Forum Member

Any Current or Former Federal, SF-50-Savvy Employees Out There

I need a Federal Identification Code (FIC) for a form I am filling out and am supposed to be able to find it on my SF-50. The only three-digit numerical code I can find is in box 5-a, but a guide I used seems to indicate that isn't it.

Any ideas?
    Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.

Forum Member

Patrullero
    Quote Originally Posted by blargh View Post
    SF-50?

*gurk!*

That brought back some bureaucratic nightmares... Next you'll be asking how to remember the 10 different passwords you have to have that expire every 30 days with totally complex requirements.
    The password has to start with a letter. There needs to be both upper and lower case letters in your password. In positions 5-8 of the password there needs to be a number. Also a special character is required for your password. Oh and the minimum length of the password must be 12 characters long. It expires after 60 days and you can not use any of the past 10 passwords that you have used in the past.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Forum Member
    I searched the above website without success.

I think the issue may be this is a state form asking for something on a federal form that may not be what the federal government actually calls something.

In other words, it might be one of many federal identification codes, but NOT a specific "Federal Identification Code" (all words capitalized), if that makes sense.

Since the state form deals with unemployment insurance, it's likely the three-digit code I found in box 5-a, which appears to be a termination of employment code.

Oh, and thanks for the lightheartedness. It was a nice addition to my dreary day of trying to phone a state agency which is also the most popular state agency at this particular time.

I don't have to turn in the form right away, so keep the ideas coming.
    Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.