PDA

View Full Version : Transit P.D. Buffalo Niagara

aikido kid
03-16-2008, 01:44 AM
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority Police Department is having an exam open to certified and non certified candidates. The information is listed below.

http://nfta.com/police/recruitment.html

The deadline is March 28th.

There is no residency requirement for taking the exam, ie the Buffalo PD exam. You just need to meet the residency requirements at the time of hire.

chktovegas
03-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks for this post, I would have never known....

aikido kid
03-16-2008, 06:10 PM
I take it you where raised in Cheektowaga...

haha. :D

cjrudy
03-17-2008, 09:23 AM
I would love to near anyones opinions on being a NFTA Transit Police Officer, Their thoughts on the job itself, good job?, good pay?,management issues?, job satisfaction?.

cjrudy
03-17-2008, 09:23 AM
I am considering taking the test, dont know if its the job I want.

aikido kid
03-18-2008, 05:27 PM
take the exam, the more you take the better you'll get at them.

cjrudy
03-18-2008, 06:05 PM
I think I will put my application in and see if I get called for the test

aikido kid
03-22-2008, 04:49 PM
The deadline willbe extended till April, so your applications in.

And you need the college credits AT THE TIME OF HIRE, not at the time of the exam.

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants to the NFTA Transit Police must be of good moral character and emotionally stable, as determined by comprehensive background investigation and psychological test. Must possess and maintain valid New York State driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record. Other requirements include:
· Age: Must be at least 20 years old at time of examination; must be 21 years old at time of appointment.
· Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen.
· Education: High school diploma or equivalent and either:
a) A minimum of 60 college credits from an accredited college or university; or
b) 30 college credit hours and an Honorable Discharge from the United States military following at least 2 years active military service, 6 years Reserves or US National Guard service; or
c) 30 college credit hours and successful completion of a Certified Police Officer Training Course approved by, or equivalent to a course approved by, the NYS Municipal Police Training Council. NYS Peace Officer certification does not qualify for this exception.
· Physical: Must be physically fit to perform police duties, as determined by medical examination and agility tests. Must have visual acuity of at least 20/25 in each eye without corrective lenses or visual acuity separately corrected to 20/25 or better with corrective lenses and distant binocular acuity of at least 20/25 in both eyes with or without corrective lenses. Visual and binocular acuity must be at least 20/50 without corrective lenses. Field of vision must be at least 70° in the horizontal median in each eye.
· Residency: At time of appointment, candidate must reside in any surrounding county that touches Erie, Niagara, or Genesee counties.

chktovegas
03-25-2008, 11:33 PM
I take it you where raised in Cheektowaga...

haha. :D

What gave that away?????? Haven't been home in almost two years, anything changed around the rust belt???

cjrudy
03-26-2008, 12:56 AM
I was just looking over the application and they want 3 professional references. I have been working in a factory for the past 14 years, where am I going to come up with 3 professional references?

aikido kid
03-27-2008, 11:36 PM
cjrudy = yeah, that's got to be tough. See if you can call the HR dept. at 181 Ellicott St. and ask them what to do. I mean, I'm sure they would understand if you did not have three for that reason.

chktovegas = the mall has expanded, they got a cheese cake factory now! They have new stores and places to eat it's real nice. They have windmills on lake Erie now, but they don't work, and the Bills are moving to Toronto.

FmrHammerMonkey
03-28-2008, 03:19 AM
cjrudy = yeah, that's got to be tough. See if you can call the HR dept. at 181 Ellicott St. and ask them what to do. I mean, I'm sure they would understand if you did not have three for that reason.

chktovegas = the mall has expanded, they got a cheese cake factory now! They have new stores and places to eat it's real nice. They have windmills on lake Erie now, but they don't work, and the Bills are moving to Toronto.

Come on Aikido, you forgot the most important thing....no tolls at Ogden or Scajaqueda anymore!:D

aikido kid
03-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Come on Aikido, you forgot the most important thing....no tolls at Ogden or Scajaqueda anymore!:D

oh thats right! How did I forget that.

The Grand Island toll is now a $1.00 though...

They are actualy building new stuff down town. I know it seams funny saying that but they are.

IAmJeff
03-29-2008, 06:14 PM
what are professional references? employers? since the deadline is extended to april, maybe I'll give it a look.

aikido kid
03-29-2008, 11:05 PM
yeah they are from people you worked. and yes the dead line is april 11th.

aikido kid
03-29-2008, 11:18 PM
yeah they are from people you worked. and yes the dead line is april 11th.

Rabbit214
05-24-2008, 05:50 PM
taking pt test at southside elemetary school on June 7th. Seems kind of small, are there multiple pt test locations?

UpstateNYPD
06-03-2008, 08:29 PM
taking pt test at southside elemetary school on June 7th. Seems kind of small, are there multiple pt test locations?

Yes there are, because some people are taking the test on the 8th.

cjrudy
06-04-2008, 08:07 AM
I am taking the test on June 8th, but its still at Southside Elementary

Rabbit214
06-09-2008, 05:21 PM
took the pt test... detective said they are looking at the "top" 20-30 candidates... any idea how they decide who are the top 20-30?? Up to this point, all testing was pass/fail.

toocoldhere11
06-10-2008, 05:15 PM
any idea how they decide who are the top 20-30?? Up to this point, all testing was pass/fail.

i am really wondering this too

cjrudy
06-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Physical fitness test was 2 weeks ago, has anyone heard anything?

Rabbit214
06-26-2008, 07:02 PM
haven't heard.

cjrudy
06-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Word is they are only looking to put 2 people into the August academy. :mad: There is more info under the NY board at the NFTA posts