PDA

View Full Version : fhp pat test

calhbr
08-04-2007, 08:54 PM
need a little help here please,,im going to orlando on the 20th of this month for the pat test,ive allready taken the cjbat test so i will be exempt from that,but i do have to take the pat test,,so my question is what kind of clothes should i wear,,,should i go in something nice and change before the test or just wear pt clothes,,i know,i know,i should call and ask the people at fhp,and i will but i was wondering if anyone else knew the answer,,thx

StudChris
08-04-2007, 10:01 PM
It's been a while since I looked, but I believe it says just go in workout gear. But... call the recruiter and ask him.

SBG78
08-05-2007, 08:23 AM
well i went to Tally on July 28th and here was my exp:

I walk into the room and i am dressed business casual. The rest of the 28 people in the room were not!! Me and about 3 others dressed nicely. Everybody esle was in workout gear. Then Capt. Corrata said that usually we would be expected to dress nicely, but today is not a day for dressing nicely,

So after we finished going over the entire application he told us to meet him at the obstacle course area. Well most of the class gets up and goes straight to the area for the course while me and 3 others have to go and change clothes. I was the next to last person to do my PAT. Then when i finished i had to rush in to take the CJBAT.

Long story short, wear workout gear.............. :)

JLRapp18
08-06-2007, 09:24 AM
well i went to Tally on July 28th and here was my exp:

I walk into the room and i am dressed business casual. The rest of the 28 people in the room were not!! Me and about 3 others dressed nicely. Everybody esle was in workout gear. Then Capt. Corrata said that usually we would be expected to dress nicely, but today is not a day for dressing nicely,

So after we finished going over the entire application he told us to meet him at the obstacle course area. Well most of the class gets up and goes straight to the area for the course while me and 3 others have to go and change clothes. I was the next to last person to do my PAT. Then when i finished i had to rush in to take the CJBAT.

Long story short, wear workout gear.............. :)

Same experience for me. I dressed nice, most everyone else was not, but its all good. If you are going to the PAT test in Orlando you will meet first at the Troop D HQ and then after an hour and a half of procedures and going through your application page by page you drive over to Valencia CC where you do the PAT test. They line you up according to if you have to do the CJBAT or not, those who have to take the CJBAT get to do the PAT first. Good luck!

frostbiteCRA
08-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Those of you that are applying, good luck and hang in there. It will seem like for ever, but time will go fast and in no time you will be at the academy doing push-ups and running like hell....LOL. We need people and we need them bad. The major metro areas (Jax, Orlando, Tampa, Ft Laud, Miami) are so short, we may have only 50% of what we used to a few years ago. Good OT and for the most part good people ( that is depending on who your Capt and Lt's are). We are like a big family and to prove it the Colonel knows almost everyone by their first name...
Overall, great agency to work for....GOOD LUCK.

futurencLEO
08-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Is the Jacksonville area relatively easy to get out of the academy because I don't see many (if any) recruits that have been sent their after graduation.

Thats one area in Florida that I would like to live in, but I thought it was a difficult area to be assigned.

SBG78
08-07-2007, 11:28 PM
futurenLEO

i know when i went to my testing in Tallahassee Cpt Corrata said that if you were looking to go to Jax, there probably wont be any slots right now. He made it evident that Orlando, and Ft. Laud, Miami are gonna be reality. I dont knwo if he just said this to weed folks out that wanna be in their hometown or what, but that is what he said.

futurencLEO
08-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Thanks SGB.

I lived in Naples many years ago, and I don't have any desire to return to that area. If I were to return to Florida, I'd hope to stay as far north as possible.

I do understand that if I were to get on with FHP, I would probably have to do my time in South or Central for a while, though.

I've still got a little time to think about it.

kojakwithakodak
08-08-2007, 10:56 AM
My advice for the pat is to wear sweat pants and a t-shirt. I you do it in orlando it will be early morning and most likely it will be wet (rainy season). this could be good and bad. Good, because when you get to the dummy drag all you will need is momentum and the dummy should slip on through. Bad, because it is going to be muddy and you will get dirty. You have about 6 min. and the average time for most is in the 3-4 min. range. As for palcement after graduation, most likely you will go to either Miami-Dade,Orange, Osceola,Volusia and Brevard counties. The good thing with that is that FHP is pretty good at giving you your choice of places to transfer after 1 year. Best kept secrets in my Oppinion are the Florida Keys and The Florida Turnpike...just my two cents. Well, good luck to all and i hope this post helps. Oh! when you report to the pat test, please dont be late. The same people who administer the test are the ones that are doing the background investigation on you. And chances are there will be a Major there assisting. Your reputation starts to be anayzed from this day on.

LeanG
08-08-2007, 03:42 PM
need a little help here please,,im going to orlando on the 20th of this month for the pat test,ive allready taken the cjbat test so i will be exempt from that,but i do have to take the pat test,,so my question is what kind of clothes should i wear,,,should i go in something nice and change before the test or just wear pt clothes,,i know,i know,i should call and ask the people at fhp,and i will but i was wondering if anyone else knew the answer,,thx

Sweats (with shorts and a t-shirt underneath) to change into.