Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Forum Member

Bandido Biker Gang

Has anyone dealt with these guys before? We are fortunate enough to have some opening up shop in our small city.

KJB
    Am I free to go?
    They are bad news. We have one in the prison I work at. I can't remember the details but he killed 2 people in cold blood over something fairly petty. I'll try to get the details and get back to you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KJB View Post
    They are bad news. We have one in the prison I work at. I can't remember the details but he killed 2 people in cold blood over something fairly petty. I'll try to get the details and get back to you.
    Thanks... they just opened up here... for whatever reason I guess our low crime rate has attracted them. They were set up in a nearby city
    Last edited by Se7en; 06-07-2009 at 12:26 AM. Reason: officer safety

Forum Member

A group of them frequent a bar in my city on a weekly basis. To date they've been very quiet and, dare I say it, non-disruptive in any sense. I wouldn't trust any of them any further than I could throw them however.

Read "Under and Alone" by William McQueen (I think that's his name). It'll give you a good perspective on outlaw motorcycle gangs.

Don't trust them or any "1%'er".

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirLancelot View Post
    A group of them frequent a bar in my city on a weekly basis. To date they've been very quiet and, dare I say it, non-disruptive in any sense. I wouldn't trust any of them any further than I could throw them however.

Read "Under and Alone" by William McQueen (I think that's his name). It'll give you a good perspective on outlaw motorcycle gangs.

Don't trust them or any "1%'er".
    Oh I don't... these guys were extremely cooperative and not upset at all that I stopped them... I then asked him about his history and he seemed pretty protective of that, stating he stays out of trouble
    Last edited by Se7en; 06-07-2009 at 12:26 AM. Reason: officer safety

Forum Member

Bandits

Always presume they are armed, or someone standing close to them is armed. They like to have their "old ladies" carry their drugs and weapons. Look for them to be into weapons, drugs and stolen MC or MC parts. If they are riding in a group watch for vans or SUVs that are traveling behind the group. They are normally polite when stopped, but trust them about as far as you can throw them. The non patch wearing members may be more of a pain as they have something to prove. Things get interesting when a rival gang moves into the area. They are proud of being 1%ers. It has been a while since I have had to deal with these guys, but I don't think they have changed much.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by usmcrob View Post
    Thanks. Looked at that last night.

Forum Member

Like everyone else said, treat them with respect and for the most part you will be treated with respect. Try to find out some info as far as how to identify their hierarchy, so that if you do need to approach them you approach the highest ranking member first. Most 1%ers aren't as violent now as they used to be, but you should always assume that they want to kill you (just like you should always assume that with everyone they approach). At least one person is usually carrying, and they usually carry the same nice guns that we do (glocks, sigs, what not), not your usual saturday night specials that most gangs carry.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by StudChris View Post
    Like everyone else said, treat them with respect and for the most part you will be treated with respect. Try to find out some info as far as how to identify their hierarchy, so that if you do need to approach them you approach the highest ranking member first. Most 1%ers aren't as violent now as they used to be, but you should always assume that they want to kill you (just like you should always assume that with everyone they approach). At least one person is usually carrying, and they usually carry the same nice guns that we do (glocks, sigs, what not), not your usual saturday night specials that most gangs carry.
    Thanks... I've been keeping an eye on their shop... they seem to always be sitting outside in front of it... not the type of residents I want in my city.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StudChris View Post
    Like everyone else said, treat them with respect and for the most part you will be treated with respect. Try to find out some info as far as how to identify their hierarchy, so that if you do need to approach them you approach the highest ranking member first.
    If you wind up having reason to contact or otherwise interact with them, I would find out who their enforcer is, and see if you can communicate with him. Although knowing the boss is good, I think knowing and getting along with the enforcer is more productive for local LE. If you let him know you will respect them and let him police his people as long as they don't make work hard for you, he will likely provide you with a means to contact him if any of his members get out of line. Most enforcers will not hesitate to dot their own guys' i's when necessary if they cause trouble with the cops. Members who get too crossed up with the cops or act stupid are likely to lose their patches for a period, and the enforcer will be the one to yank it. Losing your patch is the worst thing that can happen to a member, and having a good rapport with the enforcer can be a means to get the message across when club members are pushing it.

Also, keep an eye out for probates or prospects. Although they are generally not allowed to talk to the cops, they are the ones who could be looking to make a name for themselves, whereas most of the patched guys know better than to do something to bring heat down on the club. Good luck.
    Last edited by 913; 06-07-2009 at 02:37 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 913 View Post
    If you wind up having reason to contact or otherwise interact with them, I would find out who their enforcer is, and see if you can communicate with him. Although knowing the boss is good, I think knowing and getting along with the enforcer is more productive for local LE. If you let him know you will respect them and let him police his people as long as they don't make work hard for you, he will likely provide you with a means to contact him if any of his members get out of line. Most enforcers will not hesitate to dot their own guys' i's when necessary if they cause trouble with the cops. Members who get too crossed up with the cops or act stupid are likely to lose their patches for a period, and the enforcer will be the one to yank it. Losing your patch is the worst thing that can happen to a member, and having a good rapport with the enforcer can be a means to get the message across when club members are pushing it.

Also, keep an eye out for probates or prospects. Although they are generally not allowed to talk to the cops, they are the ones who could be looking to make a name for themselves, whereas most of the patched guys know better than to do something to bring heat down on the club. Good luck.
    Thanks for the info man. Funny you say that about the prospects not talking, this guy didn't say much at all, the bandido did most of the talking.

Sheepdog
    I'll add my .02..

Drugs, guns, prostitution, protection and extortion is what they're doing...
    A job for investigators, ATF, gang squad...when doing these things, they will not be wearing colors or advertising. Use good tactics with any & all contacts. Always speak to the highest ranking member.

For a patrol cop on the beat, getting a contact number is a good thing. Rarely will their clubhouse ever be a problem for you, per se....They don't want that kind of exposure. I'm not saying to treat it as a regular location or residential home...always be on alert when around it...If you can always take down tag numbers of vehicles coming and going, descriptions of individuals...but don't make it blatant...Keep a little memobook for yourself. If & when anything ever happens, this info will be invaluable to the investigators...Also it will more then likely have security cameras, always keep that in mind when approaching or taking care of business on their property...

As mentioned, the fact that they're there is bad overall, but the clubhouse itself as a location on your patrol post shouldn't cause any added headaches to your patrol day....
    Went to Get a Cold Pop

Have gun......will travel
    Not much to add but.........................
    When stopping these groups, we found that what works best is to use two cars...............One for the contact and the other to direct the following group down the road and away from the stop.

Nothing worse that initiating a traffic stop on one or several and then having a dozen pull in behind you.
    "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShantyIrish View Post
    I'll add my .02..

A job for investigators, ATF, gang squad...when doing these things, they will not be wearing colors or advertising. Use good tactics with any & all contacts. Always speak to the highest ranking member.

For a patrol cop on the beat, getting a contact number is a good thing. Rarely will their clubhouse ever be a problem for you, per se....They don't want that kind of exposure. I'm not saying to treat it as a regular location or residential home...always be on alert when around it...If you can always take down tag numbers of vehicles coming and going, descriptions of individuals...but don't make it blatant...Keep a little memobook for yourself. If & when anything ever happens, this info will be invaluable to the investigators...Also it will more then likely have security cameras, always keep that in mind when approaching or taking care of business on their property...

As mentioned, the fact that they're there is bad overall, but the clubhouse itself as a location on your patrol post shouldn't cause any added headaches to your patrol day....
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately we're a small department, so our resources are limited. The city they came from had a much larger department, with a street crimes unit and all. I'm thinking they may have felt the heat over there, but who knows.

All good information. both replies appreciated.

Annoyed, amazed & amused!
    As I recall, the second book from Calibre Press The Tactical Edge has a chapter which talks about biker gangs.

I just read a memo on negotiations from the ahem, errr, uh FBI which talked about militias/freeman-types, which like many of the posters have already hinted at, get to know and meet with their enforcers/leaders. Exchange contact info and have it ready.

One day, a lower ranking member get ID'ed as a suspect in a crime, have a foreign warrant out for their arrest. Working with the club's hierarchy might have things go much easier than bursting through the door waving a gun in one hand and a warrant in the other.
    "Many times, I have thoughts and feelings which can only be expressed through dance!" - Bender, Futurama

"Ranking right up there with 'No good deed goes unpunished' are:

'Sooner or later, we just might outlive our usefulness to others' and...

'Sometimes it's very possible to push the most loving and loyal person, beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t'"
    - Yours truly

L.S.U. FAN (atic)
    The city I used to police had a group and I think 913 put it the best so far.First and foremost (in their eyes anyway) they are business peopleand dont want any disruption to the daily grind.
    Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Forum Member

We have "Outlaws' here in town. They are fairly quite most of the time. If a new group comes in or is passing through...they will without a doubt let them know this is their turf.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShantyIrish View Post
    I'll add my .02..

+1

These boys are bad news. I dealt with them some up in Oklahoma. Only deal with a small group of associates here were I work in Texas. They deal heavily with Meth up here and alot of the street Meth comes from them, but they usually keep very quiet.

Forum Member

Appreciate it, guys. Hopefully we can put some heat on them and make it uncomfortable to be doing business in the city.

CSI Sucks
    We have quite a few biker gangs here. The Rogues, the Outlaws, and the Bandidos as well. When I was still in patrol the clubhouse for the Outlaws was in my district. I never had a single problem there. As far as the Bandidos go, they are pretty easy to spot as their patch is pretty distinctive. The one thing I would caution you about is, if you're going to make a traffic stop on one of them, don't let them lead you somewhere you don't want to go. I know you said that you work for a small agency, but you really need to make every effort to get a second car with you on your stop, even if that help comes from a county deputy or state trooper.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5031OKC View Post
    We have quite a few biker gangs here. The Rogues, the Outlaws, and the Bandidos as well. When I was still in patrol the clubhouse for the Outlaws was in my district. I never had a single problem there. As far as the Bandidos go, they are pretty easy to spot as their patch is pretty distinctive. The one thing I would caution you about is, if you're going to make a traffic stop on one of them, don't let them lead you somewhere you don't want to go. I know you said that you work for a small agency, but you really need to make every effort to get a second car with you on your stop, even if that help comes from a county deputy or state trooper.
    Thanks for the reply. I don't foresee any issues out of them, that are obvious anyways. I think they'll fly under the radar as much as they can. As far as my small department comment, I do work for a small dept, but we generally have 5-6 on patrol at a time, so we're good about backing each other, and soon after my stop I had another officer with me.

I do know recently there was a bike rally in Eureka springs, which made the news, because one of the groups was Hells Angels I believe. Everyone talked about how things have changed, and they aren't dangerous anymore... no cause for concern. Well, they ended up getting into a fight with another biker gang and some folks got stabbed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OperatorEX View Post
    Google
    Bellingham and Bandidos.

Bellingham is a local town that with the assistance of Federal Law Enforcement addressed the issue.

Might be something to learn there
    Will do. Thanks!

10-8 FER SHIFT
    Have done ALOT of research and work in this area, mostly with the HA's. It is important to understand their code of the road. They operate in a militeristic fashion. On the road it helps to understand who to speak with if you actually do stop them on "a run". The road captain is ALWAYS the second bike in the pack followed by the seargent at arms. Even though it is difficult to "respect" these guys if you put on a show of respect you can get cooperation from them rather than flax. It is very important to understand that these gangs are out for one thing and one thing only. Money. They will waste no time taking out a rival if it means more drug turf and profits. They are organized crime at the highest level and have more tenicals in every conceivable oraganization. It is wise to know your company when speaking about these groups, inside and especially outside, of work. Like the old saying goes "keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer". Most posts in the matter are better not being discussed on an open form such as this so i will end it here but as i have said....be careful and please understand that when dealing with Bandidos, Hells Angels, Mongols, Outlaws....ect....they cannot be trusted and if given a chance will kill you if they think they can get away with it. Back up is not an option it is a necessary.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by The State View Post
    Have done ALOT of research and work in this area, mostly with the HA's. It is important to understand their code of the road. They operate in a militeristic fashion. On the road it helps to understand who to speak with if you actually do stop them on "a run". The road captain is ALWAYS the second bike in the pack followed by the seargent at arms. Even though it is difficult to "respect" these guys if you put on a show of respect you can get cooperation from them rather than flax. It is very important to understand that these gangs are out for one thing and one thing only. Money. They will waste no time taking out a rival if it means more drug turf and profits. They are organized crime at the highest level and have more tenicals in every conceivable oraganization. It is wise to know your company when speaking about these groups, inside and especially outside, of work. Like the old saying goes "keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer". Most posts in the matter are better not being discussed on an open form such as this so i will end it here but as i have said....be careful and please understand that when dealing with Bandidos, Hells Angels, Mongols, Outlaws....ect....they cannot be trusted and if given a chance will kill you if they think they can get away with it. Back up is not an option it is a necessary.
    Appreciate the reply, and the information.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last