Forum Member

looking for older alachua county shooting video

GAINESVILLE -- The Alachua County Sheriff's Office has cleared one of its deputies of wrongdoing for fatally shooting a man who attacked him with a samurai sword.

Deputy Richard LaLonde followed departmental policy when he killed Matthew Hibbitts on March 1, the Sheriff's Office said Friday. That policy justifies deadly force by a deputy when "it is necessary to prevent death or serious injury to himself or others."

A video shot from LaLonde's car March 1 showed Hibbitts charging within a few feet of the officer before the shooting.

The State Attorney's Office earlier said LaLonde, 30, fired nine shots, six of which hit Hibbitts. LaLonde told investigators that Hibbitts, 19, collapsed only after a struggle.

Hibbitts had cocaine and marijuana in his system and his blood alcohol level was about 0.12, according to toxicology reports.

i was looking for the video of this incident. any help would be appreciated. happened back in 2002 i think.

I earned my scars, you??
    Quote Originally Posted by D.W. View Post
    GAINESVILLE -- The Alachua County Sheriff's Office has cleared one of its deputies of wrongdoing for fatally shooting a man who attacked him with a samurai sword.

Deputy Richard LaLonde followed departmental policy when he killed Matthew Hibbitts on March 1, the Sheriff's Office said Friday. That policy justifies deadly force by a deputy when "it is necessary to prevent death or serious injury to himself or others."

A video shot from LaLonde's car March 1 showed Hibbitts charging within a few feet of the officer before the shooting.

The State Attorney's Office earlier said LaLonde, 30, fired nine shots, six of which hit Hibbitts. LaLonde told investigators that Hibbitts, 19, collapsed only after a struggle.

Hibbitts had cocaine and marijuana in his system and his blood alcohol level was about 0.12, according to toxicology reports.

i was looking for the video of this incident. any help would be appreciated. happened back in 2002 i think.
    PM me I have access to this..
    Police Academy Coordinator
    33+ years as a cop

No one gets left behind!

"Are you sure you want to be a cop in Florida?"
    Free Study Guides for Florida (and others) Police Recruits for Academy and State Exams: http://sites.google.com/site/flaleohelp/florida-basic-recruit-study-guides
    My Police Academy's Facebook Page
    YouTubes Largest Military Videos Poster -www.usmilitaryvideos.net
    Like us on Facebook - US Military

Forum Member

pmed. thanks