Forum Member

Back the Badge bumper stickers

Hey, where do I get one of those back the badge bumper stickers? I see them all the time but nobody seems to know where they come from. I called my local police department as well as the police union but they didn't know. I've also googled it, and that just turned up some posts from people who don't like the stickers. Anybody know where I get one?

Forum Member
    I've done some searching and this is the only thing I could find. Maybe if you participate or donate they give you the sticker.

http://www.backthebadgeride.com/index.html

Stuck in traffic
    I'm curious why someone would want such a bumper sticker? IMHO, too many people put those stickers on, not out of genuine support of law enforcement, rather out of belief it will help them get out of a ticket. One of the worst 'offenders' was the 11-99 Foundation frame plates. Thankfully they have stopped issuing them. But I saw even saw a knock off 11-99 frame (looked nothing like a 'real' 11-99 foundation plate) when I was going down the 405 one day! The guy was driving a nice 5 series BMW. ANY chippie could tell the frame was 110% fake and over the top. Outside of California, the 'thin blue line' stickers have become trendy, especially by people who aren't even in law enforcement (again IMHO hoping they will get out of a ticket).

I end my soapbox with the caveat that you may have honorable reasons for wanting such a bumper sticker, but be aware of the underlying reason many people put them on their vehicles....

In the Woods

Same as the KA4993, kJC625, or KMA367 license plate frames. Someone wants the traffic cop to ask where they got it so they can drop names.
    I bet if I posted my agency's FCC license number I would start seeing it on the front of baseball caps in a couple months.
    Let's not forget the little red and yellow fireman's hat sticker for the back window.

Master of Disaster
    Most of those are given out by sham organizations that collect donations for "police organizations" and then give 3% of their money to some obscure organization to remain legal.

You may want to do a search on eBay for something similar and you may find something like this.
    David Bailey Photography | Bailey Tactical

"Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor satan shudders and says oh hell he's awake!"

Forum Member

Okay, thanks for all your replies. First of all, I was hoping it would be apparent that I want the sticker to show my support for law enforcement. I believe a bumper sticker can be a cheap and effective way to get a message across to people (and no, I don't have like 100 bumper stickers on my truck ... I have one for a congressional candidate who won and that's it ... I want to remove that sticker and was thinking I'd replace it with the back the badge one).

I didn't really realize that criminals use them, I always just assumed the people with the stickers were law enforcement, family of law enforcement and conservatives who believe in law and order (which is what I am). If putting it on my truck is just going to make people think I'm a criminal, then I guess it was a bad idea.

In the Woods

Not a criminal, but possibly a person looking for extra consideration in an enforcement related contact. Once upon a time those things were fairly obscure and uncommon. Not now.