Forum Member

School Zone speed limit

A few days ago I was pulled over in school zone for going 30 mph in a 25 mph. The hours that the school zone speed limit are in effect are 7 AM until 7 PM. The regular speed limit is 30 mph during non school zone hours. I was pulled over at 19:43 (7:43), 43 minutes after the school zone time ended and resumed the regular speed limit of 30. I tried asking him why I was getting a school zone speeding ticket 45 minutes after the zone had expired and that seemed to anger him. Did I do something wrong by questioning his decision to pull me over? I thought if I had just pointed that fact out I could have saved him time and paperwork. (I was in the Army for 4.5 years and I hated paperwork) I would like to know what other LEO's think of this situation.

Forum Member
    So why are you questioning a LEO and asking more LEOs questions on this forum when you didn't like the other responce?
    You don't have a life, significant other do you?
    How do we know you are a real photo journalist?
    How do you know if something is worthy of journalism and photography?
    What is a photo journalist?
    Can you take pictures of people's houses? You can't take pictures of my house!
    You didn't take a good picture of that _____.
    You're not a real photo journalist?
    I bet you get promoted based on the number of pictures you take.
    You couldn't be a photo journalist in a real city.
    I bet you didn't finish high school did you?
    You don't know *&^% about photo juornalism!

Get the idea?
    If you were asked stupid questions / statements like this day in and day out would you start to get an attitude over time?
    I bet you recieved specialized training and or schooling in your profession and are an experienced professional. Law enforcement officers also have specialized training/ schooling and experience in their profession. So to answer your question I wasn't there but would bet he was doing what he believed was allowed under the law. However we are all human and therefore prone to make mistakes. We all have bad days from time to time. Even photo journalists make mistakes. So if the LEO did make a mistake go to court and argue your case with the judge. But first make sure you didn't make a mistake in your judgement.
    Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
    President Ronald Reagan

All we ask is to be let alone.
    President Jefferson Davis

Forum Member
    If its outside of the time of the school zone, go to court and they'll drop it.

The side of the road isn't the place to argue a ticket, the court is.

Have gun......will travel
    Probably because you don't have Health Insurance!
    "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by photog81 View Post
    The hours that the school zone speed limit are in effect are 7 AM until 7 PM.
    This isn't a typo is it? Our school zones are normally 7AM-9AM and 2PM-4PM. A 12 hour zone limit just doesn't seem right. And that sorry POS cited you for doing 5 over the speed limit? That sadistic bastard!

Salty Dog

Our school zone signs say "when children are present". No kids visible, then the regular speed limit applies.

To the OP - if you disagree with the ticket, contest it in court. Don't come to a law enforcement website and ask law officers for advice on getting out of it.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Forum Member

We have the flashing yellow lights, I hate the school zones with the times posted.
    I have the heart of a child..................................No really, it is in a jar on my desk.