Thread: Hud & Opm Oig

Forum Member

Post Hud & Opm Oig

HUD OIG just posted status and non-status announcements for Little Rock for Gl-7/9 level 1811 position. 1 Vacancy

OPM OIG has many vacancies GS-1811-09/12 open to status and non-status candidates for:

Washington, DC
    New York, NY
    Dallas, TX
    Chicago, IL
    Houston, TX
    Jacksonville, FL
    Laguna Niguel, CA

I have applied to them all (Excluding NY).

Forum Member

Well, unfortunately unless you are willing to apply to the public ann. for HUD, you have to be in the local commuting area.

I applied to OPM in Dallas also, GL to you.

Forum Member

Arrow Hud Oig

I applied to all 3 announcements for little rock, DEU & MP at GL-09 & GL-07.

VEOA can be from any commuting area. I would just have to pay for my relocation. I am pretty much willing to relocate anywhere in the lower 48.

Except NY City, I lived in NJ as a kid, something about that city does not suite me. Love to visit, not live.

Forum Member

What is HUD OIG?

Forum Member

Thumbs up Hud Oig

Housing and Urban Development Office of the Inspector General (HUD OIG).

Duties (from the announcement)
    “The Criminal Investigator participates in carrying out investigations related to white-collar crime in HUD programs. Assignments include examining records, books, payrolls, reports, correspondence, and other related data; conducting interviews; analyzing data and evaluating evidence, assisting with surveillance and undercover operations; obtaining subpoenas and search warrants; and locating defendants and witnesses. Investigators may make arrests and serve as witnesses for cases that go to trial, and they work closely with U.S. Attorneys and state and Federal law enforcement agencies. At the conclusion of an investigation, they assist in preparing reports and make recommendations for improving program operations.”

If you do a search on the site you will see alot of information on them. According to their semi-annual reports they do a lot of work with USMS fugitive felon program. One of there enforcement nexus’s relates to US insured mortgages, so they must be very busy right now with that angle.

Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout0315 View Post
    OPM OIG has many vacancies GS-1811-09/12 open to status and non-status candidates for:
    Those are all doing health care/benefits fraud....ick...

And with them being a GS-9...have to bring something to the table experience wise...as GS-9 jobs generally are not entry level positions.....

But on a plus side, I did notice that OPM said if you were a Vet over 37 you could still apply.... Something to think about for folks wanting to get into that line of work and have Vet Status/over 37......

dpd0779
    I applied to every HUG OIG opening in 08, got referred for some of them but never called for an interview. I'm convinced they are only looking to hire people from the local area even though they allow VEO and other Status candidates from outside the area to apply. Just food for thought for those who are outside the local area. I'm waiting for a mass HUD opening or one in my area.

Operator
    I started to go back on what I posted and apply for the OPM gig....

With 6 full years of investigative work.....it is going to be tough to push out good KSAs with this in the annoucement....

you must have experience planning and conducting investigations of allegations of suspected violations of criminal statutes in the following areas: health care fraud in health insurance programs such as the FEHBP, MEDICARE, MEDICAID, TRICARE or private health insurance programs, retirement fraud in Federal retirement programs, and/or employee misconduct investigations related to Federal background/suitability investigations.

Just an FYI, over at 911, the guys said that the OPM office's are tiny....as in only a couple of people per office, if that.......So that might be something to think about as well...as your case load maybe out the rear....and have no help around to keep up...

Once again good luck for those applying...and have fun with those KSAs....

Forum Member

Smile There are multiple opportunities for HUD OIG

There are multiple opportunities for HUD OIG

Columbia, SC 2 Vacancies
    Louisville, KY 2 Vacancies
    Memphis, TN 2 Vacancies

All locations are advertising at the
    GS-7 Status
    GS-9/11 Status/Non Status
    GS-12/13 Status

I am applying at the GS-9 Status/Non Status

Forum Member

Anyone have any opinions on whether or not it would be worth going through this application hurricane if I have five years sworn local LE at a 400 man dept. and 72 college credits?

I am a little under the impression that the 1811 fed jobs are for those with degrees; accordingly, I'm a little weary to attempt the debacle that is the application process...Any advice is appreciated>

dpd0779
    Put in for the Columbia Vacancy. I've been referred for a few HUD OIG positions but never seem to get an interview. We'll see what happens.

Forum Member

Smile Go For It

Quote Originally Posted by eric92198 View Post
    Anyone have any opinions on whether or not it would be worth going through this application hurricane if I have five years sworn local LE at a 400 man dept. and 72 college credits?

I am a little under the impression that the 1811 fed jobs are for those with degrees; accordingly, I'm a little weary to attempt the debacle that is the application process...Any advice is appreciated>
    I would go for it. Can't get the job if you don't apply.

Forum Member

deleted post....
    Last edited by MIDeputy; 01-03-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Forum Member

deleted post....
    Last edited by MIDeputy; 01-03-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Forum Member

Lightbulb New Announcement

HUD just placed GS-7/9 Public/Merit Announcement for New Orleans and Cleveland.

I am all over this.

PS I have heard nothing on the May announcements other than they received my applications.

I have received notice that I was found qualified for the April announcements and they will notify me if I will or won’t be referred.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIDeputy View Post
    Anyone have any movement with the recent HUD announcements besides receiving a notice from the Bureau of Public Debt that they've received your application?
    I received the same confirmation indicating the receipt of my application. But I believe it was for a different announcement than the one you applied to.

Forum Member
    I have only received the notice that my application was received so far (for Nashville TN HUD OIG announcement).
    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..