Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jthorpe View Post
    ahhh yes, the better things to do bit. Guess what? You screwed up and you're here asking if you can continue to try and slide by without taking personal responsibility. The fact is that you have an arrest warrant out for you and if you get caught, you will go to jail. Me personally? If I were the officer that wrote you, I would come find you and haul you off.

...and to think, if you had taken care of it in the first place, you wouldn't be looking over your shoulder all the time wondering if you're going to jail.
    I screwed up? Maybe you should question the actual law before you start saying I'm the one that screwed up. Why is it that I only need to register once to vote? Or register my name once on my title? Hell, even just registering once when I sign up for a Blockbuster card? Yet, I have to register my car, every single year, even though absolutely nothing has changed? It's obviously that the city and state wants to make money off us. It has NOTHING to do with our safety or updating our information because you can do that just with a phone call or letter; the only purpose is to fill the city's pockets. Yet, you officers don't question the law; only enforce it.

So instead of saying everyone else is a screw up and all cops are perfect, then why don't you explain to me why there's a maximum intelligence standard to become an officer? http://digg.com/odd_stuff/Police_Rej...telligentu_WTF

They probably like you just intelligent enough to not question the law but to harass people for having something as trivial as an expired registration. It's just a registration for crying out loud. I appreciate the help, but I don't need the attitude. You can save that for the next person you pull over. Thank you and have a nice day.

Forum Member
    Um.......OK.

Are you that stupid? Or just plain ignorant?

You come on here asking for advice and you got it. If you didn't like it, go somewhere else. The end answer is yes, we will arrest on warrants, even "minor traffic ones."

If you don't like the laws (which is obviously your whole point, according to your last post) contact your lawmakers (who were voted into their offices by a majority of the populace) and have them change them. We enforce, not create the laws.

And coming up with some bs website post only goes to further demonstrate your ignorance. I personally have worked with two officers who were both MENSA members.
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by abracadaver View Post
    I screwed up? Maybe you should question the actual law before you start saying I'm the one that screwed up. Why is it that I only need to register once to vote? Or register my name once on my title? Hell, even just registering once when I sign up for a Blockbuster card? Yet, I have to register my car, every single year, even though absolutely nothing has changed? It's obviously that the city and state wants to make money off us. It has NOTHING to do with our safety or updating our information because you can do that just with a phone call or letter; the only purpose is to fill the city's pockets. Yet, you officers don't question the law; only enforce it.

So instead of saying everyone else is a screw up and all cops are perfect, then why don't you explain to me why there's a maximum intelligence standard to become an officer? http://digg.com/odd_stuff/Police_Rej...telligentu_WTF

They probably like you just intelligent enough to not question the law but to harass people for having something as trivial as an expired registration. It's just a registration for crying out loud. I appreciate the help, but I don't need the attitude. You can save that for the next person you pull over. Thank you and have a nice day.
    No one is giving you an attitude, in fact, you should be happy enough that people even took the time to respond to this question.
    You get a ticket, do not pay it, and a warrant gets issued, enough said...
    What questions could you possibly have?
    Ofcourse you will get arrested, and yes, even for a 'minor traffic ticket'.

Don't come on here, ask a question, and now that your not happy with the response think its our fault.

Yes we enforce the law and do not create it.
    The ticket you received is very clear cut.
    We all, yes even police officers, have to pay the DMV fees for registration, insurance fees for our vehicles, etc etc etc etc....

I think the thread can be closed now.
    Thanks.

Verbal Sniper
    I personally think you should ignore it for now. Then once you manage to find a job, the Police can show up there and arrest you.

No need to have such an attitude. And don't bother blaming us for the cluster f*ck that you're currently in. You said yourself you ignored it. There you go. Grow up, take care of your business and stop whining.

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

LE Cheetah
    I screwed up?
    Yep, you sure did.

Maybe you should question the actual law before you start saying I'm the one that screwed up. Why is it that I only need to register once to vote? Or register my name once on my title?
    Because it's the LAW. It always amazes me when people think the laws shouldn't apply to them because they don't like it. Suck it up and DEAL with it. Or, heaven forbid, maybe get INVOLVED in your community and WORK to change it.

Yet, you officers don't question the law; only enforce it.
    Exactly. Because that's my job. If my job was to question the law, I'd be a judge. You might want to have a refresher course on the Constitution.

So instead of saying everyone else is a screw up and all cops are perfect,
    Umm, he never said that. Go back and reread it.

In response to your first question: Yes. They very well could come to your house. I arrested a guy last week on a $25.00 bench warrant. Why, you ask? Because he was speeding and I ran his info when I pulled him. Until you take care of it, you're always one traffic stop or bored cop running tags away from jail.
    Last edited by nuthead; 10-11-2008 at 07:44 AM.
    “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Forum Member

I work in PA as a State Constable, Warrants are pretty much all I do. With that said 80% of my warrants are for traffic or non-traffic, then Misd. and then Felony.

If you lived in PA you can and will be arrested by a constable at some point for your warrants. $2k in warrants is enough to make you a priority for me.

You would be picked up and taken to the district court. If off hours you would be taken to jail.

Once at the court the judge would probably make you post collateral for you to be released unless you have a really good reason for not showing up.

I could probably guess that since you are in Texas it won't be long before a constable or marhsal is going to show up. Be advised that if they show up, don't play games with them. This means having other people lie for you, giving them false information or running out the back door. Alot people think because it is a traffic warrant they can just commit a criminal offense when the constables, sheriffs etc... show up. You are wrong, you will be charged with a criminal offense for extra stupidity. I enjoyed arresting the traffic defendant's wife for hindering and obstruction when she lied. She went to jail and he went home after paying his fine for expired registration.

The way things are now days with the computers it won't take long before you have contact again with another LEO and your name get's run and you end up getting arrested and spending the night in jail.

My advice is for you to go to the court directly and deal with it. Judges and the court are much more easier to work with if they know you are doing the right thing and taking care of your issues.

G-man
    1*
    Last edited by G-MAN; 10-11-2008 at 02:56 AM.

Deputy Sheriff
    I have a warrant for an expired registration and expired inspection from Texas, because I ignored both and never went to court. I was informed by the municipal court that I now have 6 warrants, totaling $2000! I am wondering if the police will come to my house, in order to arrest me, just for traffic warrants for an expired registration and expired inspection. Many thanks in advance for your help and assistance!
    Not only would I come to your home but if I had probable cause to believe you were in the house I would kick in the door if you didn't answer.

Been there done that many times.

meow.
    Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Molon Labe
    Quote Originally Posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
    Not only would I come to your home but if I had probable cause to believe you were in the house I would kick in the door if you didn't answer.

Been there done that many times.

meow.
    For a misdemeanor and/or infraction traffic warrant?.........

Not sure if it was the CA Supreme court, 9th circuit or what, but you are PROHIBITED from entering the house simply for a misdemeanor warrant, unless you also have a search warrant for the 'body'.....something along the lines of a Ramey warrant........

I would be suspended without pay in short order if I did something like that......
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-MAN View Post
    Be advised that if they show up, don't play games with them. This means having other people lie for you, giving them false information or running out the back door. Alot people think because it is a traffic warrant they can just commit a criminal offense when the constables, sheriffs etc... show up. You are wrong, you will be charged with a criminal offense for extra stupidity. I enjoyed arresting the traffic defendant's wife for hindering and obstruction when she lied. She went to jail and he went home after paying his fine for expired registration.
    tell your buddy to lie and say you arent there as you slip out the back. then i can get two arrests, you and your buddy, and you can get dog bit and arrested. when not answering calls i'll hunt any warrant i have, even $150 bond worthless checks, fail to appear for jurry selection, traffic warrants warrants, along with the good robbery, burglary, and other ones. i think your lucky that you dont have a 60 day, or longer, custody order for you at this point.
    Last edited by luckydog; 10-11-2008 at 04:18 PM.

Forum Member
    If you were in my city, yeah, I'd come knock on your door. Depending on the size of the city and what not. But you live in TX so every time your stopped guess what? BAM! Your best bet is turn yourself in. Take some time off work, leave the car at mammas and go in to take care of it. Depending on the judge you might have to sit some time out.

Forum Member
    Also what was your other citation? Reg and Insp. are 2 plus the FTA on both of those is 4. Sounds like we're not getting the whole enchlada here.

Enjoys his job
    I've pulled someone over before who had similar warrants and two children in their car. I decided to write them three more tickets, tow their car, and let them call for someone to get their kids. Being the nice guy I am, I let them go home to their parents house. The woman was very courteous and I did not want to arrest her in front of her kids.

I do have her address and it will probably be a week before I try to serve the MISWARs at her residence.

Get the tickets taken care of and sleep better at night. If you do get picked up by FPD or another north texas city while you are driving and they notice the region hit on your car, please be sure to complain about the law to the police officers who arrest you. It is funny when people do that.
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

The views expressed by this screen name do not represent any civilian,municipal, military, or federal law enforcement agency and are strictly the views of the individual writing. Under no circumstances should someone consider the content of these posts to have anything less than a great deal of sarcasm interlaced throughout. Read at your own risk.

Forum Member

I love traffic warrant guys...they are always at home, or still live at the registered address (unlike criminals who run), and generally they are cooperative. Some of the real A hols who don't take care of little problems/refuse to take care of them, I find them on a Weds. to confirm the address, then grab them on a Fri. night...9:30 PM, just before 10:00 PM when the warrant is still legal to serve at the residence.

Have a good weekend in County,
    See ya Monday

Forum Member

I screwed up? Maybe you should question the actual law before you start saying I'm the one that screwed up. Why is it that I only need to register once to vote? Or register my name once on my title? Hell, even just registering once when I sign up for a Blockbuster card? Yet, I have to register my car, every single year, even though absolutely nothing has changed?
    hehehe, so the truth comes out. Instead of beating around the bush and spewing a bunch of BS about your warrant, why didn't you just come out and say this in the first place? We knew it was coming, it was just a matter of when. You must take all of us for being stupid but it's pretty easy to tell when someone is full of it, trying to hide what they really mean by slapping us in the face with a bunch of dung. Why should I question the law? It's not my job. If I had a problem with these laws such as the issues you're talking about here, I surely wouldn't take the approach of refusing to pay a ticket, then chancing an arrest. You're saying nothing to anyone other than showing you're irresponsible. What does that do to your credibility? As for registering every year, cry me a river. Every person in every state except in rare cases have to register each year. It's the name of the game and has been for a long time. If you don't like it, then fight to change the law or warm up that bicycle.

It's obviously that the city and state wants to make money off us. It has NOTHING to do with our safety or updating our information because you can do that just with a phone call or letter; the only purpose is to fill the city's pockets. Yet, you officers don't question the law; only enforce it.
    It's not my job to question the law. It's my job to enforce it so what's your point? That is our JOB DESCRIPTION. As for making money. Well, it is what it is. Maintaining roads that you drive on takes money. Without that money, you'd pretty much be driving on dirt. Again, don't like it? Find a way to replace the revenue and get the law changed. It's really as simple as that. As another poster said.... it amazes me how so many people can whine about something yet not have a single solution to make things better.

So instead of saying everyone else is a screw up and all cops are perfect,
    When did I say this? Are you SURE you read my post and not someone else's?

then why don't you explain to me why there's a maximum intelligence standard to become an officer? http://digg.com/odd_stuff/Police_Rej...telligentu_WTF

blah blah blah.

You got your answers as to what can happen with your warrant. It's up to you how you want to handle it.

Forum Member

I have a warrant for an expired registration and expired inspection from Texas, because I ignored both and never went to court. I was informed by the municipal court that I now have 6 warrants, totaling $2000! I am wondering if the police will come to my house, in order to arrest me, just for traffic warrants for an expired registration and expired inspection. Many thanks in advance for your help and assistance!
    Any warrant that is in my PD mail box will be served if at all possible. Criminal,civil body attachments or traffic it matters not.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Forum Member

Many areas have a warrant unit that does nothing else except traffic warrants. They are very good at what they do.
    You will be arrested. Even if you happen to have the money in cash in your pocket to pay the fine. You will be hauled before the judge. You will be going to jail. Unless you have the money to pay plus the cost of the warrant squad coming to find you, tack on an xtra $75-$150.00 for that. Assuming you pay that in cash in full right there you are free to go.
    The pay phone is in the lobby. Call a cab or a friend whatever. How you get home is up to you. This will cost you in time from 2 to 12 hours depending on your area.
    Have fun.....

Forum Member

Yep,

I've driven half way across the state to arrest people. If they are let go and some do (western Union) then it is on you to find a way home. My judge requires that I drive the defendant to the nearest bus terminal (1 mile from court) or call a cab.

We had a girl that owed the county 15k in parking tickets. It just so happened she got stopped by the PA State Police in Pittsburgh and they ran her name on Jnet and saw she had almost 200 active warrants in my county. The PSP called me and I am 7hrs away from Pittsburgh. Since me and my partner stood to make over 6k arresting her it didn't take much to convince us to drop everything and make our way out there. We had her last tracked to NJ or NY. They held her at the local jail and we picked her up and she got brought back to go to jail.

3 days later her family bailed her out and paid our fees and a substantial amount to the city.

G-man
    1*

Forum Member

I hope you get the job of your dreams... then some cop comes to your place of employment and yanks you up in front of your boss.

Don't be retarded and get an attitude after you ask for help and so many respond.

You're an idiot. Have fun in jail. :-)

Midwest Nittany Lion
    I think we can say goodbye to "abracadaver" here pretty soon. Me thinks he won't be around here too much longer...
    1*

Half Way to AARP

Wow... after all the help and advice you were provided on how to care of YOUR mistake... you bring up that article... let alone link it through Digg.com. I visit digg from time to time, and when I see anything related to law enforcement, I get sick to my stomach reading the comments from digg users. The people on that site are so incredibly ignorant and base their whole perception of peace officers on the wrongdoings of the few out there.

Me thinks you're leaning into that crowd...

Did you happen to forget that we're law ENFORCEMENT officers? We're not law QUESTIONING officers. We didn't write the laws, we only ENFORCE them. And guess what, an expired registration is an infraction... and it will be enforced. Whether it be through a verbal warning, a written warning, a citation, or an arrest... it's still being enforced.

It's obviously that the city and state wants to make money off us. It has NOTHING to do with our safety or updating our information because you can do that just with a phone call or letter; the only purpose is to fill the city's pockets.
    Really? Registration of vehicles has nothing to do with your safety? Do you know where the money from vehicle registration goes? Most highways are funded through vehicle registration. You can look at it as a fee to use the roads you use to satisfy your driving privilege. If the funding for highway maintenance was lost... guess what... no more highway maintenance. Eventually you have unsafe roadways... meaning traffic collisions... meaning personal injury and/or death. So tell me, in the scheme of things, how vehicle registration has nothing to do with public safety.

Resident Misanthrope
    You were lazy or stupid enough to let your registration lapse. Then you get a ticket. Rather than take care of the ticket you don't pay it and don't go to court. You end up with a warrant. Then rather than man up and go turn yourself in and have your bond ready so you can get out, you come on here and ask if someone will come get you so you can continue to slide. Then you whine and cry and complain when you don't get the answer you want.

Here is a tip. Stop being stupid and lazy. Take care of it yourself so your local law enforcement can handle other calls. You caused all your own problems, stop trying to blame everyone else and man up.

I would do whatever it takes to serve the warrant if it was one of mine. I would give you the option of maning up. Then the more you avoid me the worse it gets for you. I will show up at home, work, church, daycare, school and any other place you might hangout jsut to make sure you get your day in court.

Then you can telll the judge how unfair it is.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Forum Member

If we don't catch you out and about, every couple months, we have a warrent round-up. And yes here, if you have a warrent issued (or 6), I will come to your house or place of work and you're going for a ride. Doesn't matter to me what they are for. The fact that you've accumulated 6 warrents is enough for me to go the extra steps to make sure you have a personal visit with the judge.

Reserve Deputy
    This guy's great. Asks a bunch of cops first if we'll ignore him, gets told we won't, and then rants about the laws he broke in the first place. Good stuff.

I love warrants.
    For every one hundred men you send us,
    Ten should not even be here.
    Eighty are nothing but targets.
    Nine of them are real fighters;
    We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
    Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
    And he will bring the others back.

Forum Member

A warrant is a warrant. But I'm sure that Frisco is big enough that they won't come to your house. But I did hear that Dallas County is going after everyone who owes them money. They are placing pictures, addresses and other info on their website if you owe them money. Frisco may follow Dallas County S.O. in this way. Go pay your fines!!!!!

Forum Member
    We have a monthly fugitive list here at my department. There are officers that go to homes/businesses of those fugitives just for the warrant arrest. Every time I get someone on a warrant it is at a really bad time for them IE trying to get to a hospital for an emergency etc. guess what.. you will still go to jail $2000. warrant is not easy to "overlook." plus, I will impound your car, another $300+ to get it out.

Wow you are really scared... I can tell by your ridiculous retaliatory post. HAHA have fun in jail. Don't forget I get many calls also where friends that get mad will call and say... such and such has a warrant and he is at my house. There is no honor amongst thieves.
    Last edited by pressm4n; 10-15-2008 at 08:59 PM.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last