Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Forum Member

RSO January Academy

Does anyone know if there are any slots left?

RSO

Written 7/16
    PAT 7/27
    Background Interview 10/21
    Poly (passed) 11/21

Forum Member
    I heard the Chief signed of on the packets yesterday. Only suppost to be 50-60 recruits for next academy and it has been pushed back to first week of Feb.

Forum Member

Exclamation Academy

My B.I. talked to me on monday and told me the same thing. My packet was signed off and there trying to get an academy going in January. I was told January 26 or 27th, maybe. Wish us all luck......
    "See you on the high ground"

avaand
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosss Hog View Post
    I heard the Chief signed of on the packets yesterday. Only suppost to be 50-60 recruits for next academy and it has been pushed back to first week of Feb.
    As in the Jan 27th date is no longer going to happen?

Forum Member

academy date

As in, I was told again, that the January 26 or 27th are the dates being juggled with and "could" happen. But, I was also told there having a meeting next week to decide.
    "See you on the high ground"

Forum Member

Rso

Other than the brass, which you will never see on this website posting, you are not going to find a answer to the question that you pose other than guesses. With that said, if you have been told you are attending the academy, who cares when, for you have been gaurenteed a job, right? not to be harsh, but be patient. Times are different now than they were when I went thru just 5 1/2 months ago. Infact they have changed dramitically! They were telling us they were going to have four academy classes at the same time. Now they are hoping to have one after the other. Be patient.

Forum Member
    Davjon, I completely agree with your post excecpt for the patience part. Unlike you, by the way congratulations on the completion of the academy, we are the ones going thru the dramatic times and playing the waiting game. Patience is easier said then done. That is why we are on here posting messages back and forth, trying to get views on what everyoneone else thinks. I think we all know that what everyone on here post's is here say. I am just posting what I was told by my B.I. He told me that the chief signed off on my packet and I will be in the next academy whenever that may be??? He also said it would be a small academy, maybe 50-60 recruits. I took a huge gamble as I quit my job. (Let the lashing begin on how stupid I am, LOL) I quit my job for my own personnal resons and do not hold my B.I. accountable for my actions by what he told me. If I don't get in the next academy then that was a chance I took. For the record I do 100% agree with the patience part, we just need a place to vent our frustrations with these historical times. Try to remember how anxious you were before you got the welcoming call!!! We are all just excited to get started on our new career path.

Forum Member

RSO Jan Academy

We were told today that the Jan academy is a go with about 40 students. After that we don't know when the next academy will start. The staff at BCTC is being reduced drastically. I hope you have applied at other agencies.

DAVJON - you have less than a year on and weren't impressive when you were here at the academy. Your tact and telling people to be patient is irritating. You are spouting rumors and every time you get on the forum your former instructors get a good laugh. Remember, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

Forum Member
    My B.I. contacted me today and told me the samething that donutpiggy said. Jan. 27th is a go and there is only 35-40 recruits on the list. Very small academy. Looking forward to the extra attention I will surely recieve with such a small class, LOL. I made the cut and that is all that matters thank god!!! Time to step the training up a notch. Chucky hopefully your one of the lucky ones too. Keep me posted. Still a little nervous as anything can happen?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by donutpiggy View Post
    DAVJON - you have less than a year on and weren't impressive when you were here at the academy. Your tact and telling people to be patient is irritating. You are spouting rumors and every time you get on the forum your former instructors get a good laugh. Remember, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

I thought I was the only one who noticed this.......

Good luck to those starting this next class.
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Forum Member

That is great bosss hog! I wish I was so lucky. I would just like to know where the whole R.S.O. budget stands and how many recruits/academy dates the will be having for this year. I too, have began to slack a little on the P.T. (at least the running part) because I have no idea what is going on anymore. My only beef is I have been in the process since July and it would be hard to start all over again!

Forum Member

you must not want it that bad. I was in the process for a year before i finally got into an academy. I was bumped from 2 different academy classes. If you want the career, you can't give up on it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by buffb27 View Post
    I too, have began to slack a little on the P.T. (at least the running part) because I have no idea what is going on anymore. My only beef is I have been in the process since July and it would be hard to start all over again!
    you must not want it that bad. I was in the process for a year before i finally got into an academy. I was bumped from 2 different academy classes. If you want the career, you can't give up on it.

Forum Member

Somebody got chickity-checked!

Forum Member

Here is an article that I just read regarding hiring freezes for Riverside County...

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/s...b7501.html?npc

All things are possible and that is why one should never give up or give in.(Or Slack off) For those of us trying to become law enforcement, we need to be 100% ready to jump into the next academy if we get that call.
    ____________ _____________
    "Those Who Stand For Nothing, Fall For Anything" - Alexander Hamilton

Forum Member

Smile RSO Academy

Good luck to the new members of the RSO Academy.
    Last edited by VBPDWIFE; 01-02-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Forum Member

Rso

Once again good luck too all that are in the process and Although I do expect all to follow their own hearts, they want others opinions, and unfortunately you apparently didnt like mine.
    If at any point, giving my own opinion on sought out questions from folks that post, If I have come across as a " no-it-all", which it sounds like, than you misunderstood what my intentions are.

I appreciate your feelings and concerns although somewhat misguided, which leads me to believe you have a personal issue with me and are certainly not from the academy staff. This is just an example of immaturity and maybe jealousy? I challenge you to pm me so we can resolve and or discuss your concerns.
    As to the rest waiting as of late the department is going to hold two academys and have between 30-50 recruits in these classes.
    Good luck to all and be safe.

Forum Member

socalsheriff and donutpiggy, I honestly I do appreciate your opinions of me. Last time I checked this site it wasnt a popularity contest. Certainly I would never give out information that was either false or misguided.

As for socalsheriff, we have corresponded before infact it wasnt so long ago when you were giving your opinion on questions I was asking you when I was in these prospective recruits position. And I appreciated it. I am not certain what was said or done to you, for you to jumo on donutpiggy's bandwagon. For I respect you for the info, that you gave me.
    As for donutpiggy you sound like classmate of mine that must have a grudge against me. And if this is true, I feel for you.
    As long as their are questions and advise and or opinions or info. to give, I will continue to provide this. As for you instead of taking the negative route and downing others on this sight, I would suggest, since you have never given any advise, information to prospective recruits in the past, you do so. Especially since you claim to be apart of the " academy staff"!
    Once again good luck to all the future deputys and the prospective recruits and feel free to pm as you have with any questions. Oh by the way to humor "donutpiggy", in some respect you are right, I didnt get any awards for bring number one in any specific area, but overall 14th in my class of 87.

avaand
    Do you all think that these number of "slots", whatever that number ends up being, are actual names and the class is totally full, or do they leave some wiggle room to add as they see fit?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davjon14
    As for socalsheriff, we have corresponded before infact it wasnt so long ago when you were giving your opinion on questions I was asking you when I was in these prospective recruits position. And I appreciated it. I am not certain what was said or done to you, for you to jumo on donutpiggy's bandwagon. For I respect you for the info, that you gave me.
    I was able to get through the poor spelling and grammar, and I believe I can answer your question. Since you called me out on it, let’s take a short walk through your post history, shall we?

We’ll use this statement as a starting point.

Certainly I would never give out information that was either false or misguided.
    Fact: Based on your posts, your hire date with RSO is on or near 02-05-08.

I am currently a deputy sheriff with Riverside county sheriff's dept. and want to at the latest retire and maybe put another couple of years in on the islands, preferrably kauai since my spouse is from their. Do they accept a post certificate from california and if not what is the procedure. if you can pm me on any infor and or suggestions I would appreciate it.
    This was posted 01-20-08. Before you were hired. Not sure how this makes you a Deputy Sheriff Trainee, let alone a Deputy Sheriff, but of course, you would never “mislead” anyone.

I am currently in academy class 175 with RSO and just completed my first week to include " Black Friday"! For those of you that are currently in the process of of becoming a deputy sheriff trainee or are scheduled for the class 176, should you have any questions I would be more than happy to answer them. Just PM me and I will get back with you. Good Luck!
    This was posted on posted 02-09-08. This is actually a good, or “helpful” post. You do not provide any misinformation, and actually seem willing to help others in the process. You did not stay on that path for long, however…..

Well, Well, Well, The Day Is Almost Here, Are You Ready? I Remember That Day, Wasnt Too Long Ago When Myself And 109 Plus Other Dedicated(so We Thought) Recruits Showed Up On That Tuesday For Our First Day!! It Is 4 1/2 Days Away!!
    As A Senior Classmen, You Will Be Experiencing What Almost Every Law Enforcement Officer Has Had To Go Threw Their First Day. I Think The Worst Thing Of All Was The Unexpected. Just Know This The First And 4th Day ( Black Friday) Will Be The Tuffest Days, Hands Down.

Today Your Senior Class, We Went Thru (wts) " Will To Survive". Which You Will Get Prepared For. We Are Very Humble Right Now, Too Say The Least. This Was The Third Tuffest Day.
    Good Luck Too You All And Become A Team As Quickly As You Can.
    Posted on 05-15-08; only 3 months after your offer to help others and you are coming off as cocky and arrogant.

I am currently a deputy sheriff with Riverside county so who spent the prior years as a corporate loss prevention wizard…
    This was posted on 03-04-08. You still haven’t graduated the academy, and you were not a Deputy at that time. Still misguided in your posts.

As for rso all the stations are good stations. they all have their unique issues. The only station that most dont want to be sent to is blythe, but if its for you than.... for most of all the recruits that graduate will be sent to the jails first or court services…we have several contract cities that you can select as well as the county stations. Moreno valley is one and it is extremely busy!
    Posted on 05-16-08. Here is another “misguided” post. You have barely made it halfway through your academy and you are already giving advice on stations and their “issues”. Tell me, what “unique issues” is the Hemet Station experiencing right now? How about Elsinore? Temecula? That’s what I thought. You try to make yourself appear more knowledgeable, yet you just come off looking naïve, or worse, an idiot.

Davjon, the problem is in the way you come across to people. You may not see it, but several of your recent posts project a “Holier than thou” attitude. It may not be your intent, but that doesn’t matter. As you will learn in this career, it’s not what you say, it’s how it is perceived. Just tone it down a little and you’ll be fine.
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    --Winston Churchill--

Forum Member

Memo for officerbarbrady....

I want to be a deputy sheriff more than anything. And by slacking on the PT, I only mean the running. I was running 25 miles a week maybe I should have stated that. By no means am I unmotivated just a little dissapointed. Some of us are Marines don't have to train as hard because we always maintain, its called muscle memory!! I will always be a Marine and you know the slogan pain is only weakness leaving the body!!!! Trust me you will know who I am when I you see a 220 lb man and all you see is the dust I am kicking...
    Last edited by buffb27; 12-03-2008 at 03:14 PM.

Forum Member

Thanks for your advise

Socalsheriff, sorry for the mispelled words, computer has keys that are sticking. Once again thanks for your advise.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by davjon14 View Post
    socalsheriff and donutpiggy, I honestly I do appreciate your opinions of me. Last time I checked this site it wasnt a popularity contest. Certainly I would never give out information that was either false or misguided.

As for donutpiggy you sound like classmate of mine that must have a grudge against me. And if this is true, I feel for you.
    As long as their are questions and advise and or opinions or info. to give, I will continue to provide this. As for you instead of taking the negative route and downing others on this sight, I would suggest, since you have never given any advise, information to prospective recruits in the past, you do so. Especially since you claim to be apart of the " academy staff"!
    Once again good luck to all the future deputys and the prospective recruits and feel free to pm as you have with any questions. Oh by the way to humor "donutpiggy", in some respect you are right, I didnt get any awards for bring number one in any specific area, but overall 14th in my class of 87.
    Congrats to everyone who has made it!!! I am still recovering from a car accident and missed the 178. I am hoping to make it back for the May academy.....if they will stil take me :-). As for Davjon14....according to my sources only 83 people graduated in class 175 not 87....and you were somewhere in the middle (40's overall) Maybe you are dyslexic and 14 is your lucky number since it is in your screen name too. I hope you are more truthful and ethical in your day to day work...don't forget the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by buffb27 View Post
    Memo for officerbarbrady....

I want to be a deputy sheriff more than anything. And by slacking on the PT, I only mean the running. I was running 25 miles a week maybe I should have stated that. By no means am I unmotivated just a little dissapointed. Some of us are Marines don't have to train as hard because we always maintain, its called muscle memory!! I will always be a Marine and you know the slogan pain is only weakness leaving the body!!!! Trust me you will know who I am when I you see a 220 lb man and all you see is the dust I am kicking...

I was referring to the background process, not your PT... I never actually mentioned your PT program. My point was that July to December isn't bad, since my wait was about a year. I won't be seeing you for sometime, so you'll have to save that dust for later. Good luck with the process and the academy.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by finally1 View Post
    As for Davjon14....according to my sources only 83 people graduated in class 175 not 87....and you were somewhere in the middle (40's overall) Maybe you are dyslexic and 14 is your lucky number since it is in your screen name too. I hope you are more truthful and ethical in your day to day work...don't forget the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics.
    Maybe this is where the mix-up occured. But hey give the guy a break. I mean, it has been almost 5 months since he posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by davjon14 View Post
    I am headed to the courts down town riverside! Not my first nor second choice. The tac staff have been instilling this since the academy started that those that did very in the prospective areas; ld tests: #14 out of 83, scenarios: 95% average, shooting: 8th highest.
    14th in academics does not equate to 14th overall.Maybe he just forgot?
    --Winston Churchill--

Page 1 of 2 12 Last