Forum Member

Where can I take the georgia p.o.s.t. exam in metro atlanta area

The B.I./Recruiter for Fulton County PD said that I have to take a P.O.S.T. exam to be considered for employment with Fulton County. Any know where I can get that done. Also does anybody know about the requirement for a copy of a high school diploma with metro atlanta agencies. Are high school transcripts not enough?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metro637 View Post
    The B.I./Recruiter for Fulton County PD said that I have to take a P.O.S.T. exam to be considered for employment with Fulton County. Any know where I can get that done. Also does anybody know about the requirement for a copy of a high school diploma with metro atlanta agencies. Are high school transcripts not enough?
    Last time I checked, Fulton Co. was only hiring certified officers -- you have to have already been through the academy and been mandated, which pretty much equates to what you said that you were told by recruiting. There are several large departments hiring that, if you can get on, will send you through the academy. DeKalb, Atlanta, and Gwinnett are three that I can think of; I'm sure there are others, though.
    Last edited by mg1224; 04-14-2009 at 05:00 AM.

Veritas Aequitas
    Georgia POST Council itself is located in a suburb of Atlanta. You might want to give them a call.

Forum Member

There are a few new recruits from Fulton PD going through the F.C.P.S.T.C. class that just started this week. One of the instructors at F.C.P.S.T.C. mentioned that Fulton PD got funding to hire 25 new officers.

Take it with a grain of salt though as it was a comment made in passing. Though I'm 100% sure that there are at least 2 recruits that are not certified from Fulton PD in the academy right now.

To answer the original question, I took the P.O.S.T. entrance exam at F.C.P.S.T.C. My agency set me up for the test during the hiring phase though, so I don't know how to go about registering yourself.

Forum Member
    Does NCGLEA still offer th test?

Forum Member

Here's the answers to my homework
    You can use your old SAT scores
    You can take the entrance exam at Technical colleges and use your entrance scores.
    Good luck to all of us!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metro637 View Post
    Here's the answers to my homework
    You can use your old SAT scores
    You can take the entrance exam at Technical colleges and use your entrance scores.
    Good luck to all of us!

Ah. That clarifies it. APD (according to the application anyway) requires the same thing. Good to know. Also, did they say if they are interested in pursuing non-certified people at this time?