Forum Member

Brevard County Sheriff

Does anyone know if they're actively hiring or just accepting applications? If they are hiring, any idea how many positions?

Does anyone work for them? What do you think of the department?

Thanks

Forum Member

I've heard they just hired 30 people and they still have openings. I dont not work there although i have talked to people that work there, and they all say they wouldn't work any where else. Its a good ageny and they have a top notch Sheriff.

The Inevitable
    I've been called for an Oral Board with BCSO, but I've rescheduled for a later date. Seems like a great agency, and I heard the Sheriff supports his deputies.

Forum Member

I applied a few weeks ago, and haven't heard anything back. When did you apply Gringe?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcope View Post
    I applied a few weeks ago, and haven't heard anything back. When did you apply Gringe?
    Not speaking for Gringe, but my application took almost a year from start to finish (I could just be an outlier) After completing the oral board, it took about 4 1/2 months to complete backgrounds, PAT test, poly, etc, to finally get on.

Forum Member

Ok thanks for the info synstsia.

Overly Opinionated
    The Brevard Police Academy just graduated a record class of 69 people. Almost half have received jobs in the county already. Not looking good for hiring in this county right now...
    I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
    - Mark Twain

The Inevitable
    They called me today and scheduled my oral board for this Friday, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Forum Member
    soon as i am able to.....i am gonna head up that way and have a few laugh's with my buddy ...j.r. parker....we known each other for 26 years...
    his...i.d # was 220....i was...221..........
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringe View Post
    They called me today and scheduled my oral board for this Friday, I'll let you all know how it goes.
    How'd it go?

dang!

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyDiver View Post
    The Brevard Police Academy just graduated a record class of 69 people. Almost half have received jobs in the county already. Not looking good for hiring in this county right now...
    Only about 18 of us got jobs. the rest are still looking. Sucks for jobs in our area.

Forum Member
    Can anyone tell me what that thing on top of all their lightbars is? I'm guessing it's the siren speaker?

Forum Member
    ...spotlight. I was down there this weekend and I believe I saw a newer car without one so maybe they will eventually be phased out. Synstsia?
    "Inside me is something that is too stupid to quit. I don't know where it comes from or why it is, but it is there and always has been."

Overly Opinionated
    They're the spotlights. Most cars have them on the drivers side. These, I believe, are remotely controlled. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. One thing is for sure, they look goofy as hell.
    I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
    - Mark Twain

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyDiver View Post
    They're the spotlights. Most cars have them on the drivers side. These, I believe, are remotely controlled. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. One thing is for sure, they look goofy as hell.
    LOL seconded. Tallahassee PD has them too...
    Last edited by JingleHeimrJify; 03-15-2010 at 08:44 AM.
    "Inside me is something that is too stupid to quit. I don't know where it comes from or why it is, but it is there and always has been."

Forum Member
    ...ahh ok thanks

Forum Member
    How long did it take to hear something after you submitted the initial app?

Forum Member

I handed mine in probably 4 months ago, and have yet to hear anything. I spoke with the lady from career development, she said with the amount of applications they get it takes a while.