Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Forum Member

APD-5 Personal History Questionnaire Booklet

APD updated there forms page. They added APD-5 Booklet that can be filled out online. But it looks like, its only for exam 8305.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/ca...n_forms.shtml#

APPLICANT PROCESSING DIVISION
    INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE ONLINE PERSONAL HISTORY QUESTIONNAIRE
    (APD-5 BOOKLET)
    The following is a list of instructions, information and documents that an eligible candidate for the position of New York City Police Officer should have available to them prior to registering and obtaining a password on the website to complete the online Personal History Questionnaire (APD-5 Booklet). The documents listed will be presented to your investigators at the first initial interview when the investigation process commences.

Birth Certificate - an official copy with a raised seal. If no record of your birth is on file at the Department of Health or the Bureau of Vital Statistics of the State in which you were born, obtain a statement from the agency attesting to the fact.

Name Change – obtain records of name change, if applicable.

Naturalization Certificate – foreign born candidates. Police Officers must be U.S. Citizens at the time of appointment.

High School Diplomas, High School Equivalency Diploma, or Armed Forces GED Certificate (the record of scores you obtained in the individual tests must be presented), Diplomas and Degrees from Colleges attended. Official Transcripts from all colleges you attended either part time or full time must be obtained.

Marriage Certificate – if married. Certificate must be issued by a governmental agency. Birth Certificates of Children – if any.

Registered Domestic Partnership or Civil Union - Certificate must be issued by a governmental Agency.

Divorce - records of divorce, annulment or legal separation, if applicable.

Social Security Card - A Detail Earnings Report for a fee obtained from the Social Security Administration for the employments you had since leaving high school is required.

Motor Vehicle Driver’s License – Certificate of Motor Vehicle Registration – for any vehicle owned by you or your spouse. A DMV abstract from the Department of Motor Vehicles would be helpful for summons records.

Selective Service Registration - and classification cards (male candidates only) to register, obtain or check on a registration via the internet go to www.sss.gov.

Original Discharge or Separation papers for all military service (DD214 member 4 page).

W-2 Forms - Withholding tax certificates and copies of income tax returns for the past five years (especially for self employment).

Employments – all dates of employments and contact information since leaving high school (Detailed Social Security Earnings Report).

Unemployment – all dates of unemployment since leaving high school with a notarized letter obtained from persons other than yourself stating that they financially supported you.

Disability Benefits – Worker’s Compensation – provide all records.

Membership Cards – all labor union, fraternal or social organizations to which you belong.

Debts – Judgments – Garnishees – provide all records.

Proof of Residence – two (2) proofs of residence (rent stub, utility bill, etc. for current address).

Court Dispositions – transcripts and/or dispositions from the Court Clerk of the court of trial for any arrest in which you were the defendant. Proof of payment for any summonses you received (other than traffic summonses).

Licenses – any licenses held by you (both past and present) from a government agency (pistol, rifle, hack, liquor, etc.).
    Last edited by NYPD13; 10-24-2008 at 05:08 PM.
    NYPD Exam # 8305: (07.31.08)

* Medical: (10.27.08)
    * Mini Medical: (10.27.08), (5.21.10), (2.23.11), (6.10.11)
    * Meet with BI: Done (11.09.08)
    * Written psychological: Done (1.23.09)
    * Oral psychological: (1.27.09)
    * JST: 3 min. 5 sec. (4.2.09), 3 min. 13 sec. (5.22.10), 3 min. 10 sec. (4.30.11)
    * Medical: (2.23.11)

Got the call at 5:03pm on July 2nd, 2011.

July Academy

Forum Member

So theses are all the froms that you will need when you open your file back up? if so i'll down load all if them and start filling them out.
    "And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; For all these things must come to pass but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom and there will be famines pestilences, and earthquakes in verious places. All these are the beginning of sorrows"

- Matthew 24:6-8

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by the rookie c.o View Post
    So theses are all the froms that you will need when you open your file back up? if so i'll down load all if them and start filling them out.
    I'm not 100% sure you can download these forms since its not under "Printable Forms" and I have not tried it. This might be transmitted to the BI electronically.

* JST: 3 min. 5 sec. (4.2.09), 3 min. 13 sec. (5.22.10), 3 min. 10 sec. (4.30.11)

July Academy

Forum Member

I misread what was above sorry

not all of the forms are online.

Forum Member

I just filled out the new APD-5 forms and it is forwarded to the APD but it can also be printed out so that you can have it notarized on the last page when printing.
    Exam date: July 20, 2008
    Exam #: 8120
    List #: 1##

Forum Member
    The forms that you can get online aren't all complete and some wont let you type in all the places that you need too. A scanner and photo shop on the other hand work very well.
    NYPD
    Exam 5047- Passed
    Medical- Passed 8/27/08
    JST- Passed 9/8/08
    Written Psychological- Done 9/17/08
    Oral Psychological- Passed 10/2/08
    Meet with BI- Done 10/16/08
    Mini-Medical-Done 12/30/08
    Mini-Medical Part 2- 4/30/09
    Academy July 2009 (hopefully)

Forum Member

how do you print out the APD 5?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bam987 View Post
    how do you print out the APD 5?

Whats your exam number? If its not 8305 then you can't fill it out. 8305 is the guina pigs. If you are, then you will have to fill it all out before you hit the print button. One you print out and the other electronically emails to your BI.

July Academy

Forum Member

I'm not exam 8305. I have to meet with My BI on monday! I need help trying to type out this Apd 5. It's the only form I have no clue on how to find it online so I can fill it out. Help me please somebody lol!

Forum Member

I'm not exam 8305. I have to meet with My BI on monday! I need help trying to type out this Apd 5. It's the only form I have no clue on how to find it online so I can fill it out. Help me please somebody lol!
    I was lucky enough to find someone with a typewriter to help me but I was missing one form. When I went to see my BI she gave me the form and set me up at one of the several typewriters that are at APD for the candidates to use.

Hope that helps
    Decided against NYPD
    Wasted my time with that

Amtrak PD Exam 8/07 Passed
    Interview 2/19/09 Passed
    Written Psych 2/19/09 Passed
    BI "Blue Book" Turned in 2/23
    Oral Psych 3/11/09 Passed
    BI Meeting 10/04/09- BI Complete
    Medical ?
    Academy ?

Forum Member

Thanks Bmac! Is that what everyone did? Get a type writer? I cannot got my hands on that. It's 2008 guys it's gotta be on the computer somewhere like all those other forms.

Forum Member

2 APD-5 booklet is hand written. You should of received a instruction sheet in your packet.
    Last edited by NYPD13; 12-06-2008 at 06:24 PM.

July Academy

Forum Member
    yea you definiteley handwrite both booklets no typewriter necessary it sucks but you gotta do it
    "Good people sleep well in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to commit acts of violence on their behalf."

Forum Member

Are you guys sure you hand write the booklets????? Well anyway that's what I'm going have to do anyway!!!

Forum Member

Are you guys sure you hand write the booklets????? Well anyway that's what I'm going have to do anyway!!!
    Sorry about the confusion dude. Yes the booklets are hand written and the forms are typed.

Good Luck
    Decided against NYPD
    Wasted my time with that

Interview 2/19/09 Passed
    Medical ?
    Academy ?

Forum Member

i hand-wrote my apd-5 booklet, as for all other forms, there is a sheet within your packet that should tell u the specifics on how to fill those papers out. some of them also have to be notarized. good luck! very aggravating process. also word of advice, make copies of everything.i had planned on making copies of all my forms but forgot and handed everything to my BI. its ok though not a biggy...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay718 View Post
    i hand-wrote my apd-5 booklet, as for all other forms, there is a sheet within your packet that should tell u the specifics on how to fill those papers out. some of them also have to be notarized. good luck! very aggravating process. also word of advice, make copies of everything.i had planned on making copies of all my forms but forgot and handed everything to my BI. its ok though not a biggy...
    Yeah I made copies of all my documents that I had to bring in ie: DL, marriage license etc. She looked at the originals and was greatful that I had copied everything for her. She thanked me and said I saved her a bunch of time.

Good luck
    Decided against NYPD
    Wasted my time with that

Interview 2/19/09 Passed
    Medical ?
    Academy ?

Rookie Puke

Don't be too quick to scan and Photoshop/PDF all the APD documents. Your BI may make you type them over using the typewriter in his office - it happened to me. I'd made PDFs out of all the forms, filled them out nice and neat on the computer and printed them, and the first thing out of the BI's mouth upon seeing my stack of beautiful computer-generated APD forms was, "You got a couple hours, or are you in a rush?"
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"You've got to be good in this business, but you've got to get a lot of breaks. If you don't realize that, if you really think you're sitting here because of your genius or anything, I don't know, maybe your background is different, but I got my butt kicked a lot at every level, including this one."

- Stan Van Gundy

Forum Member

lol i love all of these BI stories its ammusing, every person always has a different one

Forum Member

Hey Bam, I'm from exam 8305. The APD-5 online is only accessible for those who took the 8305 since we were to test out the new system and report any bugged issues. You should have received the booklet at your medical as well as instruction sheets on how to fill out the booklet. The booklet is to be handwritten then notarized.

We at 8305 had to to the booklet plus the online booklet so we basically did double the work.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by genzcop View Post
    Birth Certificate - an official copy with a raised seal. If no record of your birth is on file at the Department of Health or the Bureau of Vital Statistics of the State in which you were born, obtain a statement from the agency attesting to the fact.

What if I don't have my birth certificate? What does "obtain a statement from the agency attesting to the fact." means? What do I do?
    I'm a U.S. Citizen though.
    If you need a copy of your birth certificate, you can obtain a a sealed original from the Department of Vital Records in the city.

Cost of copy: $15.00

Address:
    Office of Vital Records
    NYC Department of Health
    and Mental Hygiene
    125 Worth Street, CN4, Rm. 133
    New York, NY 10013-4090

Good Luck with your processing.

Forum Member

but what if i'm a foreign born U.S. Citizen? do I go there too? cause I heard I have to go to the Global Language for a transaltion of the birth certificate. that cost $90
    Well, you basically answered your very own question

Good luck

Forum Member

Gen,

May I suggest AGAIN that you take the time to READ the threads from 2008 and 2009...

Yes I know it is thousands of posts, but some of us have read them and found much information available like Global for foreign bc's.

Bye the way ONLY Global is allowed for the cert by NYPD.

Forum Member

but what if i'm a foreign born U.S. Citizen? do I go there too? cause I heard I have to go to the Global Language for a transaltion of the birth certificate. that cost $90
    Spending money is the least of your worries. Your going to be spending more then $90 through out your whole process.

July Academy

Page 1 of 2 12 Last