Page 4 of 153 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 ... LastLast
Like Tree974Likes

Thread: Postal Inspector Position

Forum Member
    3 clases next year (2011) 3 more on 2012... Now let me sit by the phone and wait for my paystub call....

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 14USC89a View Post
    3 clases next year (2011) 3 more on 2012... Now let me sit by the phone and wait for my paystub call....
    Did you get that info from an inside source? Any idea how many people are in a class?

Forum Member
    Very reliable source.
    MaybeFed likes this.

Forum Member
    I never thought I'd be back to this forum........but this is the Inspection Service we are talking about. :-) Good to see everyone is still hanging in there, gives those of us in the process for 3+ years a little more confidence. I too just got an email from recruitment asking if i was interested. I responded (yes of course) and the next morning i had and email asking to update my CAP. Thats pretty quick in PI terms. For those of you who are looking for a little confirmation about what USC said in regards to BIT classes....he is correct. I have monthly contact with a local inspector and he says that this hiring should continue, and that the agency looks pretty good all things considered. Now that we are back at this I do have 2 questions:

1.) I havent read anything about Assessment Centers being scheduled. Is there a possibility they cut them out of the process? It is kind of "unique", and also costs alot of money. With multiple classes scheduled in the coming years i would have thought id seen at least one post about an upcoming AC. Could they possibly have found a way to make hiring decisions without it?

2.) I was offered a job with the Border Patrol and turned it down. My entire clearance was completed. Are they just going to verify the updated SF-86 information (for the past 2 years) OR does it have to happen all over again.

Thanks and its good to see some movement!

Forum Member
    I doubt they will ever cut the AC out. It's their best tool to determine who can make it and who can't... I think the actual cost is small... With a good ROI... I will ask thou.

As far as the clearance... Is a completed over

Forum Member
    I doubt they will ever cut the AC out. It's their best tool to determine who can make it and who can't... I think the actual cost is small... With a good ROI... I will ask thou.

As far as the clearance... Is a completed over
    Have you heard if they will be conducting more ACs anytime soon? I haven't been through one yet....

Forum Member
    I will ask.

Forum Member
    Anyone have or know where to find current USPIS pay scales?

Forum Member
    Google: GS LEO PAY SCALE

Forum Member
    What grade and step can you expect to start at as a new PI?

Forum Member
    Google: GS LEO PAY SCALE

I was under the impression that the Postal Service has their own scales ( as well as benefits, leave, etc)?

Forum Member
    I will ask.
    Thanks man. Just kinda curious. Also just received an email today asking if I was still interested, even though I just updated my employment information with them a couple weeks ago.

Forum Member
    I spoke with my bud. He hasn’t heard anything about ACs in the near future...

As far as pay, they use the ISLE pay - which is parallel to the GS Pay.

They are bringing in people at the ISLE-10 (GS-10) level. They are (or were) doing pay match... for example, if you are making more than $69,673, you would come in as ISLE-10 Step 10...

Forum Member
    I spoke with my bud. He hasn’t heard anything about ACs in the near future...

As far as pay, they use the ISLE pay - which is parallel to the GS Pay.

They are bringing in people at the ISLE-10 (GS-10) level. They are (or were) doing pay match... for example, if you are making more than $69,673, you would come in as ISLE-10 Step 10...
    Darn. Thanks man!

Forum Member
    Just because my bud doesnt know, it doesnt mean that there are non planned thou...

Forum Member
    Does anyone know if annual leave and sick transfers over into the Postal Service (since it is own entity and not the Fed)?

Forum Member
    Both transfer.

Have you heard anything lately?

Forum Member
    Both transfer.

Have you heard anything lately?
    No, just what's written above.

Forum Member
    I heard there might be 4 classes in 2011.

Renaissance Man
    xxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by LawDog99; 09-08-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Forum Member
    Law dog, I need a copy of that form... Any way you could email me a copy??? Please???

Forum Member
    So I recently contacted them to obtain my status since I already had my updated BI. They told me, and I qoute "Your polygrapher will contact you when you polygrpah has been set up." Still doesn't really give me any timeline, but I guess my BI is completed and I am just waiting on the polygrapher. I am glad to see there might be 3 or 4 classess. I just wish I was set up for my second poly and MI. I sort of want this job! Thanks for all the updates and giving all of us applicants hope. Best of luck to all.

Forum Member
    It took them about 2 months between completing my BI and the call for my Poly... I moved in between those two so that may have been a factor. Took my poly about a week ago... I hope to get a call this week to go to my MI...

Forum Member
    It took them about 2 months between completing my BI and the call for my Poly... I moved in between those two so that may have been a factor. Took my poly about a week ago... I hope to get a call this week to go to my MI...
    Just a little update on info I'm hearing from the inside for you guys further along in the process than me. My contact advised the same thing regarding classes for 2011 as 14USC89a did. 2-3. He further stated that the applicant pool is pretty small due to the length of time that's passed since the last posting. As of last week, they were still working on weeding people out of the pool who were no longer interested or didn't respond to the interest email.

Sounds like many of you that are a ways through the process have a pretty good shot. Hopefully they'll get some AC's up and running so I can join you guys! Good luck everyone!

Forum Member
    Hello everyone,
    I have been reading your blogs for awhile now, however I just got permission to reply. I too have been in the waiting process for a long time now. I applied and took the initial test in 2003. After receiving word I past the test, I did not hear a thing until the summer of 07. At that time I went to the AC and completed my poly. I then had my BI, MI, and drug screen in December of 07. Once again, silence, until I finally got in touch with someone who informed me of the freeze. I heard back from them early this year starting my BI again. I had a poly follow up in August and MI in October. Since then I have not heard a thing. During my MI, the Inspector stated she had no idea when a class was going to start, but that they are in need of more Inspectors. I along with everyone else wish I knew more. I am also waiting on "the call" from another agency, I have been in their process for a little over a year now. Best of luck to all.

Page 4 of 153 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 ... LastLast