HAHA doubleduce won't give up...I told him BAD IDEA a while back! It's not the same as it was 10 years ago or hell even 3. When people refer to you as the NON r tard as oppossed to the good officer...somethings wrong with the place lol. They had a chief that destroyed the place over several years and now it's beyond repair unless another old school OKC guy comes in. All the decent people that can have left for other agencies.
Hello, I know this message thread had been dead for a while but I noticed no one from The Oklahoma City Housing Authority has had a change to speak on it, so allow me to set a few things straight. First let me say I am currently working for O.C.H.A. so I know what I'm talking about. I will start by simple stating a few facts.
1. OCHA Officers are security guards as noted in the OCHA bylaws, and the job title.
2. Although OCHA security guards are security guards, they are not privately owned. OCHA is a political subdivision of the city ran by commissioners appointed by the Mayor. As such OCHA Officer CAN be sewed for violating an individuals rights as a government employee.
3. Yes, there was a point in a time when OCHA was almost shut down. And yes, there had been some bad apples that came through OCHA that made some problems for the department.
4. However, things are not the same now. We have a new Chief Flanagan. A retired OCPD Lt.
5. We have our own training program now with Training Officers.
6. Many of our training classes have been thought by OCPD instructors. In the past year or so, I have personally gone through a Gang class thought by Sgt. Hawk with Gang Task Force, qualified shooting on OCPD's Range under OCPD Lt. Kelam, and went through a mock custody and control class with some OCPD institutors. I don't remember their names sorry.
7. OCHA is security yes... but it is also the best security job you could EVER hope to get.
8. In 4 years I have been shot at two times, almost ran over once, seen two people shot in front of me, seen more dead bodies then a care to talk about, and have some of the funniest stories of all my police friend.
In the end it basically comes down to this. OCHA is the best security job you can ever get, But it is not a police job and if you come to it thinking you can make it a police department you will only leave it frustrated and upset.