Comic Relief Expert

Fender Bender Question

Hey everyone, quick question here. My friend's brother got into a fender bender and it was his fault, the person he hit wants to go through insurance and my friend asked me if there would be a point or two against his license? I wasn't sure how to answer this question, can anyone help me out please?

Thank You
    Next Generation Officer

Forum Member

Was he cited? No citation = no points. However, depending on the ins. co., that doesn't mean his rates won't go up

Comic Relief Expert
    That's what I told him but I said i wasn't sure, so I said I wasn't 100% on that answer, but I'm sure his rates will go up since the other driver is choosing to go through insurance

edit: sorry forgot to say..there was no citation
    Last edited by NextGenOfc; 08-13-2009 at 05:55 PM.
    Next Generation Officer

Police Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by just joe View Post
    Was he cited? No citation = no points. However, depending on the ins. co., that doesn't mean his rates won't go up
    ^^ yup ^^

Comic Relief Expert
    Thanks officers I appreciate your help a lot!
    Next Generation Officer

PSP Ret.

There are two different point systems in play here. The first is the one administered by the state and as has been stated is tied to convictions of moving violations. No citation = no points.

The second is the mysterious point system run by the insurance companies. This one is affected by citations for moving violations and involvements in crashes. Whether on not you friend was cited once a claim is filed he has earned at least one point on his insurance record. This point system is used by insurance conpanies to determine rates.
    When Society makes war on its police, it better be prepared to make friends of its criminals.