Page 103 of 143 First ... 3 53 93 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 113 ... Last
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: Atlanta PD

Forum Member

I hope so!!! I'm the only recruit in my office now, miss the team-mates.

Forum Member

I hope so too! Lol

Forum Member

people are being processed weekly. i highly suggest you guys start working out and can run a mile 1/2 under 1330.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aerohead View Post
    I called back in August and September and I was told to "be patient." I just keep the count going because I find it shocking how unprofessional it is for a department to keep someone on the line for almost a year without an answer. So basically, I update for sh**s and giggles.
    Hey fellow Mitten-er =P I just got my start date (this coming Thursday), and I turned in my app in early November. You really really need to give them a call if you are serious about it. Let them know how long it has been, and that you have been patient. Or just show up at the next recruiting event (they are like every week). Best of luck!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangler1486 View Post
    I hope so!!! I'm the only recruit in my office now, miss the team-mates.
    I process in on Thursday =) Look forward to meeting you!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ldscriminology View Post
    I guess it depends on where you're from, everyone's has been different. Some way shorter than others but here is my timeline:

May 10th: Job Fair/written exam
    Oct. 10th: Pysical agility, cvsa, and fingerprints
    Feb 10th: conditional offer
    Feb 16th: Psych. Interview and Medical
    now just waiting on final offer...I'm an out of state applicant so I figured my process would take a while anyways. But good luck!
    Hey, we did our psych and medical around the same time (I did mine 2/28), just wondering if you got your final offer. I was called by the Sgt. last Saturday. Hope you hear soon!

Forum Member

took my CVSA and Pysch on Feb 21...still waiting for the final offer

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady M View Post
    took my CVSA and Pysch on Feb 21...still waiting for the final offer
    When I was talking with the Sgt., he said he would be out of town at an event the week I process in (This coming week), so perhaps that is why you havnt gotten a call. I also confirmed the other day with my BI that I am still on for Thursday, and he knew all the details. Maybe you should call your BI and follow-up? I dont know how close other people are with their BI's, but mine has been amazing. I can call him any time with just silly questions and he does everything he can to help. He stopped by at my CVSA to say hi. I injured my hand (in a stupid accident), and he was genuinely upset that I was being set back =P Anyway, I'm sure you will get the call soon!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KWilson View Post
    Hey, we did our psych and medical around the same time (I did mine 2/28), just wondering if you got your final offer. I was called by the Sgt. last Saturday. Hope you hear soon!
    Aaw congratulations!!! Yea I am still waiting haven't gotten a call just yet buuut still waiting anxiously and patiently lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ldscriminology View Post
    Aaw congratulations!!! Yea I am still waiting haven't gotten a call just yet buuut still waiting anxiously and patiently lol
    Thanks =) Good luck!
    Last edited by KWilson; 03-25-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Forum Member

I called back in August and September and I was told to "be patient." I just keep the count going because I find it shocking how unprofessional it is for a department to keep someone on the line for almost a year without an answer. So basically, I update for sh**s and giggles.
    You need to call the office and ask to speak with the Lt.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlPDRecruiter View Post
    You need to call the office and ask to speak with the Lt.
    Thanks! I will do that on my days off this week.

Forum Member

Anybody else get their call? Just wondering if anyone else will be coming in with me Thursday

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by O. Ledesma View Post
    class 225 starts today
    are you in it, or still waiting patiently?

Forum Member

no sir, I should be in 226. congrats!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by O. Ledesma View Post
    no sir, I should be in 226. congrats!
    congrats =) Is 226 already full?

Forum Member

I went to their recruiting event in February of 2011 and finally got a phone call last week. This was after several attempts of calling them to which they would always say "be patient". In the mean time, I had already gotten hired by a great department, their loss...

All I can say is be very, very patient... As in a years worth of patience. And yes, I was an out of state applicant.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KKakes View Post
    congrats =) Is 226 already full?
    i'm that I don't know but it will be for sure when it starts in two months
    people are being processed every week

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somescreename04 View Post
    I went to their recruiting event in February of 2011 and finally got a phone call last week. This was after several attempts of calling them to which they would always say "be patient". In the mean time, I had already gotten hired by a great department, their loss...

All I can say is be very, very patient... As in a years worth of patience. And yes, I was an out of state applicant.
    I'm in the same boat - I went in April of last year.....still no call....haven't bothered calling again in a while because I'm not sure I want to work for them anymore....

Forum Member

I'm in the same boat - I went in April of last year.....still no call....haven't bothered calling again in a while because I'm not sure I want to work for them anymore....
    Look, I was originally an out of state (I have been in GA since Dec.), however, I followed up with them about 3 months after putting my application in. And then I kept calling back ever week or so. If you really want a job, you push for it. I know I was a highly competitive applicant (I have a BA, MA, and lots of work exp.), but I was the one who kept pushing. They want to see that you will follow up. You arent following up all that much. You keep posting about how long it has been, and even the recruiter on the forum told you to call the LT. The small background unit at APD processes literally thousands of apps a year. You have to make yourself stand out. I know contacting them can be really frustrating (I just went through it), but its worth it. I processed in today, and am really excited to be working for such a large law enforcement agency. Sure, Ill probably be on admin duty for 5-6 months, but its full time pay with benifits! In this economy... I count it as a blessing. Bottom line: yes, it can be a slow process, but it is what you make of it. Why dont you try applying to NYPD and get back to us about that process... that is in 2 years when they finally figure out they got your app in the mail :P Talk about a long process. I know people who were still trying to get hired there after FOUR years! Just saying...

Forum Member

lol so youre one of the 15 who started today

welcome

Forum Member

GOT MY CALL TODAY!!!!!!! I start week after next.. and yes i agree persistence is key!!!! Thanks for the tips,advice and encourgaing words!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady M View Post
    GOT MY CALL TODAY!!!!!!! I start week after next.. and yes i agree persistence is key!!!! Thanks for the tips,advice and encourgaing words!!!
    I'm very happy for you girl!!! I'm excited for anyone who makes it, but yea I guess that is what I might have to do also. Well I already planned on calling them last week but never got to it but will definitely call my BI in the a.m. But congratulations again to all of you who made it!! :-)

Forum Member

If they told me, right off the bat that I wouldn't be receiving a phone call for a year, then you might have a point. However, the recruiters told me they'd call me within a couple of weeks. And even trying to get a real person (who knows what they're talking about) on the phone is a feat in and of itself. Again, it makes no difference to me, in fact I'm much happier with the agency i'm with now anyway. My biggest gripe with them is their outright lack of communication.

Forum Member

You guys have really been helpful.
    Last edited by arrojado3; 06-03-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Page 103 of 143 First ... 3 53 93 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 113 ... Last