Forum Member

Officer Down- Deputy Bruce Sutton, Jefferson County Sheriff

Rest in Peace Bruce. Very sad...

http://www.madisoncamerunning.com/

Forum Member
    Thoughts and prayers to his family as well, especially around this time of year.

Forum Member
    RIP Brother! My prayers to his family!
    “Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”- Viktor Frankl

"Any views, opinions, or statements made are not the views of any police department, government agency, or entity that I may or may not work for. Further more the views expressed are solely those of he who made them."

Forum Member
    That name sounds really familiar. Was his father a sheriff down in that area?

Retired Lawdog
    "Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they shall see God".

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
    Toby Keith

Forum Member
    Thoughts and Prayers with his family and friends
    The most important things in life are worth fighting for.

<--------- RAAAAAR!!!

Forum Member
    RIP We will keep his family in our thoughts and prayers

I not positive but I think he went to the academy with one of our officers.

OH NO IT'S FIVE-O!
    Very sad indeed. Anyone know details of the accident? Speed, weather, etc? I heard he was coming over a hillcrest and met an oncoming vehicle?
    Quote Originally Posted by K40 View Post
    To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
    ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Forum Member
    From Madison Courier Website

Thursday’s Funeral
    • The funeral procession will be from Madison Consolidated High School to Wilson Drive; from Wilson to State Road 7; from Lanier Drive to Cragmont Street; from Cragmont to Main Street; from Main to Broadway Street; from Broadway to Vaughn Drive; from Vaughn Drive to Walnut Street; from Walnut to Main Street; from Main Street to U.S. 421; from U.S. 421 to Old Michigan Road; from Old Michigan Road to New Marion Cemetery. Stops will be made at Walnut and Main streets and U.S. 421 and State Road 62 for ceremonial procedures. It will take one hour and 13 minutes to make the complete route with the funeral procession.

• Motorists will not be allowed to park on Walnut Street from Main Street to Vaughn Drive and on Vaughn Drive from Broadway to Walnut. streets due to the funeral procession on Thursday.

• The administration offices of the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department will be closed on Thursday for the funeral.

• The sheriff's department is asking all local residents and businesses with flags to fly their flags at half-staff in honor of Sutton. State and federal offices in the area have already complied with the request.

• The public can show its support along the streets of the funeral procession by waving flags, holding up signs, taking off hats, placing a hand over their hearts and hand salute for those in uniform until the family car passes by in the funeral procession.

• More than 1,000 white carnations will be ordered for members of law enforcement to wear during Sutton's funeral.

• So far, several local and nationally-owned businesses have donated food and services for Sutton's funeral.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PtlCop View Post
    Very sad indeed. Anyone know details of the accident? Speed, weather, etc? I heard he was coming over a hillcrest and met an oncoming vehicle?

Here is couple articles from the Madison (Jefferson County) Newspaper website.

http://madisoncourier.com/main.asp?F...bSectionID=961

http://madisoncourier.com/main.asp?F...bSectionID=301