Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: NYPD Cadet Program

Quote Originally Posted by vgromv View Post
    I find it funny that they keep looking for new recruits (i see the Cadet Corp table every time I'm at JJay)but they haven't hired anyone for almost a year now.
    Yep, they were in Baruch the other day. I told them I've been waiting a year, they shrugged. :\

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vgromv View Post
    I find it funny that they keep looking for new recruits (i see the Cadet Corp table every time I'm at JJay)but they haven't hired anyone for almost a year now.
    I know!! I also go to JJAY. This is ridonkulous! I have an appointment with my investigator in 2 weeks to bring her some paperwork that I needed. Hopefully, I'll get in the Jan class, or June if they ever do have one.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight 20/20 View Post
    Yep, they were in Baruch the other day. I told them I've been waiting a year, they shrugged. :\
    Wow, did you take the June 2007 PO Exam? because I also took the 6012. Are you still waiting for a call?

Quote Originally Posted by NYPDCadet24 View Post
    Wow, did you take the June 2007 PO Exam? because I also took the 6012. Are you still waiting for a call?
    Yep, and my chances of getting in the January class of 100 people is non-existent. They didn't even get to 5047, there are around 5 exams ahead of ours, I think.
    Last edited by Hindsight 20/20; 10-06-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: :(

Welp, see ya later!
    I go to JJAY... haven't seen the Cadet table at all there this year. Anyone else seen them? What time are they there?
    "Peace exists, not simply with the loss of conflict, but with the presence of true justice."

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjay1890 View Post
    I go to JJAY... haven't seen the Cadet table at all there this year. Anyone else seen them? What time are they there?
    i see them every monday & wednesday that im there. North hall, you can catch them around 12-1 PM

Welp, see ya later!
    And we don't even know if the January class is definite yet...
    This is outrageous. Knowing the NYPD, they'll probably cancel the class 2 days before hire...
    I hate waiting.
    "Peace exists, not simply with the loss of conflict, but with the presence of true justice."

Forum Member
    You know what would be funny is that there is no January class either and the next cadet class is in July for reason being that they are waiting until there is barely any available cadets working now in the NYPD so that they can fill up their replacement. Since there has been less and less going into the academy not many have left the Cadet Corps yet and the budget problem this won't surprise me.

Forum Member
    Exam :2210

I need some advice i took the JST medical and written Phsyc, Im missing the verbal. Does anyone know what can i do, is it possible that they will schedule a verbal for me even though the cadet corp is postponed?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reda View Post

I need some advice i took the JST medical and written Phsyc, Im missing the verbal. Does anyone know what can i do, is it possible that they will schedule a verbal for me even though the cadet corp is postponed?
    They usually schedule you the next day after taking the oral. call you investigator

Forum Member

I had the same problem as you did, but I called the Psych number, and scheduled the interview like a month ago. Try calling like at 630am, that the time I called! And then after that you have to call your investigator to turn in your paperwork and get fingerprinted. Good luck!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPDCadet24 View Post
    I had the same problem as you did, but I called the Psych number, and scheduled the interview like a month ago. Try calling like at 630am, that the time I called! And then after that you have to call your investigator to turn in your paperwork and get fingerprinted. Good luck!
    Don't u have to wait until u investigator calls u??
    I did not her, she called me!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cadet01 View Post
    Don't u have to wait until u investigator calls u??
    I did not her, she called me!
    Well I lived in another state when i started all the process, so I couldnt make it to the psych interview, and when I moved back to ny and tried to schedule it, they told me the cadet program was on hold. So i just kept on calling every week until like over a month ago when they gave me an interview, and the same day of my interview I called my investigator and told her that I was ready for the interview.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cadet01 View Post
    They usually schedule you the next day after taking the oral. call you investigator
    i called to schedule my oral interview about 2 months ago, and they said it's post pond, that there not giving anyone any interviews.

Welp, see ya later!
    i called to schedule my oral interview about 2 months ago, and they said it's post pond, that there not giving anyone any interviews.
    Call again.

Forum Member
    I'm scheduled to go to the orientation on the 30th.. I'm wondering if it's worth my time.. by the time they call with the amount of people they're hiring, I'll have over 95 credits

Forum Member

I hope there's an October Class!

Hey guys. I finished everything in March 2009 and I just submitted my transcript, which has a higher GPA than the one they previously had, which is definitely a + from my understanding. I go to Hunter and I constantly see recruiters for the Cadet program without them announcing any hire date for the 300-500+ cadet candidates that are waiting to be hired. My only concern is that by the time they hire I'll be over the maximum amount of credits that they allow for new hire cadets. I just hope they hire before this semester is up before either my GPA dips a little (but will still be above 3.0) or I'm over the max credits. My exam # is also 2210, anybody have any news associated with that exam #?????

????

you have to take an exam test? To get in this program

Welp, see ya later!
    No news yet, guys. I heard that there was a budget approved for a January class, but I called the Cadet Corps and my investigator and neither source can verify this. Apparently, nobody knows what the hell is going on.
    If anyone gets any new info, let us know.

Hey Guys,

Question?

Is 45 Credits Mandatory in order to qualify for the program?

Can you join with less than 45 while still enrolled full time at a college?
    "One day, I'm going to get hired by some police agency some where." God Help Me!!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPDHOPEFULLY View Post
    Hey Guys,

Question?

Is 45 Credits Mandatory in order to qualify for the program?

Can you join with less than 45 while still enrolled full time at a college?
    Unfortunately, it is required for you to have 45 credits to qualify for the program. But you can start the process now and once you hit the 45 credits you could join, that is of course if you pass everything

Forum Member
    This sucks nothing going on and my medical already expired... gotta call to take it again but thinking about doing the medical again is holding me back since it will be for nothing since im going to go over the credits limit

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O88 View Post
    Unfortunately, it is required for you to have 45 credits to qualify for the program. But you can start the process now and once you hit the 45 credits you could join, that is of course if you pass everything
    I heard that you need 45 credits by the date of hire.

Forum Member
    You can be hired with 15 credits but you will be restricted to a housing location...

Quote Originally Posted by L.1.3 View Post
    This sucks nothing going on and my medical already expired... gotta call to take it again but thinking about doing the medical again is holding me back since it will be for nothing since im going to go over the credits limit
    Do you have to take a test to get in this program?

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast