Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Forum Member

Four Hollywood cops in hot water.....

Dashcam catches Fla. cops attempting to frame motorist

A cop's dashboard camera is supposed to catch criminals in the act. For four Hollywood, Florida cops, the dash cam may have foiled their plans to frame a motorist.

The four police officers -- three of them longtime veterans of the force -- were caught on one of the cop's dash cameras plotting to place the blame for a February traffic accident on a woman one of them had hit with their patrol car.

The disturbing video shows the woman, Alexandra Torres Villa, handcuffed in the back of the squad car as the officers get their stories straight on what they are going to say happened.

Officer Joel Francisco, 36, an 11-year veteran, crashed into the back of Villa's vehicle at a light on February 17 at midnight.

The cop radioed to other officers who converged on the scene and hatched a way to bail Francisco out.

Officer Dewey Pressley, 42, arrives and questions Villa, who tells him that she has been drinking.

The 21-year veteran officer seizes the opportunity and arrests her for DUI. But the plot thickens from there.

The cops begin to brainstorm believable excuses for the accident.

"As far as I'm concerned. I'm going to put words in his mouth. She went to accelerate and a cat jumped out of the window at which point he thought it could have been a pedestrian, which distracted him," Pressley tells Sgt. Andrew Diaz, another veteran of the force. "I mean what's the chances of hitting a f---in drunk when a cat jumps out of the window?"

Still, the cops run with the half-baked idea and rush to get Villa to do a Breathalyzer test so they can officially say she was drunk.

"I nailed her on the video. I already hung her on video. She said she has been doing a beer party," Pressley says. "She's gonna blow."

Then, another cop debates with Pressley on who is going to write up the fabricated report to clear their police comrade.

"I know how I'm going to word this with the cat so we can get him off the hook. I'll write the narrative," Pressley says. "We're going to bend this a little bit."

Civilian Community Service Officer Karim Thomas joins the three senior officers and the four cops go so far as to change the angle of pictures of the accident to make it look like Villa swerved in front of the cop car and caused the accident, not Francisco.

Throughout the tape, the cops acknowledged what they are doing is illegal, but when you are the law, there is nothing wrong with bending it for a fellow cop, one says.

"I don't lie and make things up ever because it's wrong, but if I need to bend it a little bit to protect a cop, I'll do it," Pressley tells Francisco after reassuring him no one will ever find out. "She's freaking hammered anyway."

The cops even do a final rehearsal before Villa is taken to the city lock up.

"We'll take care of it," one officer says. The others reply: "We're good."

The police officers are currently on administrative leave pending a state attorney's office investigation.

Villa, who was charged with four counts of DUI and cited for improper lane change, is still fighting the charges in court.

http://www.kvoa.com/global/story.asp?s=10812683

----------------------------------------------------------------

WTF were these guys thinking! If this really went down the way they are accused, I hope they burn. The police force has no use for them!

Forum Member
    Wow....Unbelievable

Forum Member

Two years ago 4 Hollywood police officers were caught in an undercover sting. The officers supposedly agreed to "front" for a person or persons they thought were in the mafia.

I know the Hollywood police department is pretty big, so 8 supposedly dirty cops in the same department in 2 years time does not mean there is a widespread problem.

But it isn't pretty. I heard morale was a little low in the department after the 2007 sting. This isn't going to help.

In Soviet Russia...
    morons.. everyone of them should get charged criminally
    "What the problem is?"

Still praying...
    This is one of the best depts in S Florida, it's one of the toughest to get into...It's extremely frustrating watching this type of stuff, morons that give the dept a black eye...WTF were they thinking...

Hollywood PD is a good PD, don't let these idiots represent the whole dept...A lot of good people work there!...

I don't understand how they can just throw away their careers like that...
    C:\Users\RAL\Pictures\cruise ships on port.jpg

Forum Member

On of the agencies I am applying to. If I am hired I pray that one day after x amount of years I can help turn that place around. But I will not hold my breathe. Wow, just astonishing they would do this.

USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
    Oorah!

Macho Man

Quote Originally Posted by JDRHockey View Post
    And you're suprised???? Stuff like this happens every day in this country.....cops doing shady ****.
    You are an accountant, you know jack****, please leave.

KJB
    Am I free to go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor13 View Post
    Hey now, there has NEVER been a crooked accountant, ever.

Macho Man

There's even one in my game!

Forum Member

I love this stuff. I really do. However, there is a level of hypocrisy among those in non LEO professions regarding LEO’s ethical behavior based on profession.

They get a disproportionate amount of coverage because their profession assumes upstanding qualities are required. However, it wasn’t the LEO profession that brought the economy to its knees.

So what we’re looking at here are individuals acting unethical and illegally relative to their knowledge of their specific profession. Which profession does this not occur?

What I would really, really love to see is of those incarcerated, what is the per capita ratio of those in jail for abusing their position of power relative to their profession.

That would be interesting.

Hmm, maybe that would be my thesis if I ever decided to get an MS in Admin of Justice.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCV-Sop View Post
    However, it wasn’t the LEO profession that brought the economy to its knees.
    You are GodD@mned right. Pencil pushing thieves.
    "Nuts" ---Lieutenant General Harry Kinnard

Sheepdog
    This will just make it more difficult (in an already difficult process) to get hired with HPD...
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

In Soviet Russia...
    heres the video on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh8lLjtFU9c
    "What the problem is?"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Dewey Pressley
    As far as I'm concerned. I'm going to put words in his mouth. She went to accelerate and a cat jumped out of the window at which point he thought it could have been a pedestrian, which distracted him...
    Good thing Pressley had his buddies there to help fill in the blanks and add in the "improper lane change". Unless I have a gross misunderstanding of traffic laws, you are expected to be able to slam on your brakes and stop without rear-ending the vehicle in front of you, regardless of how suddenly they stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtexan44
    It's funny, the Troll spews off his ignorant comments and then doesn't respond. go figure
    Why are you looking for a fight? His post has been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor13 View Post
    Hopefully you can re-read your statement and understand how immature and unnecessary it was.

He is right, corruption happens every day. But it happens everywhere, not only amongst LEO's.
    Last edited by Fëanor; 07-29-2009 at 09:48 PM.

Forum Member

Macho Man

Quote Originally Posted by Fëanor View Post
    Good thing Pressley had his buddies there to help fill in the blanks and add in the "improper lane change". Unless I have a gross misunderstanding of traffic laws, you are expected to be able to slam on your brakes and stop without rear-ending the vehicle in front of you, regardless of how suddenly they stopped.

Why are you looking for a fight? His post has been deleted.

Hopefully you can re-read your statement and understand how immature and unnecessary it was.

He is right, corruption happens every day. But it happens everywhere, not only amongst LEO's.
    Sure... his post was deleted.. it doesn't matter, he still said it, but we should probably drop it.

I didn't mean that as a jab to accountants (as I see you are one too, and my parents have a really nice guy thats an accountant) but really his comment was out of line, and you didn't say anything about that.

I listened to the video. The officer thought for about a millisecond about saying that. He knew what he said and I wont by all means be defending him.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Code Seven View Post
    Faenor is also an accountant.
    Accountants stick together, man. Just like cops, only it's the thin BOTTOM line.

Seriously, if she was drunk, why can't they punish her AND the falsifying cops? Or was that a plea deal of some sort?
    If I tell you what I know, I'd have to kill you. Fortunately, I don't know much.

GGG
    Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ISPY4U2 View Post
    Seriously, if she was drunk, why can't they punish her AND the falsifying cops? Or was that a plea deal of some sort?
    Which lying cop did you want to testify for the prosecution? Going to trial on her would be a waste of money. Everything they say about her being drunk would be tossed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by photolineup View Post
    Speaking of which, how might this affect people who have been arrested by them in the past?
    They would have grounds to maybe appeal their case/conviction if they got a really good attorney and/or can articulate how the officer that arrested them falsified evidence/statements.

Forum Member

She said she was drinking, but the article didn't mention breathalyzer results as far as I saw.

I didn't intend to defend his statement, I just wanted to post a reminder that there are other ways to handle an out-of-line post without antagonizing the poster and soliciting further responses which will probably be worst than the first.

I've got no need to defend accountants; I would sell them out in a second for enough money

Forum Member

Accountants stick together, man. Just like cops, only it's the thin BOTTOM line.

I would say because anybody who was there who could testify was busy committing a felony at the time. If it is not a felony to write a false report and swear to it then it SHOULD be.

Could you imagine the circus the jury trail would be that any good lawyer would insist on ?? But the lying cops could plead the fifth I guess on many questions that would be asked on cross examination ??

I am so very glad to see that to a person all the Officers here are outraged to the point of disbelief at the actions ON CAMERA with audio of these morons.

Bill

Forum Member
    That's sad.... 3 cops, 1 CSO's live's ruined, no other dept will ever hire them, better start looking for a new carrier.

I heard McD is hiring

Forum Member

Accountants stick together, man. Just like cops, only it's the thin BOTTOM line. ...
    (Echoing Code Seven):
    Apparently she's still defending on the DUI. I think she probably really was DUI. Even so, there's a legal principle, falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus, that says that if you are shown to be lying about something, you may be presumed to be lying about anything and everything else, so once it is shown that a witness is lying about something, whatever else the witness says is not to be given full credence.

Backtrace it...
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabe2gonnabe View Post
    http://living.aol.com/morning-rush/crooked-cops-today/31186624001?icid=main|main|dl4|link3|http%3A%2F%2F living.aol.com%2Fmorning-rush%2Fcrooked-cops-today%2F31186624001
    They didn't even bother to read the article. They list the video as "LA cops...". It's Hollywood, FL not Hollywood, CA

An Obvious problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Fëanor View Post
    I would sell them out in a second for enough money

I didn't know you were going for your law degree too
    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 Last