Thread: Mobile cop

Mobile cop

Anybody using mobile cop on their MDT. I know OCSO and a few agencies in that area use it...Any pros or cons? Cost/benifit? Any help and educated opinions would be great thanks
    You can't fix stupid!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigTrey37 View Post
    Anybody using mobile cop on their MDT. I know OCSO and a few agencies in that area use it...Any pros or cons? Cost/benifit? Any help and educated opinions would be great thanks
    When I was looking into it on my own for my old agency I believe I was told that the initial program and setup was free if one contacted OCSO. They would hook you up with the software and host the system on their own. This was early last year so things may have changed but that is what I was advised then.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZGXtreme View Post
    When I was looking into it on my own for my old agency I believe I was told that the initial program and setup was free if one contacted OCSO. They would hook you up with the software and host the system on their own. This was early last year so things may have changed but that is what I was advised then.
    That is correct. I work for OCSO and we have a LT that basically runs the database and programming for the state. He talks way above any of our heads when questioned about it. If you would like his info to contact him, he is the best resource your going to find. Price, costs, software, setup, training, etc.

Forum Member

I think Edmond has the same system as OCSO, I could be wrong. I think they are looking to upgrading their sytem.
    BUYING OR SELLING A HOME IN OKLAHOMA, CONTACT ME @ 405-823-7330 CHRIS & JEN WITH COLDWELL BANKER, SELECT

Loves Ashley Greene
    Pretty much everybody in the Metro has Mobile Cop. OCSO, CCSO, IIRC even OHP and OBN uses it.
    Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldad View Post
    That is correct. I work for OCSO and we have a LT that basically runs the database and programming for the state. He talks way above any of our heads when questioned about it. If you would like his info to contact him, he is the best resource your going to find. Price, costs, software, setup, training, etc.
    PM me his contact info if you could please. thanks
    You can't fix stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Norman View Post
    Pretty much everybody in the Metro has Mobile Cop. OCSO, CCSO, IIRC even OHP and OBN uses it.

Chase what in the heck is IIRC? Also it's good to see youre still alive!
    You can't fix stupid!

License and Registration!
    IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

We use MobileCop, great program with no major problems.

You werent on the show the rookies were you?? lol..thanks for the info man I was thinking IIRC was some crazy department or something..It seems to me that mobile cop is a good program to use
    You can't fix stupid!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Norman View Post
    Our agency looked at it, but decided against it and will be using the mobile product from Global in the near future. The last time I spoke with the guy in charge of OCSO's database and Mobile Cop implementation he told me OHP was using it. One thing is for sure, there are a lot of agencies in the metro using it and I think the program OCSO is offering to other agencies in the state is a great idea.
    Last edited by higgo; 08-02-2009 at 09:15 PM.