Thread: Range bags

Forum Member

Range bags

I am looking to get a range bag and was wondering if anyone had any input on what is good and bad. It would be for 2 or 3 pistols and range gear (ears, eyes, cleaning, etc...). Something smaller and easy to transport would be ideal.

RIP Seann1
    I got an el cheapo from Wally World in their gun section almost 10 years ago just to have something. It has 2 removable pistol 'folders'. It's held up well and can be crammed full of crap, so I've kept on using it ever since.

Or you could spend way more money on a bigger name like 5.11, Blackhawk!, Uncle Mike's, etc etc etc.

I just don't really care if my range bag ends up falling apart. I'll spend more money on stuff I use every day.
    Last edited by Resq14; 03-12-2009 at 06:41 AM.

A L L H A V E G I V E N S O M E,  B U T S O M E H A V E G I V E N A L L

Forum Member
    I have one made by Wolf for a very large local gunshop in california and it is awesome. I have had maybe 60lbs in it with no issues. Mine is bigger than this one pictured but I haul around 6 pistols and 1000rds so this may suit you better....

http://www.wolfammo.com/index.php?op...id=6&Itemid=17

Hoping to get picked up when I return from Iraq

Forum Member

midwayusa.com

Check out midways range bag. They have one for 39.99, and the only thing I find fault with, it's too big! I keep putting stuff in it, and it gets heavy! It'll hold your pistols, has a pocket already set up for about a dozen mags, a bag for spent shells, and it even comes with another bag, just for ammo. For 40 bucks, it's hard to go wrong with. http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=259680, on sale right now until 31 Mar 09.

Forum Member

I bought a range bag from Sig Sauer and I love it. It can hold 4 pistols and has a center pullout for additional gear. It holds 8 magazines on the outside in a zippered compartment. Its a great bag that is made well and I have carried it full of ammo and guns. I have never worried about it breaking. I am sure that it will last a lifetime. Its not cheap at 75 bucks but I felt that it is worth the money. They do have a cheaper one but I am not sure on the amount of gear that it holds. I would buy another one and thought the money did justify the quality.

Made of 600 Denier woven polyester in Black with Royal Blue SIG SAUER® embroidery. Competition Range Bag features a rubberized back coating for water repellency, YKK lockable zippers, 4 internal pistol pouches, 5 external pockets, 8 internal padded magazine holders, internal cell phone pocket, hide-away mesh water bottle holder, removable brass catcher bag for reloaders, removable internal carrying bag, and shoulder strap for easy carry. Available in Black. Approx. measurements: 12"H x 21.5"L x 12"D
    Last edited by SigSauerfirst; 03-13-2009 at 02:46 AM. Reason: wrong price on gear

Forum Member
    thanks for all the input. another thing i would like is to get more magazines, dont know if there is a thread about it on here but is there a site that anyone knows of that sells them for cheap or a discounted price for leo?

Forum Member
    I find the 5.11 tactical bag very useful. It can carry, two weapons, ears/eyes protections, two pistol in cases, duty belt and has a spot for a baton on the top.

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Ho...:10905/I/59012