 03:23 AM.

Forum Member

Thumb-upping LEJAmav on this one.

Forum Member

Thanks for everything. It turned out to be no scenario questions... that's probably all I can say right now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LEJAmav View Post
    Totally disagree. You can mention this, but put it in the right light. It demonstrates that you have initiative, are goal oriented, and are ready to assume responsibility. It shows that you understand the effort it takes to become a police officer, and your desire to establish yourself in a professional atmosphere (the department) and serve in a related capacity until you can attain your goal. They would then assume (though you should reassure them) that Roselle is the department that you want to be a police officer on.

So again, I disagree with the above post in terms of how departments view it in general based on my experiences. But I absoultely agree that you need to portray yourself as a community oriented individual. And if you truly are not, you had better get yourself legit interested on the community policing bandwagon if you want to be successful.
    Let me clarify.....

I simply mean that if you are only trying to use a CSO job as a stepping stone....keep that to yourself. Nothing wrong with mentioning wanting to beocme the police one day. Just keep that talk to a minimum. Save that for the interview that you take with the police and fire board some day.