X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pm1031
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2009

Posts about YOU on Officer.com

Hey guys. Just out of curiosity, have any of you ever read a post on here from a civilian describing some situation he/she had with a police officer, and seriously thought the person might be talking about you? For example, someone complaining about a traffic cite, with a listed location close to yours, and you very well could have been the officer they were talking about.
  • SgtCHP
    Retired Sergeant - CHP
    • Nov 2006

Not me! Then, again, I have been retired for seventeen years. I wholly doubt there are any civilians on these forums that have the mental capacity to remember me that far back!
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

• Monkeybomb
      Resident Misanthrope
      • Oct 2007

Yep, one of the posters wrote a post about me and then followed through with his threat. I got a nice commendation from the Boss man because of it. Really nice guy. I wrote them a ticket and they thought I was nice about it.They wrote a very complimentary letter to the boss. It was pretty cool because after I got the commendation I PM'ed them and thanked them for it.
      The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• PhilipCal
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2004

No. But, I've been retired a little over three years.

Comment

• RoadKingTrooper
          Have gun......will travel
          • Nov 2008

Just the ones that start of with "This handsome intelligent....

well, they could be talking about me!
          "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

• Garbage Man
            Ignore Garbage Man
            • Feb 2004

They could all be about me.

My agency had a deal where an officer put out a call for everyone to back him up code 3 to a fight at a party. (We call it a 997 but I am sure everyone has some code for this) We got sued because we tend to roll up pretty hard to these things and there was some controversy over the initital officer and whether he escalated the whole thing. (Not saying he did, just summarizing the law suit allegations).

Anyway I am reading the paper and there is one quote where one of the responding officers told a guy to "Get the f*** down" and the guy says "I am off duty CHP!" So our officer replied "Then you know what get the F*** down means!" Everyone (Meaning the liberals in the paper) was shocked an officer said that, but as I read the paper, I am thinking, "I dont remember being there but that sure sounds like something I would have said."

My point being that we are all human and all one bad day away from a truly offended and outraged citizen. Actually I have a theory that citizen complaints have less to do with an officers conduct and more to do with that citizens unreasonable expectation regarding how they are to be treated, but you dont want to hear that old rant.
            Last edited by Garbage Man; 04-13-2009, 11:12 PM.
            Originally posted by FJDave
            GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
            "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

• DaFuzz43
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Garbage Man
              Actually I have a theory that citizen complaints have less to do with an officers conduct and more to do with that citizens unreasonable expectation regarding how they are to be treated, but you dont want to hear that old rant.

Not To Hijack..... BUT.... I agree 100% with that statement... We have a guy who call tell everyother person to shut the F up and not get a complaint and another who would raise his voice twice a year and get two complaints.

Sorry for the hijack ;-)
              "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good" Romans 12:21

Comment

• Kieth M.
                When do I grow up?
                • Oct 2005

Back during those 30 years in the big-city on the west coast, I doubt if I'd ever see anything about me, as this website is in English!

Perhaps the Armenian, Russian, Thai, Ebonics, Spanish, Korean, and Tagalog O.com's were often all abuzz about me, but I'll never know.
                "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

• woettinger
                  Going Code 5
                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Garbage Man
                  They could all be about me.

Anyway I am reading the paper and there is one quote where one of the responding officers told a guy to "Get the f*** down" and the guy says "I am off duty CHP!" So our officer replied "Then you know what get the F*** down means!"
                  I think I resemble that statement.......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12194 users online. 74 members and 12120 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...