PDA

View Full Version : WTF CPD officer siccs dogs on fellow CPD officers

Corp
08-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Cop accused of siccing dog on officers for son

August 1, 2007
An off-duty Chicago Police officer was charged with resisting arrest after she allegedly released a pit bull in her yard while officers were trying to arrest her son.
Officer Karen Mickow's son was accused of pouring gasoline on a neighbor's property during a dispute before 1 a.m. Saturday.

When officers arrived at her home in the 5700 block of South Moody to arrest the son, she allegedly told them to "get out." The officers refused and Mickow released the dog, which charged at them, police said.

No one was injured.

Mickow was reassigned to desk duty. It was unclear Tuesday if the son was charged with a crime.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/491710,CST-NWS-cop01.article

WTF? Apparently her son is a POS, as is she. She should be kicked off for that BS. As much as I hate to see animals being hurt, they should have shot them.

I hate that the officers had to deal with a POS like her... Glad they were not hurt.

scratched13
08-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Cop accused of siccing dog on officers for son

August 1, 2007
An off-duty Chicago Police officer was charged with resisting arrest after she allegedly released a pit bull in her yard while officers were trying to arrest her son.
Officer Karen Mickow's son was accused of pouring gasoline on a neighbor's property during a dispute before 1 a.m. Saturday.

When officers arrived at her home in the 5700 block of South Moody to arrest the son, she allegedly told them to "get out." The officers refused and Mickow released the dog, which charged at them, police said.

No one was injured.

Mickow was reassigned to desk duty. It was unclear Tuesday if the son was charged with a crime.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/491710,CST-NWS-cop01.article

WTF? Apparently her son is a POS, as is she. She should be kicked off for that BS. As much as I hate to see animals being hurt, they should have shot them.

I hate that the officers had to deal with a POS like her... Glad they were not hurt.

Are they sure that it was a Pitt? It sounds like it could have been a colie....

t150vsuptpr
08-01-2007, 03:02 PM
They do seem to have their fair share of problem females (http://www.officer.com/online/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=37185) up there. :)

:D

zombo
08-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Not to mention the male cops that beat the crap out of female bartenders and stock brokers...

...What's happening up there, getting nostalgic for the 20's?

Raiden
08-01-2007, 03:30 PM
The problem here was that she was thinking as the boys mother rather than a LEO, hence the reaction. But it was stupid of her to do that, she could have made a simple arrest into a worse situation than what it was.

Shame on her.

Tuffy
08-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Releasing the dog on the officers equals........Felony assualt x the number of officers in the yard at the time...could get real ugly for her if they decide to pursue it..

willowdared
08-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Apparently, the apple did not fall far from the tree?

Wonder how old the son is, and how many prior encounters he's had with police.

katzeyze
08-01-2007, 07:02 PM
The dog "charged" them, not bit them. So the dog should have been shot based on what... that it was a pit bull? If she had released a lab, dalmatian or retriever would the sentiment still apply?

On the topic of the woman and her poor choice of releasing her dog at police officers - riding a desk is just way to good for her. IMO, she should have been suspended without pay pending the outcome of an internal investigation. That's just my opinion though.

txleo-3
08-01-2007, 07:38 PM
The dog "charged" them, not bit them. So the dog should have been shot based on what... that it was a pit bull? If she had released a lab, dalmatian or retriever would the sentiment still apply?

I am not going to wait for it to bite me....if I deem it a threat and it is "charging" at me, sorry for your loss.

willowdared
08-01-2007, 08:59 PM

Absolutely. A charging dog intent on attack, is a charging dog intent on attack.

Shoot it, tase it, or pepper spray it, regardless of breed.