Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Forum Member

What Gun Does Your Department Use

What department are you with and what gun does your department issue you to use as your side arm? Are there any other firearms you are permitted to carry while on duty?

Forum Member
    Pennsylvania Game Commission duty side arm Glock model 31 .357 SIG with night sights. Officers are issued side firearms Deputie Officers must purchase their own.
    Officers may carry a Glock Model 31, 32, or 33 as a backup gun (purchased by officer)
    Officers can carry a 12 gauge pump shot gun with rifled sights (Buck Shot & Slugs). Officers are issued a Remington 870.
    Last edited by THINGREENLINE; 01-20-2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Updated

Salty Dog

We are issued the Glock 22; we have the option to have night sights and a tac light. Plainclothes can carry a 23 or 27.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Forum Member

We are issued Glock 21's . We can carry whatever we want as a BUG. We are also issued Rem 870's and Bushmaster or Colt AR's
    Last edited by mooseyard; 01-19-2010 at 10:46 AM. Reason: phix speling air oars
    "My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Former Devil Dog
    2008 marked the year that the MSP rolled out the SIG P226R-DAK (.40) to the field to replace their fleet of SIG P226 DA/SA (.40). Plain clothes and command officers can be issued a SIG P229R-DAK instead of the 226.

The MSP also issues all its members the Smith & Wesson Model 640 (.357 Magnum) as a BUG.

For long guns we have Colt 6920's and Remington 870's.

Last edited by 7th District; 01-19-2010 at 11:28 AM.
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." - Teddy Roosevelt

Disclaimer: The opinions I express here are mine and mine alone. They are not intended to reflect the positions/opinions of any other known person(s) or organization(s).

Forum Member

Northern California Probation Department...Glock 22 or 23. Used to be able to carry my Kimber Pro Carry...but we went to a one weapon platform six years ago. It was tough going from a 1911 to a Glock...but I've learned to love the ugly thing!! She ain't pretty...but truly indestructible...and never fails.

Forum Member
    issued is sig p220 with night sights and crimson trace grips, a remington 870, and colt m16a2 if the armory has one.

we are permitted to carry a different firearm as long as the brand and caliber is on the fairly large approved list. i chose to tuck away all the issued guns in my safe and not carry any firearm issued by the agency.

Forum Member

We have a list of appoved manufacturers and calibers that we can buy from. We own our own guns.

Glock
    Kimber
    Colt
    Smith and Wesson M&P
    Beretta
    Sig

9mm, 40. S/W, .45
    I have the heart of a child..................................No really, it is in a jar on my desk.

Forum Member

VSP Sig P229 .357, 12 guage, M-4

Turd Wrangler
    Richmond, VA PD Sigpro 2340 in .357, but likely to change to Sig 229 DAK in .357 in the near future...
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Forum Member

H&K P2000 .40cal

Ready 4 Zombie Apocalypse
    Glock 17 or 19 (9mm, Cleveland PD)
    The only time you can have too much ammunition is when you're swimming or on fire

Resident Misanthrope
    Primary weapon must be .45 caliber. We are issued Red Dot carry ammo.

BUG can be anything we want.
    Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Forum Member

Our agency has recently adopted the one gun principal.

Uniform duty: Glock 22 or 23.
    Plain clothes: 22,23 or 27.

Secondary weapon: 22,23 or 27.
    Our agency does not currently issue secondary weapons and does not issue 27's at all. If you want a secondary, you must purchase and qaulify with it.

I currently carry the 22 and the 27 as a secondary.

You may opt to carry a Remington 870 Shotgun(Agency issued) or purchase your own patrol rifle. The only model patrol rifle approved is the AR-15 .223 Colt, Bushmaster or Rock River. Again, you must qualify annually to carry.

Click it or Ticket!!!
    G22, Remington 870, and Colt M16A1

Deputy Sheriff
    S&W M&P40. BUGs not issued.

Forum Member
    Issued a Glock 37 45 GAP. carry a G39, also a 45 GAP, as a back up. We have to purchase our own backup/off duty and qualify with it. PSP

Band-aid jockey
    Barrett M82A1....getting back pain though.

Forum Member

Sig 226 with tac light and night sights. remington 870 with tac light and sling. ar 15 with sling. california sheriff office

Forum Member

Uniformed patrol carry the Beretta 90two in 9x19, lights required and laser optional. Plainclothes, detectives and sdministration can carry whatever.

Our S.O.P. forbids use of a backup weapon.

Forum Member
    All officers issued Glock 22 (2nd Generation) w/night sights. We can add laser or rail light at own expense. BUGS can be same caliber or smaller.
    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Forum Member

US Park Police .40 caliber H&K P200 or USP with night sights and tac light, SWAT officers are authroized the H&K in .45, Remington 870 with either slug or 00 buck, M-16 or M-4 carbine.

Numerous off duty handguns are authorized in caliber 9, 40, or 45.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by THINGREENLINE View Post
    Pennsylvania Game Commission duty side arm Glock model 31 .357 SIG with night sights. Full time officers are issued deputies must purchase their own.
    Officers may carry a Glock Model 31, 32, or 33 as a backup gun.
    Officers can carry a 12 gauge pump shot gun with rifled sights. Full time officers are issued a Remington 870.
    I bought an IAC Hawk model 982 12 gauge shotgun. Was half the cost of the Remington 870.

I would have went with a Remington, Mossberg, or Ithaca 37, cant beat these weapons for reliability..

I do not know the track record of the Interstate Arms S/G's

Forum Member

Glock 22. Light is optional. No other duty weapons are permitted.

A BUG is optional. It must be department-approved (on a case-by-case basis), personally-purchased, and the officer must qualify with it.

Forum Member

Sig Sauer P229, .40 S&W, with night sights and rail-mounted flashlight

Remington 870 shotguns (for those with no AR's)

And for people that go through the training, Colt AR-15's, and then modified Remington 870's that shoot bean-bag rounds for less-lethal

Page 1 of 3 123 Last