Thread: BB Gun Question

Forum Member

BB Gun Question

I know this may be a weird question but does anyone know what the BB gun laws are in Georgia? Are you allowed to carry them in your car?
    Thanks everyone
    Police Officer. Uniform patrol. Metro Atlanta area.

"...and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Forum Member
    Why???????? So we can see it and you can get a face full of a .45???

Forum Member

BB gun

No, I live in the city and every weekend i travel 2 hours north to go to my girlfriends farm. While we are up there me and her little brother like to have target practice on their farm. I just want to know if it's legal if I have it in my car and carrying it around when we are up there. I don't want to get myself in trouble, and the first thing I'd tell a police officer is I that I have it in the car.

"...and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
    -Abraham Lincoln

If you're of legal age to possess the BB gun and you're within the regulations regarding the transport of said gun... then you're fine.

I don't know about Georgia, but Wisconsin requires every weapon to be secured in a fully enclosed carrying case during transport (yes, even BB/pellet guns). If you're worried about it, buy a cheap "gun sock," stick the BB gun in that and transport it in your trunk when traveling. Then you won't have to worry at all.

Forum Member

BB Gun

Thanks Guams!

-Abraham Lincoln

FYI..if you drive into Florida leave your BB Gun at home...bringing it in the car will be a BAD idea unless you hate breathing. Like Biw 371 stated above, you will at the minimun get a real gun inserted at your skull. Down here BB guns and fake (toy) guns are often used in robberies...