Forum Member

U.S. Virgin Islands Police

Anyone here working for or has info on U.S. Virgin Islands Police - as in is it a good place to work?? How is the pay/benefits/any take home vehicles?? What is the hiring process like? I love the location as I am into the surfing scene and love the beach, but not sure about the locals and their relationship with the police -also cost of living. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Lets hold hands and sing "We are the world."

L-1
    Forum Member
    Doesn't paY too well. $29.748 per year once you graduate from the academy.

http://www.vipd.gov.vi/work_with_us/work_with_us.aspx
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

One man Wolfpack
    Looks like a rockin retirement gig...

M-11
    “All men dream...... But not equally..
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

k91376
    Don't know too much. spoke with a recruiter once. They are a full service Dept, though. EOD, K-9, Vice, Narccotics, SWAT, Marine, Det, etc. I think if you have an academy they will consider doing a shortened academy for you. Drive either GMCs or Chevy Trailbalzers mostly From what I can tell on their site. Contact the recruiters there.

Forum Member
    Apparently they have over 100 openings...may as well send in an app. Guess this isnt too hot of a topic!
    Stay safe out there

"Cancel that central, its a moose"

SHU
    Forum Member
    Do a internet search about them trying to lock up an ATF agent for a good shoot.

Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by SHU View Post
    Do a internet search about them trying to lock up an ATF agent for a good shoot.
    Amoung other things.... I'd stick to the Mainland......but thats just me.....

Forum Member
    I'd like to know how things relate from the mainland to the Islands. Is it basically the same job, or a completely different ballgame

Banned

I imagine its like being a cop in PR or Guam....U.S. Territories that obide by U.S. Common law.

Forum Member
    Anyone else have anymore information on this? Me and a coworker want to look into this since we are both young and don't have families yet.

Had to kick the dust off this forum thread haha.
    Last edited by HoldTheLine; 06-23-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Forum Member
    Ok, something to add...

I was on the phone with the government personnel office 4 different times and finally I found the correct way to apply.

She told me that I had to send an application to St. Thomas for the St. Thomas/St. John island district and then send another app to St. Croix in order to be considered for both islands even though it is all the same department. Can anyone comment on this, does this sound correct?

Forum Member

bump....im interested in this too. I just emailed them to find out what top salary is. Anyone have any idea besides the 30k for GRADUATION???

Forum Member
    That is the salary. I was interested in it but after I did my homework on it... the reality set in.

Flying there for testing would had cost me 1K every trip atleast. Then to make the 30K starting salary in a tourist driven area and the cost of living being outrageous. You could barely survive living there on that salary. I checked this place off my list.