Page 1 of 84 12341151 ... Last
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: United States Park Police

Forum Member

United States Park Police

I guess I will start a new thread since the last one just vanished into thin air. Spooky!

Forum Member

It sucks that other thread disappeared. There was some great information in there.

Forum Member

I agree. There was a lot of great information in that thread.

For those of you that practiced the agility before the PEB, did you guys run faster or slower during the real thing. I have been getting between 16 and 16.5. Been using an indoor track, might try it on a basketball court next.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AGInvestigator View Post
    I agree. There was a lot of great information in that thread.

For those of you that practiced the agility before the PEB, did you guys run faster or slower during the real thing. I have been getting between 16 and 16.5. Been using an indoor track, might try it on a basketball court next.
    I practiced for a week before the PEB on an ashpalt basketball court. I was running it in about 18 flat and i ran slower(partially due to nerves partially due to the slippery as hell gym floor they used). I would get to a basketball court and practice if you can.
    NYPD Exam # 6093-List # 15xx
    NYS Trooper exam passed 90% List # 14xx
    Westchester County Police Exam # 60-003 List# 2xx

Forum Member

Thanks Das. You are coming down to Atlanta to re-test right?

Forum Member

I've been doing mine on a tennis court. I'm not sure what the surface will be like in Atlanta, so I hope it's not far off. I've been doing decent times, but in the thread that was deleted some of the guys said they used folding chairs instead of cones. I bet that throws your timing off a good bit.

Forum Member

can somebody tell me where i can find the numbers for medical? I wasn't given anything after the interview.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeTacMedic View Post
    can somebody tell me where i can find the numbers for medical? I wasn't given anything after the interview.
    They will call you to schedule you for your medical

Forum Member

The hell? somebody i was with during the interview said he is calling places now for the medical. Maybe he meant his doc to make sure he's ok for the med?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeTacMedic View Post
    The hell? somebody i was with during the interview said he is calling places now for the medical. Maybe he meant his doc to make sure he's ok for the med?
    Tac, I sent you a PM and I was running somewhere in the 16's during practice (outside tennis court), but when I did my agility I got 18, I would definitely recommend court shoes, I didn't use mine, and I didn't slide much, but that was also probably due to my running shoes being fairly new. I'd give court shoes a real look into.
    Alphabet soup.....yummmmmmmm

Forum Member

I am going to bring a pair of cross trainers and my running shoes. I have practiced the agility with both. Someone in the previous thread said Atlanta's agility was done inside on carpet. If thats the case I dont think sliding will be an issue. I agree that folding chairs could throw off your time a bit.

Forum Member

i called Sgt. Sommers about a week ago to ask a few questions about the ATL peb, and he told me that the agility would be on a "gym floor" and they would also be using chairs.

So, anyone that has taken the PEB at the Atlanta airport Marriott, can you tell us what the deal is?

Agility- carpet, gym floor?

1.5mi- track, road course?

mainly id like an idea of what shoes to wear for the agility. i dont exactly have "court shoes". i wore a pair of high top Vans because i thought their concern was making black marks all over their floor, as they kept making comments about that at the written. at the PEB, they asked a few people why they didnt have court shoes on, and told them that the reason they ask for court shoes is because other shoes arent made for lateral movement. well, i dont care what other shoes are "made for", i know i can move better in cross trainers than i can in hightop Vans with no arch support...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SportsterChop View Post
    i called Sgt. Sommers about a week ago to ask a few questions about the ATL peb, and he told me that the agility would be on a "gym floor" and they would also be using chairs.

So, anyone that has taken the PEB at the Atlanta airport Marriott, can you tell us what the deal is?

Agility- carpet, gym floor?

1.5mi- track, road course?

mainly id like an idea of what shoes to wear for the agility. i dont exactly have "court shoes". i wore a pair of high top Vans because i thought their concern was making black marks all over their floor, as they kept making comments about that at the written. at the PEB, they asked a few people why they didnt have court shoes on, and told them that the reason they ask for court shoes is because other shoes arent made for lateral movement. well, i dont care what other shoes are "made for", i know i can move better in cross trainers than i can in hightop Vans with no arch support...
    I was 100% surprised how slippery the gym floor really was, I saw so many people slide, and slide far, but I still didn't see too many people wearing "court" shoes..I hadn't ran in mine much and when I did I felt slow and clunky, I guess its really down to preference, and risking it but they definitely make a difference (court shoes) in cutting/traction.
    Alphabet soup.....yummmmmmmm

Forum Member
    Thanks Das. You are coming down to Atlanta to re-test right?
    yah man, gotta do it, Ill see you down there.

Forum Member

Anybody had their references checked? I just scheduled medical... but I had to wait about a month to get an appointment.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot914 View Post
    yah man, gotta do it, Ill see you down there.
    dang, gonna be peeps from all over heading to GA! see you there!

Forum Member

+1 ATL - Feb 13

Forum Member

Just got back from the gym where I practiced the agility on a basketball court and had someone time me. I used some court shoes and chairs instead of cones. The court shoes did help, but I would definitely recommend breaking them in. My times were a little slower due to the chairs, between 16.3 and 16.8.

Forum Member
    Just got back from the gym where I practiced the agility on a basketball court and had someone time me. I used some court shoes and chairs instead of cones. The court shoes did help, but I would definitely recommend breaking them in. My times were a little slower due to the chairs, between 16.3 and 16.8.
    it seems like youll be fine when it comes down to it, how are u doing the start are u pushing up then running or pushing off some how, i know that is whats killing me.

Forum Member

Just to double check, is this the correct layout for the agility course?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmDnaZVXlko

And no that's not me in the video.

Forum Member

You are supposed to start on the left side of the cone usually. Also, you lay flat on your stomach with your feet together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xP6b...eature=related

I think that link is a better representation of what it is.

Das, when you start you should try to make sure that when you push up you are starting the forward momentum. Dont get up and then start running.

Troll Patrol
    You guys are really working yourselves up into a frenzy over this agility test.

Yes, it sucks. But its entirely doable. Don't get your heads too wrapped around it, there's other things in the process to be worried about than a bunch of cones/chairs.

Forum Member

Oh trust me, I'm plenty worried about everything else. But I'd hate to not even reach that stage of the process because of the agility test, which everyone has been saying is the toughest part of the PEB for them.

Forum Member

Does anyone know the deal on LASIK? If I have this done during the hiring process will it disqualify me? (havent taken PEB yet).

Troll Patrol
    Quote Originally Posted by futuretrooper08 View Post
    Does anyone know the deal on LASIK? If I have this done during the hiring process will it disqualify me? (havent taken PEB yet).
    I would speak directly to one of the background investigators about it, but you should be ok. I had my PRK surgery (same result, different approach to LASIK) during my hiring process and I was ok.

Page 1 of 84 12341151 ... Last