Forum Member

Shoe Print Identification

I'm looking for a shoe print identifier resource.

I have a few pictures of a shoe/shoe print used in a robbery. I'm able to identify the manufacturer, just not the model shoe. Does anyone have any resources used to identify something like this?

I have contacted the manufacturer, but have not received a response.

Senior Veteran
    Have you thought of going to Foot Locker?
    Do your best, do what is right, win the fight, go home.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    -whoever the hell said it and however the hell it was said

Billygoats will again rule the world!

http://www.indy.gov/EGOV/IMPD/Pages/home.aspx
    www.humanclock.com
    http://www.cafepress.com/dogs_of_war/900868

In the Evil Village...

Contact the FBI, I know that they have resources on shoe prints. Keep trying with the manufacturer also.

Forum Member

PM inbound

Forum Member

Wow, a link would be awesome...but unlikely. We usually just check shoe stores, take peeks at (and photos if they let us) likely suspect's shoes on FIs, etc.

Forum Member

The website Zappos.com has tons of shoes w/ pics of the shoe from various angles, inc. the bottoms. If you know who makes them its pretty easy to narrow it down from there. I've used it on several occasions and it seems to work for me. I've also sent prints to the FBI for id, which worked too, but it took 10 months get the info back. Stay safe!

Infiltration Unit
    Somebody beat me to the punch on the Zappos reference. PM me and I can send you the contact at Nike investigations, he helped me tremendously on a burglary just two days ago. If you need that contact or want it for future reference, email me at georgetime@trashmail.net
    Be dangerous, and unpredictable... and make a lot of noise. - John Bush, Anthrax circa 1993

Forum Member

Wow, I can even imagine how many different shoe tread patterns exist in the world.
    I have the heart of a child..................................No really, it is in a jar on my desk.

Forum Member

Cool I can provide the shoeprint source

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Resisting View Post
    I'm looking for a shoe print identifier resource.

I have a few pictures of a shoe/shoe print used in a robbery. I'm able to identify the manufacturer, just not the model shoe. Does anyone have any resources used to identify something like this?

I have contacted the manufacturer, but have not received a response.
    I am currently working on a forensic science company in china. We have huge shoeprints database, and our company provide the automatic shoeprint identification service. If you still need help. Contact me.

cheers,
    Bo

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bob-bubu View Post
    I am currently working on a forensic science company in china. We have huge shoeprints database, and our company provide the automatic shoeprint identification service. If you still need help. Contact me.

cheers,
    Bo
    Bo, before anyone else says something about bring back such an old thread, I want to say thank you for the offer of your service. I may possibly have a need for it; if so, how can I contact you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceridwen View Post
    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowwhy View Post
    Bo, before anyone else says something about bring back such an old thread, I want to say thank you for the offer of your service. I may possibly have a need for it; if so, how can I contact you?
    This is my email: boblee.uk@gmail.com

If you need any help, please give me a email. I will try my best to help you.

Bo

Forum Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowwhy View Post
    By the way, I will attend IACP in Oct 22. And I will show our automatic shoeprint identification system there. Booth#2737. Hopefully see you in Chicago.