Forum Member

Registering a firearm in MI

I purchassed a hand gun in Kodiak, AK and it was registered there, when I moved to MI I never thought about registering here in MI. My question is, do I need to re-register my gun here in MI? I have been told different things by people at my unit, but never a concrete answer.

Thank you,

Joe

Forum Member

I believe that you need to register your hand gun. I would recommend going to your local Sheriff's Department. This way you can also have the handgun registered to a local address. If it's any different then the Sheriff's Department can explain it to you.

Best of luck!

Forum Member
    Yes - you need to re-register your handgun......

If you live within any city limits then you need to take it to that department....

If you live outside of the city limits then you must take it to that counties Sheriff Department......
    There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Forum Member

Thank you for your response, is there anything I need to take to the police department other than the firearm?

Forum Member

your driver license, a registration card or other proof of ownership, a CPL (CCW) if you have one. Make sure the firearm is in a case and UNLOADED.

Forum Member

So, out of curiosity what do you do if you don't have a registration card? ie You are from a state that doesn't have firearm registration.
    "Rollin and Patrollin the Wild Wild West of Bham"