Forum Member

Remington 1187P w/14" Barrel

Does anyone know how much a Rem 1187 Police with the 14" barrel is going for? I wanted to convert my 1100 to one, but heard they are available to the public as a class 3.

I'm also looking for some companies that are authorized Rem LE dealers. I can't seem to find any myself. My local class 3 said he could might be able to get one from another dealer, but doing so only jacks the price up even more. Thanks.

Forum Member
    http://www.remingtonle.com/support/w...ler_directory/

14" bbl scatterguns are definitely Class 3 weapons.

$982 is the price I found.
    Last edited by Sgt. Slaughter; 01-04-2009 at 01:29 AM.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Forum Member

That's what I was looking for. Thanks so much. Now the fun begins

This World is a Ghetto...
    The 1187P with 14" barrel is what my agency issues. Extremely fun and accurate. The downside it is extremely diffcult to clean. Also, it does not work well with low brass shells.

Just food for thought.
    ROLL TIDE!!!

Forum Member

Extremely difficult to clean? Why's that? 1st time I saw one I had to have one. Problem is going to find a LE dealer who will sell to a civilian. I already have a 14" 870P and LOVE it. I shoot those low recoil/noise, mouse-fart loads you get at Wally-World. Haven't put any 00 buck through it yet.

My original intent was to just convert a 1100 into a SBS on a Form 1, but after having 2 parts just break off while I was cleaning it, I decided to go the factory gun route. One that's had the bugs worked out and runs.

BTW...Hows thangs in Tuscaloosa? I lived there many years ago when I was a kid. Went to Woodland Forrest Elem.
    Last edited by precision40; 01-04-2009 at 11:53 PM.

This World is a Ghetto...
    [QUOTE=precision40;1574072]Extremely difficult to clean? Why's that?QUOTE]

We're not exactly sure. After shooting the barrel looks like a dirty chimney. I takes a drill attached to the bore brush for several minutes to knock out all of the powder residue. This takes place with all kinds of ammo. Each of our districts has been issued a new cordless drill.

Good luck with your search!
    ROLL TIDE!!!