Forum Member

Driving While Barred question....

How long does that charge sta yon your record and can it be expunged? It's cost me two jobs so far..Yes it's my own fault I know but its frustrating...

Chad

Crime Fighter

It's an Aggravated so that prolly won't sit well....it's on there for good..some jobs will ony go back 3-5yrs..that would be ur best hope.

Crime Fighter

It's an Aggravated so that prolly won't sit well....it's on there for good..some jobs will ony go back 3-5yrs..that would be ur best hope.

Crime Fighter

Forum Member

I assume you are saying it cost you two law enforcement jobs? Criminal history usually goes back 12 years but they are going to ask about any violations, so if you're truthful it will come out anyway.

Driving while barred is aggravated in itself, but what led to you being barred in the first place? That many or that serious of violations isn't going to help show good decision making ability...
    Last edited by criminalarrest; 10-31-2009 at 04:33 AM. Reason: spelling error

Forum Member

If its a Law Enforcement job you're looking for, then the driving while barred will be a pretty big flag and as such its going to take a long time for this to be over looked.

Add this to the fact there are a lot of people trying to get into the field with spotless records, you are facing an uphill battle. I'm not saying it can't be done, but that DWB thing is a big roadblock to getting hired.

As IA trooper said, it shows decision making ability. I have never seen or heard of the state barring someone on the first offense. They give you a couple chances to obey their restrictions before they bar you from driving.

It's Complicated
    Quote Originally Posted by covman454 View Post
    If its a Law Enforcement job you're looking for, then the driving while barred will be a pretty big flag and as such its going to take a long time for this to be over looked.

Add this to the fact there are a lot of people trying to get into the field with spotless records, you are facing an uphill battle. I'm not saying it can't be done, but that DWB thing is a big roadblock to getting hired.

As IA trooper said, it shows decision making ability. I have never seen or heard of the state barring someone on the first offense. They give you a couple chances to obey their restrictions before they bar you from driving.
    Yea like 3 or 4 pages of convictions (or a couple REALLY big ones) before the bar hits you. ..........................and that is normally after at least 2 Driving Under Suspension tickets.

My gut is the OP is not looking for a job in LE....................that DWB situation will keep you from getting a lot of jobs because in today's mobile society, there is lots of travel and if you can't get insurance ...........you can't drive the company car.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - no matter how good you are, the pigeon will still crap all over the board and strut around like it won anyway."

I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc

I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

Forum Member

One job yes with the local pd, the other was a job for Speedee Delivery. Yes I was a moron back then didnt listen to anybody and yes it has caught up to me. Ive got a pretty much spotless driving record now for the past 5 years, one seatbelt and a window tinting fine.

I was just wondering if it ever goes away or can be expunged. But you guys have been helpful and I thank you.

Chad