X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GVBD59
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2008

Busiest Departments

The Colorado Springs thread peaked my curiosity as to where some of the other bad areas are in Colorado. Obviously Denver and Aurora have their share of bad areas. When I was looking to move to the Front Range from the mountains almost ten years ago I tested with Commerce City and know they are exremely busy for a smaller department. I would like to hear some more info on some of the other small to mid sized departments. I have my own opinions but am curious what others have heard/experienced.
  • TheDesire
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2004

I dont know what the busiest is....

TheDesire
    Desire. Dedication. Dicipline.

Comment

• kylet123
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2008

just my opinion from a resident, but I wouldn't get the wrong impression from the colorado springs thread. i wouldn't lump this place into the "bad" areas of colorado at all...

Comment

• kylet123
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2008

an addition to my above post: i'm also not an LEO, so I don't really know...

Comment

• ShortSeven
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2005

At one point I had heard that Commerce City had the most calls and reports per officer in the state, but I don't know where that information came from.

I would suspect that in addition to Denver, Aurora and Colorado Springs that older areas that adjoin Denver but are smaller, such as Englewood, Thornton, Westminster, Northglenn, etc are also per officer among the busier in the state.

Comment

The car pushing lifer
            • Jan 2008

Actually Denver and Aurora have some very nice, quiet areas. Aurora's district 3 and Denver's district 5 have a lot of 1/2 million to multi-million dollar houses.

My guess of the busier depts would be:

North Metro: Greeley, Commerce City, Longmont, Westy, Thornton, Northglenn

South Metro: Englewood, Sheridan

Comment

• Shaidon
              Retired DPD
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by 1096
              Actually Denver and Aurora have some very nice, quiet areas. Aurora's district 3 and Denver's district 5 have a lot of 1/2 million to multi-million dollar houses.
              To be totally honest, District 3 in Denver has more quiet areas. District 5 used to have a really nice neighborhood in Green Valley Ranch, but with all the foreclosures over the last couple of years, section 8 and HUD have moved in. Montbello in District 5 is the worst part, but Green Valley is getting there. Per Officer, we're just as busy in our call load as other districts....we just have more area to cover, and fewer Officers hehe
              I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

• AvsFan81
                Forum Member
                • Dec 2007

colorado springs is busy due to the fact that we are constantly down 150-200officers per fbi statistics, with over 200 square miles to cover..so you are always running around, attempting to play catch up..but like in the other post..im in agreement with kyle, we arent as bad as some people believe

Comment

• Monkeybomb
                  Resident Misanthrope
                  • Oct 2007

Last edited by Monkeybomb; 04-12-2009, 11:40 AM.
                  The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• AvsFan81
                    Forum Member
                    • Dec 2007

what?? me and monkey agree on something j/k

Comment

• ShortSeven
                      Forum Member
                      • Jan 2005

I didn't think of Greeley, I imagine they are up there as well.

Comment

The car pushing lifer
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Shaidon
                        To be totally honest, District 3 in Denver has more quiet areas. District 5 used to have a really nice neighborhood in Green Valley Ranch, but with all the foreclosures over the last couple of years, section 8 and HUD have moved in. Montbello in District 5 is the worst part, but Green Valley is getting there. Per Officer, we're just as busy in our call load as other districts....we just have more area to cover, and fewer Officers hehe
                        Oops my bust. I meant Dist 3, thats the one that borders Cherry Hills right? We all know Montghetto and GVR aren't the purtiest areas in Denver.

Comment

• colo.metrocop
                          Forum Member
                          • Jan 2009

Denver District 6 busy busy. Adco up north & Commerce City are busy. Not many people would think but Wheat Ridge and Arvada are pretty busy and gettin busier. Aurora around colfax. In general I would say the Denver metro area in general is getting busier..the economy sucks which = more crime, plus greater gang problems.

Comment

• Traffic_82
                            Forum Member
                            • Jan 2007

I wouldn't go so far as to say Colorado Springs is a "bad" community. I used to work in the area. They have grown into being a big city, with normal big city stuff, and they're understaffed.

I think the Springs and Metro area are pretty much always busy. Not sure which part of the Denver Metro area is the busiest though in terms of calls per officer.

Comment

• Shaidon
                              Retired DPD
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by 1096
                              Oops my bust. I meant Dist 3, thats the one that borders Cherry Hills right? We all know Montghetto and GVR aren't the purtiest areas in Denver.
                              Yeah 3 is right near there...Glad I don't work there. Don't know how well I would deal with 17 year olds driving high end sports cars lol.

Dist. 1,4, and 6 are probably our busiest districts in denver (Could be a little iffy about 4 because I have never really worked near there and not many folks I know have worked there)

And just to let folks know ...the arrest stats on that CBI website are WAY off....they state that Denver had *2* DUI arrests? Wow.
                              Last edited by Shaidon; 01-14-2009, 03:21 AM.
                              I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18539 users online. 39 members and 18500 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...