Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Forum Member

DC Metro Airport Police is hiring. No age limit or test required for degree holders

As with some of the other posts on here, I know this is the NY forum, but it does seem like a lot of New Yorkers would be willing to relocate if they found a decent enough police gig.

No test required if you have an Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's degree.

https://www2.recruitingcenter.net/Cl...=10403&esid=az
    NYPD Academy - July 2011 Session

Condition Corrected

Also if you are a current law enforcement officer, you will be exempt from the written test as well. Just have to submit a resume.

Forum Member

thank you for posting this

Forum Member

This looks like a great gig, some one jump on this...

Forum Member
    Here is their website:

http://www.mwaa.com/Police.htm
    NYPD Academy - July 2011 Session

Forum Member

That's not bad. I might look into that as well.

Thanks.

Forum Member
    Yah, if I was a young person looking to break into LE, I would absolutlely seriously look into this
    Quote Originally Posted by PAPD 8-2 View Post
    This looks like a great gig, some one jump on this...

Forum Member

Already applied.

Forum Member

Does anyone have information on this position? Morale? Room for advancement?
    Trying to get on in NY...
    PM me if you hear of any upstate NY departments that are giving a civil service test.

Born Alone Die Alone
    Tossed my hat into the ring as well
    NYPD "ROOKIE COP"

XBOX ONE GAMERTAG: CYNGOD
    PS4 GAMERTAG: CYNGOD

Half Man - Half Amazing

Forum Member

How do i register???? can't find the link

Forum Member

The applicant requirements is pretty vague on the website. Does anyone know what the application process is like? Is it the same at NYPD? Or is it like LAPD? On their website all it says is: # U.S. Citizenship
    # Minimum age 21
    # High School Graduate or G.E.D.
    # Good Physical and Mental Health
    # Pass a Vision and Hearing Test
    # Pass a Drug Screening Test
    # Sign a "Continue in Service" Agreement

I am absolutely sure they conduct a BI and a physical abilities test and a psych test, but it does not mention it. Is it safe to assume that it is the same as all other departments around the country? Or do they not do all of these things?

Thanks

Series 0083
    Quote Originally Posted by TheForce000 View Post
    I am absolutely sure they conduct a BI and a physical abilities test and a psych test, but it does not mention it. Is it safe to assume that it is the same as all other departments around the country? Or do they not do all of these things?
    Most departments here in the DC area just require you to pass a pre-employment physical. It is then up to you to pass the physical portion of the academy training.

The MWAA Police send their recruits to the Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Academy.

For those outside the region, please realize that this job is NOT in DC. You will be a Law Enforcement Officer in the Commonwealth of Virginia at MWAA's two airports in Northern Virginia.

Forum Member

Does airport police have jurisdiction outside of the airport or are they then like any civilian? Basically, as an airport police officer can you even arrest anyone outside of the airport otherwise you are pretty much a glorified security guard IMHO

Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gunnz View Post
    Does airport police have jurisdiction outside of the airport or are they then like any civilian? Basically, as an airport police officer can you even arrest anyone outside of the airport otherwise you are pretty much a glorified security guard IMHO
    Commonwealth of VA considers MWAA Airport Police just like every other Police Officer in the Commonwealth....

Forum Member

I sent in my application and resume a few days ago. Any idea when we could expect to hear back from someone? Anyone know if this is gonna be a typical LE hiring process that takes 1+ years or is it quicker?

Ireland for Ever

Its been about two weeks now and I havent heard anything. I have my 4 years degree and I have been in law enforcement now for 3 years so I guess I am eligible to have the written test waived. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from them?
    As a Corrections Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve my community; to safeguard the lives and property within my jurisdiction; to protect against deception, oppression or intimidation; to prevent violence or disorder; and to respect and preserve the constitutional rights of all.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard anything back from them?

Forum Member

Whats their pay like? any information on overtime and uniform allowance? Thanks

Ireland for Ever

Has anyone heard anything yet?? It's been a couple of months and I havent heard anything.
    As a Corrections Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve my community; to safeguard the lives and property within my jurisdiction; to protect against deception, oppression or intimidation; to prevent violence or disorder; and to respect and preserve the constitutional rights of all.

Forum Member

I just received a called half hour ago, I'm assuming for this position as It was a 701 area code and she mentioned something about airport police officer. I'm going to give her a call back on my lunch and try to clear up some of these questions for you guys. I'll report back later in the day.

Forum Member

Called her back and have some info for some of you guys who may be interested:

1: With a degree, no written test is required and you bypass right to the interview process.

2:There is NO physical Agility test.

3:All other LE test are true, medical, poly, FULL background investigation..etc.

4:They are looking to fill the academy for July.

I have to check my vacation to see if I am able to take off for work when they wanted me to come down, but with a bachelors, it looks like a great career to get into.

Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiman View Post
    poly
    No poly.....

Born Alone Die Alone
    I was scheduled for an interview with them on May 4th. Sounds good so far.
    NYPD "ROOKIE COP"

XBOX ONE GAMERTAG: CYNGOD
    PS4 GAMERTAG: CYNGOD

Half Man - Half Amazing

Forum Member

I have a bachelor's degree as well and really hope I hear back. When did you guys apply? I think I applied on Feb 22

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last